Unbeaten Hearts v Rampant Dundee

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd drop Woodburn and give GMS a start. Woodburn is clearly very good, but that's a few games he's been on the periphery a wee bit, would let him know there's competition for spots if he's not performing.

It's difficult because what Woodburn clearly needs is more game time to get up to speed so dropping him might be a better short term idea than a long term one and if Dundee at home isn't a good opportunity to give players game time then when is? 

That said GMS's laser guided corner for the equaliser at Ibrox strengthens the case for giving him more than 10 minutes (I know we're all supposed to pretend that McGregor could have easily dealt with it)

Basically the problem is that we've got Ginelly, GMS, McKay and  Woodburn realistically chasing 2 spots. Which is a far better problem than some of the ones we've had in recent years.

40 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's difficult because what Woodburn clearly needs is more game time to get up to speed so dropping him might be a better short term idea than a long term one and if Dundee at home isn't a good opportunity to give players game time then when is? 

That said GMS's laser guided corner for the equaliser at Ibrox strengthens the case for giving him more than 10 minutes (I know we're all supposed to pretend that McGregor could have easily dealt with it)

Basically the problem is that we've got Ginelly, GMS, McKay and  Woodburn realistically chasing 2 spots. Which is a far better problem than some of the ones we've had in recent years.

Yeah I'm not suggesting Woodburn is sidelined for a long period, just maybe a chance to give guys champing at the bit a chance. 

That said I fully expect Woodburn to start.

Right. If everyone from the welly-howking, jute-reminiscing backwater up yonder is quite finished gloating about us having an incredible season 36 years ago, as though it was some kind of victory, then we can get down to the real business.

Adam being back improves Dundee tenfold. He’s very good.

No idea if the wee kiddy-botherer is injured, but he rarely does much against us anyway.

Cummings isn’t particularly good, but he does have an annoying habit of raising his game v us.

We are a much much better side than when we last played Dundee though. I think it will be hard game, but we will win it.

3-1

Edited by Kyle Reese

29 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Right. If everyone from the welly-howking, jute-reminiscing backwater up yonder is quite finished gloating about us having an incredible season 36 years ago, as though it was some kind of victory, then we can get down to the real business.

Adam being back improves Dundee tenfold. He’s very good.

No idea if the wee kiddy-botherer is injured, but he rarely does much against us anyway.

Cummings isn’t particularly good, but he does have an annoying habit of raising his game v us.

We are a much much better side than when we last played Dundee though. I think it will be hard game, but we will win it.

3-1

Griffiths scores against us all the fucking time.  

32 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Aye? A handful for a good Celtic side, I suppose… fear him if you like. I’m quite cool about him.

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Aye? A handful for a good Celtic side, I suppose… fear him if you like. I’m quite cool about him.

I don't fear him, he's way past his best but he's scored i think 10 goals against us.  

We should win the game if we play anywhere near our capabilities

2 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't fear him, he's way past his best but he's scored i think 10 goals against us.  

We should win the game if we play anywhere near our capabilities

Astounded that it’s as many as ten tbh. How many of those were for the mhanks? Is it definitely ten? Or is it just a case of, ‘it should have been ten’?

So, an unconfirmed 10 against the Jambos.

How many has he scored against other clubs? Many against Falkirk? St Mirren? Dunfermline?

How does he do when trying to fire in to the Bairns, the Buddies, or the Pars?

9 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

2 in 9 for Hibs, 7 in 15 for Celtic apparently. Not quite as many as I thought, but I do always feel like he's going to score against us. Cummings has 4 in 8.

6 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

So, an unconfirmed 10 against the Jambos.

How many has he scored against other clubs? Many against Falkirk? St Mirren? Dunfermline?

How does he do when trying to fire in to the Bairns, the Buddies, or the Pars?

Transfermarkt credit him with nine goals in 24 games against Hearts (6 while at Celtic) 
He also scored a similar 9 (6 while at Celtic)   in 23 against Dundee 

detail's for other clubs here

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leigh-griffiths/bilanz/spieler/45611

If anybody has a reason to be especially nervous about him it's St Mirren against whom he's got 14 from 14

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

No not finished yet. So you can just fuckin rap yer pus.

Losing the league to a Kidd.

Relegated by an Email.

Minter of a club.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Transfermarkt credit him with nine goals in 24 games against Hearts (6 while at Celtic) 
He also scored a similar 9 (6 while at Celtic)   in 23 against Dundee 

detail's for other clubs here

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leigh-griffiths/bilanz/spieler/45611

If anybody has a reason to be especially nervous about him it's St Mirren against whom he's got 14 from 14

Thanks, TC.

So not particularly useful v Hearts unless he’s wearing the grey and green hoops.

Constantly embarrassing the Buddies.

Similarly meh v the gene-shy illiterates from the post jute ravaged wastelands up north.

The only thing which slightly concerns me about this game is that despite being unbeaten, Hearts have been slow starters in a few games this season. Theyve got away with it so far but I'd hate to see it continue on Saturday. Hopefully they'll be fired up enough to hammer this lot and give Dundee and their fans what they so richly deserve and have deserved for some considerable period of time.