East Fife vs Cove

Absolutely brilliant today. Mercer, a player I liked first time round was unplayable a times. What a difference having options up front. Wallace played like he'd never been away & lasted the whole 90. Great 1st goal from Connel. Jude Smith made some important blocks also. We didn't need kevin smith, so deservedly gave him a well earned rest. 

Manager always said wait until everyone is fit. 

No miller or dunsmore named. 

Without that victory we would've been marooned. Yes still adrift, but at least we seem to be moving in the right direction. 

Also, does anyone know why mixu paatelainen was there today? Is he involved with Cove, or perhaps a players rep? Maybe our new forward? Future manager? Hope not when someone's still in place. 

8 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Absolutely brilliant today. Mercer, a player I liked first time round was unplayable a times. What a difference having options up front. Wallace played like he'd never been away & lasted the whole 90. Great 1st goal from Connel. Jude Smith made some important blocks also. We didn't need kevin smith, so deservedly gave him a well earned rest. 

Manager always said wait until everyone is fit. 

No miller or dunsmore named. 

Without that victory we would've been marooned. Yes still adrift, but at least we seem to be moving in the right direction. 

Also, does anyone know why mixu paatelainen was there today? Is he involved with Cove, or perhaps a players rep? Maybe our new forward? Future manager? Hope not when someone's still in place. 

Don’t want to be pedantic but Wallace was substituted late on and Steele got the first one

Sorry, when I said 1st, I meant His' first, I have also missed out the 2nd 'L' in his surname, I have however managed to fight predictive text to spell 'Paatelainen' correctly. Was that who Brown came on for? So much to take in today, your user name should have a question mark, not that I'm pedantic! 😉

3 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Sorry, when I said 1st, I meant His' first, I have also missed out the 2nd 'L' in his surname, I have however managed to fight predictive text to spell 'Paatelainen' correctly. Was that who Brown came on for? So much to take in today, your user name should have a question mark, not that I'm pedantic! 😉

Doesn’t need a question mark if my name is really Billy Who.

8 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Also “His’ doesn’t need either a capital letter or an apostrophe! How’s that for pedanticity. Anyway let’s talk about the game . What a lot of big performances from Steele, Wallace, Mercer and Connell with the rest not very far behind. This performance gives a lot of hope for going forward so let’s get a run going.

Didn’t see that result coming, having Wallace back is absolutely massive for us and going forward a strike pairing of Wallace and Connell will score goals but we need to start to keep them out at the other end.

Hopefully today isn’t a one off and it’s maybe some green shoots of recovery but was a well needed result and gives everyone a bit of a lift.

11 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

What a result for the Fife.

Maybe no bottom of the league for long, Clyde set to knock you off the spot?

An excellant performance all through the team yesterday. Not wanting to get too carried away though, we're only up at you guys next week!