Irvine Vics vs Pollok rammy. You decide.

Defo Irvine in the wrong imo , few meaty tackles from either side , last incident , pollock boy wins ball hard but fair then Irvine boy kicks out when balls away , also the Irvine ( unsure if manager or commitee with the red boots , punches pollock number 2 for Abso nothing , total shite bag move considering the boy isn’t even looking . 

3 hours ago, Thesoccerguy said:

Defo Irvine in the wrong imo , few meaty tackles from either side , last incident , pollock boy wins ball hard but fair then Irvine boy kicks out when balls away , also the Irvine ( unsure if manager or commitee with the red boots , punches pollock number 2 for Abso nothing , total shite bag move considering the boy isn’t even looking . 

Very harsh on pollock tbh , if it wasn’t for red boots nothing much would have happened 

While it’s clearly a disgraceful way to behave it’s not really that bad an incident for the ref abandoned the game. By the time he’s walked to the far end it had all calmed down. No excuses for the behaviour of those involved but the referees approach to it is questionable I think.

2 hours ago, killiemilan said:

Why did the ref just walk off the park?Thought ref should always be last person off the pitch? 

When the referee is there himself,no assistants,he was quite right to walk off the park,in case he was assaulted,by these loonies 

There was a similar situation in the St Rochs v Kilwinning Rangers Scottish cup tie a few years back where a mass rammy ensued in the last 5 minutes - on that occasion the match was halted for about 15 minutes and the referee eventually restarted it after giving the remaining players a coaches a talking to in the centre circle. But he had assistants and I don't think there was anything like the blatant punching we saw on this occasion from the Irvine Vics coach.

If the SJFA have decided that both clubs should be ejected from the competition them I would say the referee did the correct thing by walking off when he did.

Might be in the minority but I don’t think it is the refs fault, you can see in the lead up body language wise he was getting fed up of the stupid tackles and carry on imo. When it ended in a massive rammy he was right to abandon the match.

I can’t attribute fault one way or the other in it, both escalated things… thankfully none of them could throw a punch properly otherwise someone could have been seriously hurt. Still loving the dog just chilling in the middle.

all in I think they have made the right decision in removing both from the cup. These things happen however and sure a few will learn from it all.