2022/2023 Uefa Nations League

MeadowArab

Got booked up for Dublin this morning.
If we get 3300 odds what does that look like in terms of points?

I’m sure I saw elsewhere that 13+ points should guarantee you a ticket.

That’s assuming every member takes a ticket. Shouldn’t be an issue getting a home end ticket either.

On 17/12/2021 at 09:36, accies1874 said:

Good that it's two home then two away for the quadruple header. It means that you don't need to dot back and forth.

Totally agree. As far as travel goes we have done very well when you only take into consideration the 10 day quadruple header in June. Ukraine have done quite well in terms of playing Ireland and Scotland back to back, but Armenia have a mammoth trek ahead of them in terms of travelling which you would think would be quite a disadvantage.

• 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿      Scotland - Ireland - Armenia.
  • 🇺🇦      Ukraine - Ireland - Scotland - Ukraine.
  • 🇮🇪     Ireland - Armenia - Ireland - Ukraine.
  • 🇦🇲     Armenia - Scotland - Armenia - Ukraine - Armenia.

Edit: It would seem it's just our good fortune or we have been favoured by UEFA, not a case of smart decision making from the SFA if you take into account what Stephen Kenny has said. Ireland are right to be angry as it's obviously unfair. 

I think it is only ourselves and Armenia that have those double trips. UEFA seem to be favoring the top seeds in relation to Ukraine playing Scotland and Ireland in the one trip and Scotland have two home games to start.

Stephen Kenny

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stephen-kenny-rues-scotland-fixtures-25731201

Edited by 2426255

A Moldovan airline https://flyone.eu/en/ runs a flew flights to Yerevan, don't think the whole summer timetable is up yet though. Some direct flights from CDG, and flights from Dublin, Luton  and Frankfurt via Moldova. Probably only worth looking at for coming back, can't see any flights that would get you from Dublin to Yerevan on time. If you can find a connection to Vilnius in Lithuania,  Wizz Air to Yerevan from there looks doable.

A Moldovan airline https://flyone.eu/en/ runs a flew flights to Yerevan, don't think the whole summer timetable is up yet though. Some direct flights from CDG, and flights from Dublin, Luton  and Frankfurt via Moldova. Probably only worth looking at for coming back, can't see any flights that would get you from Dublin to Yerevan on time. If you can find a connection to Vilnius in Lithuania,  Wizz Air to Yerevan from there looks doable.
Booked up last night for Yerevan, Leaving Dublin on the Sunday and going via Warsaw and Tblisi.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Booked up last night for Yerevan, Leaving Dublin on the Sunday and going via Warsaw and Tblisi.

Sounds good, I saved a fortune compared to others by going to Georgia away from Aberdeen via Warsaw, and back via Gdansk I think.

Hi lads, Irish fan here. Hungover and bored on a Saturday morning and they're shutting the pubs again so decided I'd come on here and give yous a shout.

We're optimistic about these NL games. From the outside looking in, our results are shite, we did lose to Luxembourg, and we've had a tough two years. But we are starting to get there. 

Our new manager youll know from Dunfermline, Stephen Kenny, got the job off turning Dundalk from nobodies into the most dominant team Ireland has seen in a long time, and then did a great job with the U21. The reason our results were so shit is he has tried to revolutionise us somewhat, and nice us away from the physical team of bruisers you played in 2014 towards a progressive, technical style. And recently it's starting to work. We should have had 6 points v Portugal but for some bad refereeing decisions (perfectly good goal ruled out in the Aviva) and have played very well our last few games, we look technically sharp and we press effectively.

A lot of the changes have been attributed to the work of Chelsea coach Anthony Barry and we seem to model ourselves on tuchels Chelsea recently, which is working.

We're excited about the young players coming through but we don't know how fast they'll develop, so how good we'll be come the summer is an unknown to us, but we have a lot of potential. Scotland obviously have a great set of players the past couple of years and it will be a tough game but not the Championship style derby that we've come to expect given how we both play now. 

All the best and see you in summer!

Hi lads, Irish fan here. Hungover and bored on a Saturday morning and they're shutting the pubs again so decided I'd come on here and give yous a shout.

We're optimistic about these NL games. From the outside looking in, our results are shite, we did lose to Luxembourg, and we've had a tough two years. But we are starting to get there. 

Our new manager youll know from Dunfermline, Stephen Kenny,

A period of my life I've tried to forget!

2 hours ago, FrankyFourFingers said:

We've been there. You could say that being ridden absolutely raw by Kazakhstan should be more embarrassing than a very poor performance against a competent Luxembourg. That Rodrigues lad has looked quite impressive on the couple of times I've watched them recently.

Anyway, best of luck in qualifying, just not in the Nations League, obviously  :D

Credit card took a pounding this morning. 
Hannover=>Glasgow via Amsterdam

Glasgow=> Dublin on the Friday

Dublin=> Yerevan via Warsaw on the Sunday

Back to Hannover via Vienna on Saturday.

Some weird and wonderful departure/arrival times, but who cares. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve booked flights for Armenia, not fancying any of the other 2 trips in honesty.

Route is Edinburgh-> Copenhagen -> Riga -> Tblisi, believe it should be then cheap to either fly from Tblisi into Yerevan or get a train alternatively.

Not booked a flight home yet but I’ll work that one out.

Anyone any experience of Riga airport? Only have an hour and 10 minutes between arriving at the airport and needing to get my next flight.

Excited for it, a part of the world I probably wouldn’t have visited otherwise and it’ll be nice to get to see it, the weather, as much as it may not help the team it makes for a pleasurable experience when we are there.

I’ve booked flights for Armenia, not fancying any of the other 2 trips in honesty.
Route is Edinburgh-> Copenhagen -> Riga -> Tblisi, believe it should be then cheap to either fly from Tblisi into Yerevan or get a train alternatively.
Not booked a flight home yet but I’ll work that one out.
Anyone any experience of Riga airport? Only have an hour and 10 minutes between arriving at the airport and needing to get my next flight.
Excited for it, a part of the world I probably wouldn’t have visited otherwise and it’ll be nice to get to see it, the weather, as much as it may not help the team it makes for a pleasurable experience when we are there.
We've transferred in Riga a couple of times, should be straight forward with that time frame. We had a similar transfer time last year when we went to Vienna.

• 3 months later...
On 18/12/2021 at 11:37, FrankyFourFingers said:

Our new manager youll know from Dunfermline, Stephen Kenny, got the job off turning Dundalk from nobodies into the most dominant team Ireland has seen in a long time, and then did a great job with the U21. The reason our results were so shit is he has tried to revolutionise us somewhat, and nice us away from the physical team of bruisers you played in 2014 towards a progressive, technical style. And recently it's starting to work. We should have had 6 points v Portugal but for some bad refereeing decisions (perfectly good goal ruled out in the Aviva) and have played very well our last few games, we look technically sharp and we press effectively.

A lot of the changes have been attributed to the work of Chelsea coach Anthony Barry and we seem to model ourselves on tuchels Chelsea recently, which is working.

We're excited about the young players coming through but we don't know how fast they'll develop, so how good we'll be come the summer is an unknown to us, but we have a lot of potential. Scotland obviously have a great set of players the past couple of years and it will be a tough game but not the Championship style derby that we've come to expect given how we both play now. 

All the best and see you in summer!

I’m booked for Dublin. Most Scotland fans I’ve seen so far have tanned Ticketmaster during the week and have tickets that were on public sale (I’d say the home tickets but are they if they go public sale like they did?).

Last time I went to this fixture at Celtic Park, the atmosphere between the fans was great. Loads mixing in different ends and no bother (minus one poor lad who fell down the stairs from the top tier). Hope for much of the same this time.  

The football has always been a great excuse for a good day out. Never been to Dublin before so looking forward to seeing one of the great cities in Europe.