Queens v Morton

Oliver playing (and scoring) would be very funny, but I’m anticipating yet another circus of a performance, probably a 1-0 loss. Even if we sneak a much needed win, I don’t think many will be seeing it as any sort of turning point.

I was feeling strangely confident about this game earlier in the week.

Now I'm certain we're heading into a shame game. 

Absolutely gutted my first visit to Palmerston will end with me getting banned for life for picking up @Dunning1874 and launching him at McPherson like like a bearded javelin

From our OS: 

"With the Championship clubs all reaching an agreement to maintain red zones there will still be no changes to arrangements within the stadium for either spectators or players. Both clubs will continue to operate 2m social distancing within the playing squads due to the requirements for isolations should a player test positive, especially in the light of the fact that not all players are fully vaccinated. Therefore, HOME supporters will still be located within the BDS stand and Oakbank terrace...

...Please note that the BDS Stand ticket office is CASH ONLY. Spectators are requested to bring the correct ticket money with them. This will ease pressure on the ticket office. Should you wish to pay by card you should purchase your ticket from the ticket office within the Arena"

Despite the fact that Red Zones are no longer a legal requirement then, clubs have agreed to maintain them.  I can see that it's very important to clubs that they avoid positive cases, given the disruption they cause.  This seems to imply, however, that it's necessary, in part, because some footballers are too gormless to get the freely available vaccination.  That's a less palatable aspect.

As for not accepting card payments at the part of the ground everyone is required to enter by, that surely now deserves an entry on the 'tin-pot' thread.  It then requires a particular nerve to request that fans bring the "correct ticket money" in order to speed things along.

The landscape is obviously still difficult, but these features are not doing much to entice people along.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

From our OS: 

"With the Championship clubs all reaching an agreement to maintain red zones there will still be no changes to arrangements within the stadium for either spectators or players. Both clubs will continue to operate 2m social distancing within the playing squads due to the requirements for isolations should a player test positive, especially in the light of the fact that not all players are fully vaccinated. Therefore, HOME supporters will still be located within the BDS stand and Oakbank terrace...

...Please note that the BDS Stand ticket office is CASH ONLY. Spectators are requested to bring the correct ticket money with them. This will ease pressure on the ticket office. Should you wish to pay by card you should purchase your ticket from the ticket office within the Arena"

Despite the fact that Red Zones are no longer a legal requirement then, clubs have agreed to maintain them.  I can see that it's very important to clubs that they avoid positive cases, given the disruption they cause.  This seems to imply, however, that it's necessary, in part, because some footballers are too gormless to get the freely available vaccination.  That's a less palatable aspect.

As for not accepting card payments at the part of the ground everyone is required to enter by, that surely now deserves an entry on the 'tin-pot' thread.  It then requires a particular nerve to request that fans bring the "correct ticket money" in order to speed things along.

The landscape is obviously still difficult, but these features are not doing much to entice people along.

I thought the reason for the red zones in the old stand was that the front of it was being used for substitutes because the replacement dugouts had not come. That was weeks ago and again it seems that the supporters are being herded together to accommodate this. Supporters would appear to be a secondary consideration and are there not local firm that could fabricate the dugouts to resolve this issue?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

What's the actual reason for not accepting card payments under the new stand? Is the signal rubbish or can we not afford another card reader?

It's the signal or connection  weakness or something isn't strong enough I believe, or more likely, not enough plug sockets. I'm maybe way off but it seems a bit ironic to me that the stand that is sponsored by a Digital Technology Company isn't able to have card reading technology installed. I'm not saying the sponsoring Company is responsible for lack of card readers btw.  I suppose we shouldn't be surprised at the tin-pottedness of it, this is the club who were relying on two Council street lights to illuminate along the back of the East Stand only to find out when those lights were removed that it was going to be very dark behind there and they would need to install their own.  I know there's no social distancing now as such  but it seems that making it necessary for more people to go into the Arena to buy match tickets with a card or cash, having go to the shop for programmes and 50/50 draw tickets is forcing a lot of people to congregate in confined spaces. 

1 hour ago, mwwqos321 said:

I thought the reason for the red zones in the old stand was that the front of it was being used for substitutes because the replacement dugouts had not come. That was weeks ago and again it seems that the supporters are being herded together to accommodate this. Supporters would appear to be a secondary consideration and are there not local firm that could fabricate the dugouts to resolve this issue?

Seems fine to have fans mixing at the bar, though.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

From our OS: 

No restrictions at Hampden Park two weeks ago where 50,000 fans were standing shoulder to shoulder outside the stadium before gaining entry and happily sitting next to each other during the game. 

Edited by the_palmy_pie

Good to hear that the players will continue to have loads of room in the stand set aside for them. Just as well they are so rubbish at football that not many people want to watch them playing, so the small and dwindling number of fans shouldn’t have any trouble finding a seat in the limited capacity stand they’ve been turfed into. The way things are going, there will soon be even more empty seats in that stand as well, so the players will be able to spread out into that one if they like.

So the boy wonder retains his place at RWB and Joseph's name reappears on the list of subs.  No defenders on the bench either.

I'm suddenly feeling less optimistic about this for some reason I can't quite put my finger on...

12 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

So the boy wonder retains his place at RWB and Joseph's name reappears on the list of subs.  No defenders on the bench either.

I'm suddenly feeling less optimistic about this for some reason I can't quite put my finger on...

Fitzpatrick injured out for a number of weeks. Lose a game but he stays with same team to include his boy. Todd and Roy should be in

Edited by Manwithnoball