David Amess MP murdered

ICTChris

Indeed, from a quick look at his wikipedia page he was strongly anti abortion, pro fox hunting and made comments defending Harvey Weinstein (?!?) but he's a 69 year old man violently stabbed to death at work.

It's horrendous, and each one of these is an attack on our democracy itself. 

I'm reminded of the words of the Norwegian PM after the Andres Brevik attack - "Our response is more democracy, more openness, and more humanity."

1 minute ago, Satoshi said:

Indeed, from a quick look at his wikipedia page he was strongly anti abortion, pro fox hunting and made comments defending Harvey Weinstein (?!?) but he's a 69 year old man violently stabbed to death at work.

It's horrendous, and each one of these is an attack on our democracy itself. 

I'm reminded of the words of the Norwegian PM after the Andres Brevik attack - "Our response is more democracy, more openness, and more humanity."

He was against fox hungting.

Regardless of political affiliation, some of the comments on here are poor. At the end of the day as someone else has pointed out, this is someone who went to their work this morning and sadly won't return. As much as I find his political party abhorrent I wouldn't wish it on anyone. All attacks like this do are erode our already very loose connection to those who govern. If MPs no longer feel safe or end up "vetting" entrants to their surgeries or public engagements, we will be even further away from being able to hold them accountable.

Cowdenbeath Tory councillor Darren Watt trying to blame Nicola Sturgeon, Angela Rayner, John McDonnell and Jeremy Corbyn for the attack on Amess.

https://twitter.com/CllrDarrenWatt/status/1449010154779860994?t=8xpg7r64vYucdUOrNqs2BQ&s=19

The c**t has no shame.

He's withdrawn the original tweet but forgotten the ones after - an utter moron and completely disrespectful.