2022/2023 Uefa Nations League

MeadowArab

Wales got 3300. Can't remember if we were similar but sounds about right.
I seem to remember us getting a slightly smaller allocation because we only gave them around 3000 at Celtic Park. I could be completely misremembering though.

9 hours ago, Dave and Anna Snow said:

There's no point in introducing General dissaray in a settled squad.  

From the players listed Calvin Ramsey is the nailed on one to win caps a plenty. 

Players should be getting picked on form though and on ability the players I mentioned are on better form and ability than a lot of players in the squad,and most certainly are better than some of the guys that are jobbers drafted in from SPL clubs 

To cope better in the big group we need a bigger stronger pool of players that he can call apon,the club mentality ethos only gets us so far

Games decided on the pitch and not off it and having better players to bring on to infullence the game long term will only stand us in good stead

I really don't expect him to be experimenting with the squad in these games though but just putting food for thought that we got good players some playing in Seria A not getting a look in

I would love to see us win this and then win our group,but I know both tasks are going to be a hard ask

I believe after the last couple of games and system tweak that we look a stronger proposition 

It's just with the nations league,we can't pick a friendly game out the bag and get a look at players anymore so it kind of jeopardised the chance that he gives players on the fringes or uncapped players another go

Lots of players chapping at the door say like Tony Watt who he might not be sure about,just as a example that would probably get thrown into a friendly if we could have one which we can't cos the clubs won't let us at this time of year

29 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Players should be getting picked on form though and on ability the players I mentioned are on better form and ability than a lot of players in the squad,and most certainly are better than some of the guys that are jobbers drafted in from SPL clubs 

To cope better in the big group we need a bigger stronger pool of players that he can call apon,the club mentality ethos only gets us so far

Games decided on the pitch and not off it and having better players to bring on to infullence the game long term will only stand us in good stead

I really don't expect him to be experimenting with the squad in these games though but just putting food for thought that we got good players some playing in Seria A not getting a look in

There will never be huge demand or reason to change things when we're playing well and winning.

Hickey is an obvious one, and playing every week in Italy will ensure his inclusion.  

We'll also need a squad of up to 30 players for a quadruple header.  I reckon the players will absolutely love it.  Has an international competition feel to it.

Players like Hickey, Ramsey etc. will be far more likely to be given a chance at making a bigger squad, and getting some game time when inevitable injuries and rotations occur, as well as when (we hope) that we're comfortably beating someone.

Another six months probably strengthens their hands further, whilst the 'squad' players (Fleck etc.) may drop off the radar completely.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

1 minute ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

There will never be huge demand or reason to change things when we're playing well and winning.

Hickey is an obvious one, and playing every week in Italy will ensure his inclusion.  

We'll also need a squad of up to 30 players for a quadruple header.  I reckon the players will absolutely love it.  Has an international competition feel to it.

Players like Hickey, Ramsey etc. will be far more likely to be given a chance at making a bigger squad, and getting some game time when inevitable injuries and rotations occur, as well as when (we hope) that we're comfortably beating someone.

Henderson plays every week for Empoli in Seria A and is miles better than Ferguson surely that ones pretty obvious as well?

And there are players up and down the country including Jamie Paterson as I mentioned that have more goals than Nisbet including Watt 

Most of the guys that I mentioned including Dembele are all getting chased by big teams its not just Rangers and Celtic that want him there are teams in EPL like Brentford who want him

If Nisbet was all that teams above the championship would want him the biggest team that want him is Birmingham City and that says it all

Saturday 4th June - Armenia (h)
Tuesday 7th June - Ukraine (h)
Saturday 11th June - Ireland (a)
Tuesday 14th June - Armenia (a)
Friday 23rd September - Ireland (h)
Monday 26th September - Ukraine (a)
Ireland and Armenia booked up and I'll sort Ukraine nearer the time once they announce the venue as if it's Lviv it might be easier to go to Poland and travel from there.
What route have you got for Armenia? We're booked one way to Dublin, looking at getting to Armenia from there.

44 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:
Saturday 4th June - Armenia (h)
Tuesday 7th June - Ukraine (h)
Saturday 11th June - Ireland (a)
Tuesday 14th June - Armenia (a)
Friday 23rd September - Ireland (h)
Monday 26th September - Ukraine (a)
Ireland and Armenia booked up and I'll sort Ukraine nearer the time once they announce the venue as if it's Lviv it might be easier to go to Poland and travel from there.

What route have you got for Armenia? We're booked one way to Dublin, looking at getting to Armenia from there.

Booked Dublin-Yerevan via Kyiv. Kyiv flight is Ryanair then the flight from there is some Ukranian airline SkyUp.

ETA - Flight to Yerevan is 23.55 at night so not ideal but was the best I could find at short notice before prices shot up.

Edited by Pie Of The Month