Jump to content

Joke of a committee


Greig Robinson
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Donny23gh said:

I think he will try to cope better than his predecessor. But we will understand this only at the end of the season

If its at the end off the season why fold his Sunday team?

Pretty sure he is taking them with him and the ones that are were already there are finding other clubs 

And good luck to him he had a good outfit with plenty who already had junior experience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

New teams up 4 1 against Saltcoats 

Fair play to them but shows the standard of the league tbh…

I have all the time in the world for the lads that took over at Bellshill, they are all great guys. The amateur team were very decent but hardly world beaters, and seem to be making a big difference already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Fair play to them but shows the standard of the league tbh…

I have all the time in the world for the lads that took over at Bellshill, they are all great guys. The amateur team were very decent but hardly world beaters, and seem to be making a big difference already.

I never said they were world beaters said there a good team 

Naw it just shows Saltcoats are no great shakes at the moment 

Good start for them though not taking anything away from them

I'm not a fan off either club just putting out the score 

And detest this sight getting used for a public slagging match 

Some people need to set there standards higher on line,I'm not meaning you personally 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All good mate, was just an observation having watched United a few times in the amateur league. Tbf, they seem to play well in the tough games but seen them play absolutely horrifically against the lesser teams.

Hopefully the boys are more settled at this level and can kick on. I’m not getting into the politics of what’s happening there, but I wish the lads all the best in trying to move on and getting the big Bellshill team back to where they should really be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Spyro said:

All good mate, was just an observation having watched United a few times in the amateur league. Tbf, they seem to play well in the tough games but seen them play absolutely horrifically against the lesser teams.

Hopefully the boys are more settled at this level and can kick on. I’m not getting into the politics of what’s happening there, but I wish the lads all the best in trying to move on and getting the big Bellshill team back to where they should really be

My nephews teams in there league I've also watched them a few times to,suppose it depends who you see the lesser teams as

All the teams are capible off beating each other in that league and it will be teams from that league that go far in the cups 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah it’s a very strong league, especially for Sunday standards. I play in the league below and fancied our chances against them (we were promised a friendly but never materialised!), but I know when they turn it on they would absolutely rip us apart… as would most teams in that top division!

 

It’s interesting seeing the crossover between the top ammy teams vs the tier 7-8 teams, there’s not much difference in talent but comes down to fitness and commitment and that’s something the lads from Bellshill all had over a lot of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Yeah it’s a very strong league, especially for Sunday standards. I play in the league below and fancied our chances against them (we were promised a friendly but never materialised!), but I know when they turn it on they would absolutely rip us apart… as would most teams in that top division!

 

It’s interesting seeing the crossover between the top ammy teams vs the tier 7-8 teams, there’s not much difference in talent but comes down to fitness and commitment and that’s something the lads from Bellshill all had over a lot of us.

Our Sunday team was one off the teams that got put up and your right about the fitness at one time our guys were training twice a night

Bellshill are a good team we were a bit injury ravaged when we played them but that isn't a excuse most teams will be in the same situation over the weeks

I usually watch the juniors at all different levels amongst other leagues and a few did stand out 

It's what happens if you can bring a team it's just its usually from Saturday teams were they all go together or the u20 guys get the chance to all go together happens a lot just now in the juniors 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’ve not even trained yet this season, still joint top though but the standard in our league is light years away from that top division 🤭😂

It will be interesting to see how the lads at Bellshill recruit. They were well liked so I can see a shake up happening with a few boys joining them. Can only be a good thing for Athletic, I just hope it doesn’t mess up the amateur teams too much because it shaping up to be an awesome league this season.

It’s great to see the teams that went up holding their own too, showing them that some of the teams below are no mugs either 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Spyro said:

We’ve not even trained yet this season, still joint top though but the standard in our league is light years away from that top division 🤭😂

It will be interesting to see how the lads at Bellshill recruit. They were well liked so I can see a shake up happening with a few boys joining them. Can only be a good thing for Athletic, I just hope it doesn’t mess up the amateur teams too much because it shaping up to be an awesome league this season.

It’s great to see the teams that went up holding their own too, showing them that some of the teams below are no mugs either 😉

We just trained when we could what with the covid situation aye there are no mugs that Tavern team hadn't been beat in two seasons untill they played us

I don't think it will a lot off the guys play Sat and Sun you can't do that as a junior player

So you will have the ones that just want to play football and get as much off it as they can 

And then you will get the ones that still have junior ambition that will probably go there for a season

It just depends on the person ammy players aren't even into going to the Premier half the time they think Ayrshire is the other side off the world 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...