East Fife vs Cove

Saturday sees Cove make the journey down to new bayview in search of 3 points and the possibility to go top of the league.

Cove have scored 7 in their last 2 games, with Rory in a rich vein of form, scoring 11 in 11 games including the SPFL Trust Trophy. Mitch scored his first in 6 games last Saturday.

Ola Adeyemo is expected to start having impressed from the bench in the last 30 minutes against Albion Rovers. Ola, who played right wing, looked quick, powerful and had end product. Something I wasn't expecting given the reviews of the EF fans. Still need to see him a bit more and against better opposition before I make a judgement on him.

Fifers will be looking for maximum points to gain confidence and so they don't get stranded too early at the bottom. Darren Young's days numbered? What are the consensus on how many games he he got left?

Will be my first time at New Bayview. Looking forward to it.

Lately Cove's central midfield has been pedestrian and too deep. I except Hartley to persist with Vigurs who frustrates me, and play Finn Robertson alongside him but personally I have Scully and Yule in CM. Potentially could be Vigurs and Yule. Hopefully Ola and Masson (returning from long term injury) will give more attacking threat.

Stat: Cove are on a run of 8 games without a goal in the first half. 

Expected lineup

Bench: Fyvie, Scully, Strachan, Leighton, Leitch, Gourlay

Screenshot_20211013-201747.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

We got absolutely tanked in the reverse fixture earlier this season. Hopefully we've learnt from that game and can take something from today. But I reckon the only way we can do that is if Cove get overly confident and/or complacent.

Ryan Wallace is back in the squad after a break which is fantastic news for us. I just hope he's kept himself reasonably fit and sharp. Will give us some much needed creativity/quality in the final 3rd. 

Still think Cove will be too strong for us. 3-1 Cove. 

5 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We are all clearly excited for this. If we concede less than 3 then that’s a positive.

Anyone who was at our last 2 league games, (Clyde & Falkirk) would see its not our defence or midfield that are our biggest issues, but our lack of options up front. Semple looks decent, but we overly rely on Smith & as good a player as he is, he can't last more than 45 mins. When we are chasing a game, all we've had to freshen up front is Osei-Bonsu, who doesn't look good enough & Brown who most definatly isn't.

We now need points, not just plaudits though. Hopefully Wallace's return will help, but I go in hope rather than expectation 1-1.

HT
East Fife 3-0 Cove Rangers
Playing well, very tight at the back but midfield still seems quite static, think Wallace has made a huge difference to us, somebody with a bit smarts, drawing fouls and keeping the ball, more of the same in the second half please!!!
Could have been a lot worse for Cove we’ve had two disallowed for marginal offsides!!!

FT
East Fife 4-2 Cove Rangers
A far more comfortable win than the score line suggests perhaps, we defended well in the second half after the shock of their early first, I thought we coped well with what they threw at us and that they were quite fortunate with their second, a few weeks ago we would have feared the inevitable collapse of backline and arseholes and would expected Cove to at least get the draw, but not today!!!
The solicitor’s firm of Higgins, Higgins and Steele were excellent and presented a watertight case, Mercer looked like the Mercer of old and Wallace was the catalyst that enabled victory, with his self imposed exile we have had no connection between our midfield and our attack this season and he slotted right back into that role today as if he’d never been away!!!
If and it’s a big if, we can get something away to Montrose next week we just might go on one of those runs that we tend to go on at this time of year!!!

45 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

FT
East Fife 4-2 Cove Rangers
A far more comfortable win than the score line suggests perhaps, we defended well in the second half after the shock of their early first, I thought we coped well with what they threw at us and that they were quite fortunate with their second, a few weeks ago we would have feared the inevitable collapse of backline and arseholes and would expected Cove to at least get the draw, but not today!!!
The solicitor’s firm of Higgins, Higgins and Steele were excellent and presented a watertight case, Mercer looked like the Mercer of old and Wallace was the catalyst that enabled victory, with his self imposed exile we have had no connection between our midfield and our attack this season and he slotted right back into that role today as if he’d never been away!!!
If and it’s a big if, we can get something away to Montrose next week we just might go on one of those runs that we tend to go on at this time of year!!!

👏👏👏- Genuinely never saw that coming. Please, please , lets go on one of our winning runs….

Well that was a lot more comfortable than any East Fife fan would have believed. Got the impression Cove thought they just had to turn up for a victory and their players looked she’ll shocked after we scored the 3rd goal. What a difference having a goal threat and Wallace and Connoll struck up a good partnership. Some excellent finishes for our goals. Pleased for the players as they have given it their all the last few weeks without getting on the end of a positive result. Just typical league one football any team can beat any team if you don’t turn up on the day. We’re still 4 points adrift but hopefully that will bring some much needed confidence. Nice to enjoy the winning feeling on a Saturday night.