Cormack oot

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

Yup. Hibs are such a massive club in this clowns eyes that he uses a semi final to justify that claim.

His entire post is comfort blanket stuff. 😀

Apart from the semi final stuff, Easter Road is a disjointed shambles, that looks like the result of the world’s biggest game of Jenga.

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We made semi finals relatively frequently when we were shite too, we just invariably got pumped. 

Good to know the hibee juggernaut are excited about their semi final though. 

No sure we all are m9.

I certainly wouldnt have been bragging about being in a semi given we were in 2 last year and ended up with the square root of fuckall.

Back ot - I am unconvinced that this thread has much merit - wouldnt it be be more convenient if we could all just visit the main "Famous Aberdeen" thread to give us all an occasional giggle?

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

No sure we all are m9.

I certainly wouldnt have been bragging about being in a semi given we were in 2 last year and ended up with the square root of fuckall.

Back ot - I am unconvinced that this thread has much merit - wouldnt it be be more convenient if we could all just visit the main "Famous Aberdeen" thread to give us all an occasional giggle?

Maybe not but your man hoose rice got a wee bit excited in general overnight. 

If you reign him in I’m sure the dons will continue to provide everyone a good laugh on the pitch this season. 

Come on loons, let these yo-yo clubbers have their fun.

We're a shambles just now and what we have to ask ourselves is would we trade our unbroken history of top flight football, unassailable position as Scotland's most successful European club and consistent if occasionally only just above average seasons for the hilarious rollercoasters of the odd high profile cup win, plummeting to the seaside leagues, Lithuanian money laundering, repeated administrations and the ignominy of being relegated by an email from Dundee?

Quite possibly tbh. 

Aberdeen's run of unbroken top flight football is a complete sham though. They didn't earn promotion to the top flight in the first place, having been put up despite finishing 7th in a 12 team 2nd Division. It's all built on a lie. That's before we even discuss them dodging a play-off a couple of decades back.

It's easy to have an unbroken run when you don't earn it.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Aberdeen's run of unbroken top flight football is a complete sham though. They didn't earn promotion to the top flight in the first place, having been put up despite finishing 7th in a 12 team 2nd Division. It's all built on a lie. That's before we even discuss them dodging a play-off a couple of decades back.

And this my friends, is why it’s so delicious. 

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'd have fancied our chances in the playoff based on our cup results that season tbh.

28 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Won't happen.  They will be saved by reconstruction like the last time they finished in a relegation spot.

Glass must stay.

Looks like there's a concerted effort going on to re-write history at the moment. 

Deeply Trumpian stuff on P&B

Very much sounds like you are going down the Dunfermline long term route rather than the Ayr route. By that I mean the atmosphere will eventually turn incredibly toxic, nothing will be done other than the board backing their man and slagging the fans. The Ayr route was a manager who was so thin skinned he was chased out by a few boo boys., and the board appeared to be utterly astonished he resigned. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

This thread has taken a very amusing turn overnight....I'm particularly enjoying 'Hoose Rice's' work. 

Cheers lads for giving us a chuckle in these bleak, desperate times.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Nobody "earned" promotion until 1921/22, when it was introduced.

Kilmarnock were "put up" in 1898/99, although, in fairness, they did finish top for the second year running. Mind you in 1896/97 they didn't get one vote in the election of teams to the top flight.

Despite finishing in "relegation" spots in 1903/04, 1905/06 and 1906/07, Kilmarnock were not relegated, but re-elected.

Guest Bob Mahelp
56 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nobody "earned" promotion until 1921/22, when it was introduced.

Kilmarnock were "put up" in 1898/99, although, in fairness, they did finish top for the second year running. Mind you in 1896/97 they didn't get one vote in the election of teams to the top flight.

Despite finishing in "relegation" spots in 1903/04, 1905/06 and 1906/07, Kilmarnock were not relegated, but re-elected.

It's pleasing to see that, even 125 years ago, nobody in Scotland liked these Kilmarnock wannabe h*ns. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Big clubs regularly get to semis and finals.  It’s really that simple. 

Aberdeen - 32 finals

Hibs (despite having 28 years of a head start over the Dons) - 25 finals

Aberdeen > Hibs