Queens v Morton

It defies credulity that Blues seems to be virtually undroppable.  He's not the worst player we've ever had and he has popped up with the odd goal now and again, but there's just something ineffective about him, the game often passing him by.  I know he's still young, but he's not really good enough at this level.  If Lyon could get back to his best, Blues should not be keeping him on the bench.  Even on Saturday when we were particularly poor, Lyon at least showed some interest in getting the ball and driving forwards.  Tom Allen looks a bit of a shitebag, unwilling to go in where it hurts. However the worst aspect of our game is the inability to string three or four passes together and the long balls to nobody.  If Ugwu was fit, there might be some excuse but neither Reilly nor Muirhead can play the lone striker role with any conviction.  Reilly in particular has been very disappointing so far and I can only hope he can get match fit soon.  We are physically feeble up front and none too strong in midfield.  We need signings in January or we won't have a chance of reaching 8th.  Gus Mcpherson has made a complete mess of building a team, but even what we do have is wasted because he's clueless about who to select and how to set them up.  Maybe he could be punted to a director of football role to let someone who knows what they are doing deal with the team.

Queens looked every bit as bad, apart from Willie Gibson, who is a standout every time I see him play, despite him having a bus pass.