Queens v Morton

So frustrating watching this Queens team. Like the Ayr game last week, we’ve made a number of very good chances (without playing particularly well today so far tbh), but we’re completely blunt up front. Connelly apart, there just seems to be very few goals in this team. Seems like we have to create at least half a dozen good chances to take one. Not sure how Cameron missed his chance, looked easier to score. Keep on thinking we’ll eventually start taking some of our chances, but being so profligate in front of goal, we’re always vulnerable to a sucker punch.

We should really be winning comfortably here but at the same time Morton could have went in ahead. We're not good enough to keep wasting these chances. Very frustrating.

Get Johnston off for Todd and get Gibson out wide. My impression of Cameron before he joined us was he's a big haddy. It's still firmly my opinion. Hopefully he looks better in the second half but if he isn't doing anything after an hour I'd be wanting Roy on.

We look very low on confidence. Not making many chances up front and defense is a bomb-scare.

Muirhead had our best chance when he lobbed the keeper, but really should have scored.

Queens not taking advantage of our defensive frailties albeit hitting the post twice. 

A pretty poor spectacle even though both sides have come close.

I've not been in the habit of moaning too much about our pitch, but the more I see of it, the more it seems to dictate the shitness of the match.  I don't know if it just exposes our current ineptitude more starkly, but, these days, it really does seem to get in the way of any football breaking out.

QoS are basically rubbish… but they’ll eventually take one or more of the easy chances we’re coughing up.

We’re beyond rubbish… we’re a disgrace. The standards being accepted in terms of basic competence and - in some cases - effort are as low as I can remember.

Millen lingering like a fanny to listen to what supporters are shouting before going down the tunnel just about sums it up. We’re a joke.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A pretty poor spectacle even though both sides have come close.

I've not been in the habit of moaning too much about our pitch, but the more I see of it, the more it seems to dictate the shitness of the match.  I don't know if it just exposes our current ineptitude more starkly, but, these days, it really does seem to get in the way of any football breaking out.

Pitch is terrible. Makes half-decent players look poor… and poor players look like utter dogshit.

Woeful stuff. We never looked like scoring and always had that bomb-scare defensive blunder feel about it.

We're really struggling up front and no creativity in midfield. 

Don't see us getting a win in the near future.... 

That looked like a good shout for a penalty.

Junior's? Not for me. Right behind it and it looked like he was covering his blushes after wasting a very good chance. He should have hit it first time but instead took a touch and was blocked out. The guy works hard but he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Poor week for Queens, that's two games which could well have returned six points, at the least should have returned two points, but at the end only secures one point and against two sides in our area of the table where the impact would have been more significant. Might regret this later.

Still, a long way to go yet .....

It was a stonewaller for me watching it on the stream. Junior gets tripped up and Dallas seems in a decent position to give it. One of those I think you get 8/9 times out of 10. 

We were more dominant in the second half but created less chances. Roy and liddle both improved the team when they came on. Need to start putting away chances and avoid the brain fart from the defence every game, the muirhead chance was embarrassing. 

MacPherson looking up at the fans at full time with an utterly baffled expression on his face at being booed sums up the level of delusion inside the club about how much of a mess we're in. Hurtling towards relegation with no reasons for positivity whatsoever, but let's applaud a battling point or some bollocks while we're 8 without a win.

Ally Roy looked more dangerous in the 20 or so minutes he got than Cameron did in the 70 he was on.  Allan Johnston is taking the piss if he thinks his boy is the best option for rwb. Cochrane just doesn't doesn't inspire me in midfield either. Unless Cooper was injured I didn't see the sense in tinkering with the defence. As for the pitch, yes it's poor, especially trying to control a bouncing ball, but there is absolutely no excuse for players being unable to roll a pass on the deck to a teammate 20 yards away. On the plus side, at least they're selling half-time draw tickets round at the Portland approach. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The guy works hard but he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

To be fair though ... belting a coo's erse wi' a banjo might not be that easy ... especially if you happened to be playing said banjo at the time .... you know, the coo might hear the banjo and not stick around to be belted by it .... sorry to be pendantic like ... 🙄