Alloa vs Peterhead

Alloa looking to move on from an up and down league cup campaign  first quarter. I'm quite pleased that this isn't the 3 hour journey to Peterhead this week after they demolished Dumbarton last time out. Although, I'm fairly certain we'll offer more than when we met last on the opening day.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/event/alloa-athletic-v-peterhead/

We never quite know what to expect from our side but at our best and given a fair crack of the whip from officials  think we can give any team in the division a game of it. We had a run of shooting ourselves in the foot with silly mistakes but had a run of dubious decisions that went against us. Tomorrow would be a fine time to start moving up the league will see how it works out on the day 

Just now, doulikefish said:

Is there not an online ticket Portal? 

Was pay at the gate only 2 weeks ago when we were there. 

No Sena for Alloa tomorrow. Was really impressed with Scott Brown when we played you at Balmoor recently. Such a key player and perhaps the best CM in the league.

Interested to see how this one goes tomorrow.

That was absolutely awful today and Ferguson should walk.

Realise it is early in the season but his continual terrible decisions and persisting with the players he signed has been a disaster with the exception probably being Boyd and the three loan signings. 

He is absolutely clueless, took Cawley, Henderson and Taggart off but left rubbish like Mendy, Church and King on.

The sending off was probably a bit harsh due to the original yellow but it was Hutton's own mistake that led to Peterhead getting the chance, he has been a poor signing. 

Both Andy Graham and Howie are better central defenders than Mendy and personally I think Durnan is poor as well, might do better with another partner. 

The goalkeeping situation has come back to bite us. Felt sorry for the young keeper today but either Parry or McDowall would have been a better bet if they hadn't been chased out of the club, not convinced Hutton is better than either. 

Edited by Magic Hat

That was absolutely awful today and Ferguson should walk.
Realise it is early in the season but his continual terrible decisions and persisting with the players he signed has been a disaster with the exception probably being Boyd and the three loan signings. 
He is absolutely clueless, took Cawley, Henderson and Taggart off but left rubbish like Mendy, Church and King on.
The sending off was probably a bit harsh due to the original yellow but it was Hutton's own mistake that led to Peterhead getting the chance, he has been a poor signing. 
Both Andy Graham and Howie are better central defenders than Mendy and personally I think Durnan is poor as well, might do better with another partner. 
The goalkeeping situation has come back to bite us. Felt sorry for the young keeper today but either Parry or McDowall would have been a better bet if they hadn't been chased out of the club, not convinced Hutton is better than either. 

Fairly accurate account of the situation today. Hutton very poor at first goal as well although Durnan let the guy wander away from him.

Probably hopefully the young keeper can develop quickly and make the number 1 shirt his own as Hutton is very poor.

34 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

With refereeing decisions like this roday, l wouldn't doubt you.

I don’t understand this at all. Hutton deservedly got booked for being needlessly aggressive towards the Peterhead player, then continued mouthing off to the referee. Immediately after that, it looked like he was still having a go at the player, so was already asking for trouble. Then shortly afterwards, he’s brought the boy down to concede a penalty, leaving the referee with no option but to send him off. Hutton’s only got himself to blame for that.

This team has clearly got discipline issues, which need to be addressed ASAP. But when we’ve got a manager who also seems to have anger management issues, I’m not sure what the solution is.

Thought Niah Payne was superb for us today lead the line really well.

Alloa better team first 20 or so mins then we looked the better team.Sending off obviously changed the game then it was a matter of time before we broke Alloa down in the 2nd half 

43 minutes ago, Piemaster47 said:

I don’t understand this at all. Hutton deservedly got booked for being needlessly aggressive towards the Peterhead player, then continued mouthing off to the referee. Immediately after that, it looked like he was still having a go at the player, so was already asking for trouble. Then shortly afterwards, he’s brought the boy down to concede a penalty, leaving the referee with no option but to send him off. Hutton’s only got himself to blame for that.

This team has clearly got discipline issues, which need to be addressed ASAP. But when we’ve got a manager who also seems to have anger management issues, I’m not sure what the solution is.

Totally agree. Starts from the top down and if you cannae handle"feedback" fae fans, how do you control your dressing room!

PS. Hutton is an absolute 🔔end. From what I've seen thinks he is a bit of a ticket, dae ye aye! He'll not be jettisoned though, BF brought him in. Don't want to lose face now do we?

10 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Totally agree. Starts from the top down and if you cannae handle"feedback" fae fans, how do you control your dressing room!

PS. Hutton is an absolute 🔔end. From what I've seen thinks he is a bit of a ticket, dae ye aye! He'll not be jettisoned though, BF brought him in. Don't want to lose face now do we?

Absolutely. It’s pretty telling that, while Ferguson keeps saying “no-one should expect to be playing each week”, this mostly seems to apply to the non-Ferguson signings. 

Absolutely. It’s pretty telling that, while Ferguson keeps saying “no-one should expect to be playing each week”, this mostly seems to apply to the non-Ferguson signings. 

Today when we were down to 10 today we needed players who would fight for every ball and look to carry a goal threat, Kevin Cawley is one of these guys and has proven this over numerous seasons.

Some of the players left on the park today have struggled to put in two consistent performance since joining.

Don’t know what Robertson has done either another player who would be on team sheet not getting a sniff.