Bring back 3 former player (bit of fun)

A topic for a little fun.

So you could integrate 3 former player from any era within the time you have watched/supported your team.

Who would you choose and why?

1. Nacho Novo. In his one season with us Nacho was prolific not only that he was a real nuisance up front too with his pace and relentlessness

2. Colin Cameron. Steely  workhorse in midfield who could contribute with some cracking goals.

3. Mark Campbell. Such a presence at the back and would form a great partnership with Berra and Kyle.

Mentions...

Rougier (missed out by our signing of Ross)

Mcanespie ( wing backs are strong atm)

OK rules. It is dependent on the form they had at your club.

You have to have seen them play in the flesh for your team at least once.

The choices have to compliment your current team and be implemented in positions you feel need strengthening.  So for instance I wouldn't choose Dave Mcgurn based on the fact we have a strong goalkeeper in that position.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by mealsonwheels
New rules set

2 hours ago, mealsonwheels said:

A topic for a little fun.

So you could integrate 3 former player from any era within the time you have watched/supported your team.

Who would you choose and why?

1. Nacho Novo. In his one season with us Nacho was prolific not only that he was a real nuisance up front too with his pace and relentlessness

2. Colin Cameron. Steely  workhorse in midfield who could contribute with some cracking goals.

3. Mark Campbell. Such a presence at the back and would form a great partnership with Berra and Kyle.

Mentions...

Rougier (missed out by our signing of Ross)

Mcanespie ( wing backs are strong atm)

We’ve got our new Mark Campbell. His name Christophe Berra🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Ryan Christie because he’d create chances in this league and score plenty.

Graeme Shinnie as he’s one of the best to ever play for us (in my time watching Caley).

Jonny Hayes, he’d run at players and get people off their seats

Probably forgot a blatantly obvious one

That would probably be my 3 with Adam Rooney just missing out. He was an unbelievable finisher.

With our current squad it is very hard to pick only 3. If we could transport the entire 

We absolutely need a thug holding midfielder so Jamie Adams. This would allow Muirhead to move back to defence. His ability to protect the playmakers has been massively missed.

Micheal Rose would massively improve our backline, towards the end of his time with us he was one of the best defenders I've seen in any Ayr shirt. 

Next pick is incredibly difficult as we need a playmaker and we need a second striker badly. 

Alan Forrest has the ability to bridge the gap between playmaker and striker. Proven he can chip in with plenty of goals over the years and produce moments of magic that turn games. Double bonus that we've watched him grow from an academy boy into one of the best players in this league before moving onwards and upwards. Absolute joy to watch who gets fans off thier seats. 

Stephen Dobbie

Jimmy Robertson (first spell)

Stevie Tosh

Honourable mentions - Steve Bowey, Bobby Parker, Andy Thomson (first spell), Stuart Lovell, Alan Davidson, Henry Templeton (minus the attitude).

My father and grandfather always spoke in glowing terms about Jocky Dempster and Tommy O'Hara but they both left the year before I started going to games.  Maybe some older posters may choose them?

Scott Paterson. Complete centre half who could also go on a mazy run to start attacks if he wanted. My favourite ever Jags player.

Chic Charnley- for the magic, incredible free kicks and, nowadays, about a million red cards.

Kenny Arthur: we need a keeper. I always liked the big man, even the fact that (quoth Lambie) he fuckin cannae fuckin kick a fuckin ba' fuckin straight.