David Amess MP murdered

ICTChris

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm guessing you're thinking in particular of the murder of Qasem Soleimani whilst on a diplomatic mission?

More whataboutery. He was a commander of the murderous Iranian Revolutionary Guards. My Iranian neighbour could tell you a lot about their religious oppression, torture and murder of innocent civilians, especially women.

Btw, what does that have to do with the brutal murders of British MPs such as Jo Cox and David Amess in their constituencies.? Your comment suggests that you support their killers and sympathise with their motives.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

More whataboutery. He was a commander of the murderous Iranian Revolutionary Guards. My Iranian neighbour could tell you a lot about their religious oppression, torture and murder of innocent civilians, especially women.

Btw, what does that have to do with the brutal murders of British MPs such as Jo Cox and David Amess in their constituencies.? Your comment suggests that you support their killers and sympathise with their motives.

I'm sure there's lots of Iraqi's and Afghans would be saying the same about many a UK Government and their evil henchmen.

It's all a matter of perspective, which you seem incapable of grasping.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's not my place to support or condemn anything, I'm merely saying from the perpetrators perspective they're doing what they think is right, irrespective of how unsavoury that may be.

I should add that I'm talking from a perspective of general ideology and war as opposed to the incident today with a nutter with a machete attacking a defenceless pensioner, MP or not, which is of course shocking.

As for "whataboutery" ? I always find that to be the comeback of the moron, simply because without "whataboutery" we cannot compare or use a like for like standard and as such we require it to ensure consistency and a fair balance.

Why do you fear that ???

Pure deflection.

Ideology, especially religious ideology,  has been used by extremists and terrorists to justify the murder of innocent civilians, e.g. the Islamic State  throwing gay men off buildings in Syria.

Let's see if Amess's killer had any ideological or religious motivation. For me there is no difference between an IRA bomber and a religious extremist with a machete who kills a civilians on a London bridge or an MP in his constituency,

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Airey Neave MP (car bomb at the Houser of Commons), Sir Anthony Berry MP (Brighton bomb) and Ian Gow MP (car bomb at home) were murdered by the IRA.

I don't recall any Parliamentary memorials being erected in their memory.

Do you not have Google?

Anyway can we stfu about the troubles now as it's obviously in no way germane to this conversation. 

BTW Berry & Neave have memorials at the Imperial War Museum. 

Screenshot_20211015-205858_Chrome.jpg

34 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

And that justifies murdering elected MPs?

Edit - my point is that no motive (especially political, ideological or religious) justifies the murder of anyone.

Do you have a problem with that?

You said this so people are perfectly entitled to offer examples where they think this doesn't apply. You can't claim whataboutery because you've made an extremely broad point.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not at all, just responding to your statement that "no motive (especially political, ideological or religious) justifies the murder of anyone."  Soleimani was a politician and military commander on a diplomatic mission. If you think he was justifiably murdered while peacefully going about his business because you disapprove of Iran politically, that's fair enough, but it contradicts what you said before. I can't conceive of any excuse for murdering Jo Cox or David Amess, and hope the people who encouraged their murderers to think it was the right thing to do are also tracked down and punished.

56 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Unlike you, I'm saying that all MPs who were murdered by terrorists should be treated equally.

It's you who is the hypocrite with double standards.

I've not said or implied anything of the sort. What an utterly bizarre post from a strange little man who has worked himself into a froth over some imaginary slight against the memory of a couple of dead MPs.

Even more so when you consider that Neave and Gow have memorial shields in Westminster similar to Jo Cox.

Screenshot_20211015-210616_Twitter.jpg.08aa7652e4afd1968ee2489b71189a99.jpg

Screenshot_20211015-210650_Twitter.thumb.jpg.969313e5f47a68407e87e3cfd684a3dc.jpg

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

How convenient. Do you live on the same street as Dawson Park Boy?

My next door neighbour is a Christian woman from Tehran.

The Iranian Government flogs alcohol drinkers, imprisons Christians, tortures dissidents and  and hangs gay men.

Do you have a problem with that? I do.

The Iranian Government flogs alcohol drinkers, imprisons Christians, tortures dissidents and  and hangs gay men.
What a fucking state to get yourself into [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Your team are 5-0 up against Accies.

Aren't you watching?

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The problem you have now is that somebody could come up with all the evil things that David Amess voted for in an attempt to justify his killing. It's a dangerous path to go down.

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm sure there's lots of Iraqi's and Afghans would be saying the same about many a UK Government and their evil henchmen.

It's all a matter of perspective, which you seem incapable of grasping.

A lot more Afghans, especially young women, are more worried about what the new Taliban government will do to them.

Women are no longer being allowed to study in Afghan secondary schools and universities. The Taliban is bringing back executions (including stoning women) and, amputations.

You must consider the Taliban to be less evil than the "UK Governments and their evil henchmen". The tens of thousands of Afghan refugees who have come to Britain over the last 20 years would disagree.

It's all a matter of representative democracy and basic human rights.

51 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Your idiotic argument could be used by any mad terrorist to justify mass murder.

I think the point he is trying to make is that Britain and its armed forces are responsible for the death of thousands in places such as the North of Ireland, the middle east and many other places, you can estimate the ratio of deaths perpetrated by Britain and it's military anything between 50/1 to 200/1 I recall reading recently... those on the receiving end view retaliation killings and strikes the same way as the soldiers and politicians view  deaths they are responsible for... 'Casualties of War' I believe is the term but you seem only willing to condemn one set of perpetrators.

To me and many others it's simply people killing people, neither has no right to claim a moral high ground whether they are wearing a soldiers uniform or part of a guerrilla army.