TALBOT V DARVEL

Well deserved win for darvel , Opens up the league a wee bit and talking to Talbot fans the night that’s the way they have been playing for a wee while recently , thought they were poor but give credit to darvel who worked their socks off and second goal was worth the admission money , brilliant move 

Well deserved win for darvel , Opens up the league a wee bit and talking to Talbot fans the night that’s the way they have been playing for a wee while recently , thought they were poor but give credit to darvel who worked their socks off and second goal was worth the admission money , brilliant move 
You say brilliant move I say terrible defending.
Talbot best team second half deserved a draw.
Nothing to do with the result but referee was poor.

11 minutes ago, andy25 said:

You say brilliant move I say terrible defending.
Talbot best team second half deserved a draw.
Nothing to do with the result but referee was poor.

Andy you huffed and puffed , our keeper had one good save which I would expect him to save but that was it ,  I just felt the onslaught I was expecting last 20 never materialised and we looked dangerous once or twice on the break 

I thought ref was very fair and wasn’t influenced at all with the normal shouts for penalties late on and he was correct with every one 

that’s our first win against a top 6 side and  was badly needed and I thought deserved 

Question for you DL
Did Darvel raise their game tonight ?
I have saw this with opposition teams at beechwood many times over the years. I ask this as if they play as well on a weekly basis , why aren’t they neck n neck with talbot n pollok and if they don’t in your opinion why?

Darvel moved the ball well in the first half and their second goal was a good one, especially coming only a minute after Talbot had equalised. That said, the Darvel goalkeeper was probably the busier of the two in the first half. I missed the opening goal as I was just coming throughout the turnstiles.

Talbot dominated the second half without creating much. The Darvel defence was excellent throughout but their midfield completely fell out the game for the first 30 minutes of the second half and it was only in the closing stages that they began to create a few chances and really should have finished it as a contest towards the end.

From a neutral point of view I thought the referee was fine - both sets of fans were shouting for everything as is expected at a football match, but he wasn't swayed by anything.

Wish I was there, last few weeks especially have seen the season out catch up with us in terms of squad development and depth. Still delighted we got this far before the taste of defeat but still an absolute load of ground ahead and you know the loss will be put to good use. Well done Darvel, look forward to the highlights 

2 minutes ago, who ate all the pies said:

Question for you DL
Did Darvel raise their game tonight ?
I have saw this with opposition teams at beechwood many times over the years. I ask this as if they play as well on a weekly basis , why aren’t they neck n neck with talbot n pollok and if they don’t in your opinion why?

Ive no been at the last few games but I’ve seen all the games against the top teams , and there no far away , against buffs game of two halves , Clydebank Controlled the game and hit with 2 sucker punches and could have been 3 up against pollok who admittedly went on to control the game after the first 20 minutes 

the biggest problem IMO is some of the parks ours included , we are a team full of senior players and the bigger the park the better we play as it’s no so easy to close down good players