ICT V The mighty Rovers

steakngravy

The joint cup holders meet again in the game that could have or should have been the final several months ago. Both teams at this point are playiing well ICT have the luck of  a brilliant goal against us this season (jammy barstewards) with luck will be at the game. This forthcoming Saturday could be very interesting. Anyway all ICT fans will be made more than welcome in Kirkcaldy and our bar prices are cheaper than yours. 👍

• 1 month later...

We’re obviously going to break the hoodoo tomorrow night in a game we don’t really care about. Normal service will resume in the league in January.

McGlynn mentioned making some changes for this and I suspect Caley will be the same. If we can get through it without losing anyone for Saturday’s game at Arbroath then it’ll be job done for me.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

We’re obviously going to break the hoodoo tomorrow night in a game we don’t really care about. Normal service will resume in the league in January.

McGlynn mentioned making some changes for this and I suspect Caley will be the same. If we can get through it without losing anyone for Saturday’s game at Arbroath then it’ll be job done for me.

Yeah will be interesting to see how far he goes with the changes. Previous games this season would suggest it won’t be wholesale but I hope I’m wrong.

I would like to see us go with something along the lines of:

Thomson

Musonda    
Lang    
Bene   
Dick

Matthews   
BRS   
Tait

Connolly   
Poplatnik     
Mitchell

This keeps MacDonald, Berra, Tumilty, Spencer, Zanatta, Ross and Varian fresh for the weekend and gets minutes into those needing it and leaves a starting 11 that doesn’t look that bad.

Unlikely to be that many changes though, I think McGlynn will look to keep the momentum going and go relatively strong, he has taken this cup pretty seriously in the two seasons we’ve played it since he came back. Can see Bene, Tait and maybe Poplatnik being the only changes from the weekend. 

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Got my ticket but not sure if I'll attend if it remains as cold as it was on Saturday.

It's going to be a night of rain but not necessarily too cold if the forecast is accurate. A tie both teams could probably do without given the upcoming weekend's fixtures.

Edited by embow

5 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah will be interesting to see how far he goes with the changes. Previous games this season would suggest it won’t be wholesale but I hope I’m wrong.

I would like to see us go with something along the lines of:

Thomson

Musonda    
Lang    
Bene   
Dick

Matthews   
BRS   
Tait

Connolly   
Poplatnik     
Mitchell

This keeps MacDonald, Berra, Tumilty, Spencer, Zanatta, Ross and Varian fresh for the weekend and gets minutes into those needing it and leaves a starting 11 that doesn’t look that bad.

Unlikely to be that many changes though, I think McGlynn will look to keep the momentum going and go relatively strong, he has taken this cup pretty seriously in the two seasons we’ve played it since he came back. Can see Bene, Tait and maybe Poplatnik being the only changes from the weekend. 

Yeah I'd go something like that as well. I'm hoping that a combination of having virtually a fully fit squad and the fact we have three vital league matches coming up will persuade him to ring the changes. 

I suspect there won’t be too many changes, maybe 1 or 2, but not whole sale. I reckon it could be used as a “warm up” to playing in terrible conditions ready for Saturday.

The key here is to ensure there’s no injuries. I about shat myself on Saturday when Spencer got caught on the ankle and then went down with about 2mins to go, but he seemed to run it off ok.

I'd like to see a couple of starters be left out as I don't give a toss about this thing and it's just an injury crisis waiting to happen. 

Would like to see berra drop out, he has been fantastic all season but we could do with trying another pairing just in case.

I'd also leave out Dario who has worked hard all season so far. 

Maybe give Thomson a game too.