TALBOT V DARVEL

Personally I wasn't too disappointed in the defeat last night as its been coming. We've had a great start to the season, actually better than I expected and no disrespect to the young boys but any team would miss Pope and Lyle at the back. I do feel as if somethings not quite clicking at the moment but that will come.
On to last night's game, I thought Darvel played well and just about deserved their win. They defended well, got the break of the ball and done what they needed to do. Referee didn't do much wrong either. The usual strange decisions but none that would have changed the game.
On another note. 'God's little acre' looked amazing under the floodlights.

1 hour ago, Bul2 said:

However, it is funny to see the “diehards” or as I call them , the “real fans” having a pop at Killiepyo for his “only team I have ever supported “ views , when a lot of the same ‘diehards’ leapt to his defence previously when myself , and a few others , have questioned his allegiance

Oh yes three rangers fans having a pop at someone about allegiances,  great stuff. 

Does anyone have Darvel team from last night including subs?

As for the game itself, as others have said I’m not too disappointed. Not happy - just not too disappointed.

Our form’s been a wee bit patchy this season and unbeaten run had to end sometime.

Won’t do us any harm having a run of cup games away from the league.

Disappointed for the unbeaten run to end it had to sometime, just disappointed it wasn’t against a team further down the league.  I would have grabbed your hand off at the start of the season to be where we are now.  I’m not sure how you can manage the expectations of some after one defeat, but need to keep everything in perspective that we are the team that everyone else is chasing down.

1 hour ago, murphy1970 said:

As for the game itself, as others have said I’m not too disappointed. Not happy - just not too disappointed.

Our form’s been a wee bit patchy this season and unbeaten run had to end sometime.

Check SM media twitter or facebook page.  Was listed before game

2 hours ago, murphy1970 said:

image.png.8ca674c570a68ad0334c0abb8dc67c82.png

10 hours ago, BC63 said:

Personally I wasn't too disappointed in the defeat last night as its been coming. We've had a great start to the season, actually better than I expected and no disrespect to the young boys but any team would miss Pope and Lyle at the back. I do feel as if somethings not quite clicking at the moment but that will come.
On to last night's game, I thought Darvel played well and just about deserved their win. They defended well, got the break of the ball and done what they needed to do. Referee didn't do much wrong either. The usual strange decisions but none that would have changed the game.
On another note. 'God's little acre' looked amazing under the floodlights.

That where there should be replacements in place. Us fans pay the players wages they will be on decent money at this level we have  every right to be annoyed if boys ain’t trying a pun 

Edited by Botlad67

That where there should be replacements in place. Us fans pay the players wages they will be on decent money at this level we have  every right to be annoyed if boys ain’t trying a pun 
Who's no trying a pun?

Are you for real,1st defeat of the season and tbh it had to happen sometime and are you now saying some players were'nt trying.

Now I might be shot down by the pyramideers, but if Talbot or Darvel go up to the LL could they honestly believe that they could attract a Wednesday night crowd like that. Amazing turnout.
It was a good turnout - not entirely sure who you are referring to here though?

Now I might be shot down by the pyramideers, but if Talbot or Darvel go up to the LL could they honestly believe that they could attract a Wednesday night crowd like that. Amazing turnout.
Difficult to say, the local rivalry would be taken away but competitiveness would be the same, top LL sides against Talbot at beechwood I am sure there would be a good crowd from Talbot and some neutrals but maybe not a big away support, although saying that there didn't seem a great deal of Darvel fans last night.

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Not having a go but if the pyramideers never got their way the last night's game would never have existed and all the other floodlights games that has been played would have either. Remember and I'm sure you do a midweek game in the juniors was 6.30 kick off in the sectional cup .

I really cannot imagine a similar interest in watching Talbot v Stirling Uni or Broomhill at anytime far less an evening KO in winter. Having said that after a few years all clubs will find their level and perhaps clubs like Stirling,Broomhill or Caledonian Braves will find themselves further down the pyramid.

Difficult to say, the local rivalry would be taken away but competitiveness would be the same, top LL sides against Talbot at beechwood I am sure there would be a good crowd from Talbot and some neutrals but maybe not a big away support, although saying that there didn't seem a great deal of Darvel fans last night.
I thought there were quite a lot of Darvel fans - I was standing where most of them were situated and they made a good noise when the goals went in. I've seen far worse opposition crowds at Beechwood.