2022/2023 Uefa Nations League

MeadowArab

1 minute ago, QwaarJet said:

Us : Will take that

Wales : Lucky to get a point

England : Hope they enjoy the Hungary games.

I hate racists more than I hate England so if the Hungary fans start their shite again I'd happily see Sterling, Rashford, Sancho et al body them for 6 or 7.

Just seen the draw, not the worst by any means. We'll have a better idea of Ukraine once we play them in the playoffs while the Republic look a side in transition. Armenia is an interesting one, they've improved a lot over the recent years and we'll just have to see if they've reached high tide or they will continue to improve.

Not going to lie, had a chuckle at the English draw, if only because they tend to get easy draws and complain there is no competition.

Netherlands with Wales, Belgium and Poland. Wales is a good one for me to go to. I'm now hoping Poland v Netherlands and Ukraine v Scotland are within a few days of each other. Would be the perfect double header. 

32 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

That's not bad at all. We've got the poorest team by far in pot 3 and avoided the best team in pot 4. Ideally we'd have got Iceland in pot 1 but we've avoided a nightmare draw.

I agree.

It is a very winnable group. A nice wee Dublin trip in the mix too. What is there not to like? 😃

Edited by qos_75

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

When do we find out the fixtures?

From the BBC live ticker...

17:55

When are the games?

Four of the six matchdays will take place in June due to the winter scheduling of the World Cup, with the others in September.

The four group winners in League A will then advance to the knockout final in June 2023 and the group winners in the other three leagues will all be promoted for the 2024-25 edition.

The teams finishing fourth in the groups in Leagues A and B will be relegated, with those who finish bottom in the League C groups entering play-offs in March 2024.

The two teams defeated in those ties will be relegated to League D.

I reckon England's group isn't that hard. Germany were awful at the Euros and I have a feeling Italy peaked. 

Ach I've got Hungarian pals, so would feel mixed emotions at them getting ridden by all and sundry in that group 

Happy with ours. As others have said it might be a good opportunity to bring in some younger lads like Hickey and Ramsey/Ashby.

11 minutes ago, velo army said:

Ach I've got Hungarian pals, so would feel mixed emotions at them getting ridden by all and sundry in that group

I used to visit Hungary regularly, I really like the place. The politics though, are fucking shocking and have only got worse the longer Orban is in power.

It can't be understated just how jammy Turkey have been, but Bulgaria have also been drawn into a stoater, even if Macedonia can maintain their recent good form.

Ukraine, Armenia, and Eire fit nicely into the sweet spot of countries we haven't played a lot recently, and teams we should be capable of putting on a show against. Also nice that there'll be a good block of matches during the summer to cover for the World Cup's absence. Lots to look forward to.