Queens v Morton

Two "off the boil" ex Queens strikers maybe facing us on Saturday, you just know what's going to happen. Anyway I hope Queen's fans give Gav Reilly a sporting reception, Gary Oliver, not so much. 

I expect they will tbh. I have to admit I don't have ill feelings towards Oliver either. He was pretty shit but not bad enough for me to dislike him.

Until he scores and cups his ear [emoji38]

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I expect they will tbh. I have to admit I don't have ill feelings towards Oliver either. He was pretty shit but not bad enough for me to dislike him.

Until he scores and cups his ear emoji38.png

Even worse if he buys a penalty when a gust if wind knocks him over. I thought you hated him for hitting the deck too easy, even when he played for us. Debayo better keep well away from him too, he can't afford to give away another pen. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Even worse if he buys a penalty when a gust if wind knocks him over. I thought you hated him for hitting the deck too easy, even when he played for us. Debayo better keep well away from him too, he can't afford to give away another pen. 

His diving infuriated me both for and against us. I just mean I wouldn't feel the need to 'boo' or shout at him. I think John Baird was the last former player I felt the need to 'boo' and that was purely down to how he left.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

His diving infuriated me both for and against us. I just mean I wouldn't feel the need to 'boo' or shout at him. I think John Baird was the last former player I felt the need to 'boo' and that was purely down to how he left.

He left in pretty much exactly the same way and time as Mark Kerr though. Indeed Kerr manipulated the position far more than Baird did. But you don't mention him?

He left in pretty much exactly the same way and time as Mark Kerr though. Indeed Kerr manipulated the position far more than Baird did. But you don't mention him?

Mark Kerr was a key player for us. I agree they left in similar circumstances but lets not kid on a major reason Baird wanted away was because he spat the dummy.

Kerr at least contributed for us.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mark Kerr was a key player for us. I agree they left in similar circumstances but lets not kid on a major reason Baird wanted away was because he spat the dummy.

Kerr was the instigator. Baird was a lot more professional in how he did it. Kerr was excellent for us. I didnt boo either of them either. But we've quite clearly now established the reason you boo Baird certainly isnt 'purely down to how he left'.

Kerr was the instigator. Baird was a lot more professional in how he did it. Kerr was excellent for us. I didnt boo either of them either. But we've quite clearly now established the reason you boo Baird certainly isnt 'purely down to how he left'.

You haven't "quite cleary" established anything. I'm telling you the reason I disliked Baird. He left because he wasn't getting as much game time as he expected and obviously didn't want to bother his arse to win a place. He saw Kerr manipulate a move and followed suit - if Kerr had spat the dummy because he was stuck on the bench then I'd have similar feelings towards him.

I don't particularly like Kerr for doing what he did but given he was one of my favourite CM in recent times combined with what I have been told as to why he actually left, then I don't have such ill feelings towards him.

Similar to John O'Neill. The way he left the first time wasn't ideal but given how good he was for us I couldn't joing those foaming at the mouth at Love St all those years ago.

7 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I see Oliver openly criticizing our style of play in the local rag. 

For Oliver to publicly  criticize how the manager sets us up is very brave and I can only assume he knows Gus's job is on a shoogley peg or the dressing room have turned against him

Starting to get a liking for Oliver. Granted intake a couple of spells with us. Yes trying to push him over I would say an offer himself as a cheap option as already on wages.

Anyway maybe Lyon will show up an replicate that goal which gave us hope we had unearthed a gem.

Well looking like cloudy on Saturday so sun won't be in our eyes as we watch the season taking off.

I don’t know why but I was always under the impression that Kerr wasn’t rated by QOS fans and they were glad to see him go.

I don’t know why but I was always under the impression that Kerr wasn’t rated by QOS fans and they were glad to see him go.

Kerr was probably the best midfielder we've had since Stevie Tosh tbh. Quality player.

The QoS fans' dislike for him stems purely from his departure.

44 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Kerr was probably the best midfielder we've had since Stevie Tosh tbh. Quality player.

The QoS fans' dislike for him stems purely from his departure.

Yes, Kerr was excellent for us, which is why his manufactured departure for a rival stung.  He's the sort of player we've been without too much down the years.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Similar to John O'Neill. The way he left the first time wasn't ideal but given how good he was for us I couldn't joing those foaming at the mouth at Love St all those years ago.

Eh? What was wrong with the way John O'Neill left us the first time? Have I forgotten something? Player at end of contract, rejects new contract talks to sign for a bigger club on a bigger wage. Happens every season. For John O'Neill read Connor Shields, or Ayo Obileye, etc.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is it confirmed yet whether the Main Stand will be open to the public for this?

I've some sweetie papers that won't rustle themselves.

I dont think its been confirmed anywhere though I imagine it will be in the match preview. As far as I know it wont be though. Should be for next game. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I dont know a single QoS fan who didnt rate Kerr very highly as a player. He was great for us and I'd agree with @19QOS19 that he was the best since Tosh. McShane was decent too but lacked the wise head. Kerr was better. We havent had a better midfielder since he left. If Wullie Gibson remains in that position medium term he is capable of doing that job too though.

The dislike stems entirely from how he manipulated his departure (& took Baird with him) after becoming unsettled following the departure of his mentor. 

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I dont think its been confirmed anywhere though I imagine it will be in the match preview. As far as I know it wont be though. Should be for next game. 

Ok thanks.

That's bloody annoying though.  It's apparently been on the verge of changing for a while.

On Oliver's criticism of MacPherson, I think the Tele have been a bit cheeky with the headline. It makes it look like Oliver explicitly said himself "ditch the long ball tactics" when he didn't, and you then read the article with that tone in your head which makes it come across as far more scathing than it actually is.

Still though, while it wasn't quite as cutting as that, when players are critically discussing tactics in the local press like that it's hard not to see this as another indication that MacPherson is past the point of no return. Lost the fans, possibly lost the players, only taken six points from the first quarter of the season, on the worst run of form for over seven years with the worst record of any Morton manager for 36 years. Another defeat on Saturday will see the crowd turn and that won't be a pleasant atmosphere.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh? What was wrong with the way John O'Neill left us the first time? Have I forgotten something? Player at end of contract, rejects new contract talks to sign for a bigger club on a bigger wage. Happens every season. For John O'Neill read Connor Shields, or Ayo Obileye, etc.

I was a lot younger so can't be 100% but I don't think it was as simple as that. Unless it was a new concept to a lot of QoS fans. From memory it wasn't just a player leaving for a bigger club. I'm sure it was more a case of him 'storming out'. The reception he got at Love St was one of the most toxic I can recall against a former player. Him scoring didn't help :lol: One idiot even got thrown out for throwing a lighter at him when he ran past after scoring. When he rejoined he even commented on his departure and how he wasn't happy no one heard his side of the story. 

As I say, it may well have been a simple move to a bigger club but I definitely remember it wasn't quite as smooth as that. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was a lot younger so can't be 100% but I don't think it was as simple as that. Unless it was a new concept to a lot of QoS fans. From memory it wasn't just a player leaving for a bigger club. I'm sure it was more a case of him 'storming out'. The reception he got at Love St was one of the most toxic I can recall against a former player. Him scoring didn't help :lol: One idiot even got thrown out for throwing a lighter at him when he ran past after scoring. When he rejoined he even commented on his departure and how he wasn't happy no one heard his side of the story. 

As I say, it may well have been a simple move to a bigger club but I definitely remember it wasn't quite as smooth as that. 

I've maybe forgotten something then. Right enough I can recall the lighter thing. I think our fans were just a bit full of themselves generally at that point and took offence that one of our best players had left us to sign for a St Mirren team who had finished below us in the league. Was it not back at the stage when 1st Division football was a novelty and we were still getting 2,000+ for home games. They probably thought it was a step down for him!

5 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Why aren’t match day programmes available to purchase outside the ground anymore and whatever happened to the 50/50 halftime draw ?

Both badly missed. 

Both are sold in the club shop. Certainly at the start of the season they weren't being sold in person by sellers as part of the Covid protocols outside the ground. I assume there's nothing to stop that now though. I think it's probably mainly because there aren't actually that many programmes produced now for there to be any point sending kids out selling them.