David Amess MP murdered

ICTChris

I hope I'm wrong but I just see opportunists when it comes to these views.
Opportunists like taking money to stand beside Marine Le Pen to promote regime change in Iran.

The shit this guy was into.
No wonder the only thing people want to say about him is city status for Southend.

Saw he was also the Brass Eye mo who got done for Cake. Got the last laugh in banning Nitrous.

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Personally, I had nothing against the guy - a fairly typical Tory MP with fairly typical Tory values, by all accounts.

BUT, are these incessant tributes to him on every TV/radio news channel going to carry on ad nauseam?

Believe me, the Tories are working furiously to work out how they can turn this into a propaganda victory. 

They've got 2 open goals in the fact that this guy was of Somalian descent, and Angela Rayner's 'scum' comments. 

Their right wing press lapdogs are holding fire, but I suspect that tomorrow's editorials are going to be full of sanctimonious pish where they blame everyone from Nicola Sturgeon to Jeremy Corbyn.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Believe me, the Tories are working furiously to work out how they can turn this into a propaganda victory. 

They've got 2 open goals in the fact that this guy was of Somalian descent, and Angela Rayner's 'scum' comments. 

Their right wing press lapdogs are holding fire, but I suspect that tomorrow's editorials are going to be full of sanctimonious pish where they blame everyone from Nicola Sturgeon to Jeremy Corbyn.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it be used as an argument to bring back the death penalty 

40 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He wasn't all bad.

Free the United Kingdom from Drugs (Incorporating British Opposition to Metabolically Bisturbile Drugs) was a noble cause that made a difference.

When was the last time you heard about anybody dying from Czech neck?

F.U.K.D & B.O.M.B.D. They did and achieved so much

55 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You don't have to wait until the Sabbath, simply listen to Lord McConnell of Glenscorrodale on BBC Sounds blame the 2014 indy ref

Had a day to think about how I feel about this, I think its sad that a man with a family has died in such a horrible way in an act of evil, but I think there’s quite an alarming fascination with beatifying people who held quite offensive positions post mortem. 
Yeah, I am kinda the same. Total condemnation of someone using a knife and taking the life of another, but when analysing the whole thing, and the reaction to it, we see people insisting on the sacredness of being an elected offical. Insisting that they are above and beyond the real life consequences of what they do day to day.

Your average Conservative politician has actively cast votes, for ideological reasons, that keep people miserable, cold, hungry. Prevent people getting help and support they need, and that would help them stand on their own two feet. These decisions lead to misery and death on an almost industrial scale, and its all because of their interprtation of who deserves to live like that.

I feel sad that someone has had their life ended in this way, and for his family. I also absolutely do not want to see the heart of our democracy attacked in this way either. The ballot box is the first and only way to go about this, but the gushing and political point scoring thats going to happen in the coming days just doesnt sit right with me at all.

If you had told me a bit about this guy a week ago, id have said I hate him with every fibre of my being.

Its not really releavnt tbh, its just that like you im having a hard time squaring up how I feel about it. Im not happy to hear about someone getting hacked up in public by a terrorist though, thats for certain.

10 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Anyone looking at his voting record two days ago would probably have correctly filed him away in the "typical Tory right wing c**t" box. He doesn't suddenly become a great guy because of yesterday. A horrible and undeserved way thing to happen of course, but I won't be shedding any tears or displaying any faux sympathy for a guy who consistently voted to keep the rich rich, the poor skint, was against tenants' rights, wanted a ban on abortion and was opposed to LGBT rights. 

No sympathy for a man bludgeoned to death by a terrorist scum. Have a look at yourself.

2 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

No sympathy for a man bludgeoned to death by a terrorist scum. Have a look at yourself.

That's a given. The criticism is over his pretended legacy as a saint in his community, which he wasn't.

I agree with the previous that it was a horrendous act, but when people are kept poor, insolvent, unable to feed their kids, etc etc etc, and the people responsible for keeping them that way are sitting beside you, then I suspect he wont be the last.