Motherwell v Celtic

Really flat game today I thought - we didn't deserve anything out of it and other than the first 15 mins, Celtic strolled it really. The team line-up was a surprise and I don' think it really worked at all. 

For the first goal, Slattery didn't get the foul he's been getting every week from every referee and it left us exposed - looked a good finish from where I was. Turnbull's goal was as good as it was inevitable. 

When you think of the penalties we've had against us this season, it's a sore yin to see us getting nothing out of what looked a clear penalty (not seen a replay). 

I think I prefer the 6 bookings a game, kick fucking everything version of us - didn't fancy that today.

The guy is a Motherwell fan.

I boooooed him cos I love the pantomime stuff but then a chorus of "Davie Turnbull, yer a w****r" went up I started to feel a bit for him.

Tbf he did get a wee clap when he went over to take a corner in the first half. Personally did neither, but in my opinion, clapping an ex player (especially when he plays for the OF) is more small-time than booing him.

Yeah I thought Kelly's positioning for the first was dire he basically showed jota were too put it 

It seemed as though Sol had put Jota away from goal quite well, it would’ve had to of been a pretty good effort to score in the far post, just needed Kelly to defend the near post but he chose to take a step left which essentially made it harder to miss than score.

Every away game match thread on here descends into song chat, can’t blame the home supporters but for me it’s Groundhog Day. There’s only about half a dozen or so Celtic fans on here, some are happy with the songs and some, like myself, hate that we sing that stuff. I’ve condemned the songs on multiple occasions but it gets a bit repetitive, hence me ‘looking away’. 
So we.should.stop highlighting the white that goes on in the Celtic support because you have heard it all before?

Your club are shite and you are going to hear it until it changes.

If you want it to stop gave your club do something to stop it. Stop giving the Green Brigade, the instigators, away tickets. Plenty of other celtic fans that want tickets.

But your club keep on embracing them despite the rampant sectarian chanting. Just as bad as rangers embracing 4lhad.

13 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

It seemed as though Sol had put Jota away from goal quite well, it would’ve had to of been a pretty good effort to score in the far post, just needed Kelly to defend the near post but he chose to take a step left which essentially made it harder to miss than score.

Taking the step left and leaving his near post wide open was criminal. Couldn't fathom it at the game, made it an easy slot home for Jota. 

As has been said, poor distribution today too, when he's usually laser accurate. 

On Goss, I'm not sold at all. Game totally passed him by and was wasteful on the ball when he did have it. Couple of horrendous attempts at goal too. Midfield weren't at it at all leaving the front 3 devoid of chances to test a seriously average looking Celtic back line. Both surprised and disappointed at how easily we were brushed aside on the day.

26 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So we.should.stop highlighting the white that goes on in the Celtic support because you have heard it all before?

Thats not what I said, it gets very monotonous when I’m asked to condemn it every 2nd week for over 11 yrs. 

3 hours ago, ropy said:

Am I going to have to eat my words when I see it or was it a foul in the lead up to the first goal? 

50/50 now I have watched it back, I’ve seen them given, in this game, I’ve seen them waved away.

I have seen us ship 7 goals at home to Celtic so today gets filed under business as usual. A team with 10 x our wage bill wins. The only surprise is that some are surprised and that Celtic fans celebrated at the end like they had won the Champions League. Embarrassing to be quite honest. 

It is genuinely like us playing a team whose annual player wage is £10-15k PA. Like playing Forfar Athletic. I would expect us to win pretty much every game against them. Not bitter at all just stating facts. 

I actually felt our efforts were fine. The players tried but were lacking in quality. Not sure I like 4-3-3 every week regardless the opposition. What I will say is we had 3,4 even 5 players attacking and that left us horribly exposed against a fairly decent side.

The 1st goal was a free kick. Kyogo does not win the ball. Free kick all day long. But after that SODs defending is why I am no longer bothered he gets to play RB for Scotland. It was genuinely awful. 

Goss was average at best. O Hara as much as he has been little better would have been a better pick. I actually thought the front 3 were OK. Thought Roberts played well. But our best player was Mugabi. Kudos to him. Even showed some very nice skills to skin a Celtic player but in general defended well. 

Next two games are crucial. Two teams in United and St Mirren that are on a decent run. Losing away to Hearts and home to Celtic not entirely surprising but I think we need 3 or 4 points next two games or suddenly the season goes into reverse big time. 

As for the penalty. No need to even discuss. The sooner VAR gets here the better. Two penalties not given and an obvious offside v Old firm games already and only two games in 😡

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So you are bored by it? If you can't bring yourself to condemn at least shut up about how bored you are by the conversation.

I’ve condemned it on numerous occasions, my point is that after doing it season after season for as long as I’ve been on here it gets boring to read it in every match thread. I also said I understand why the home fans mention it but they only get in it in 4 games a season, max, we get it every other week. Not sure how I'm expected change it. 

Edited by Drew Brees

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Now we’re onto budgets and fans enjoying a victory. Diddy bingo in full swing. 

What an annoying pr1ck. 

The facts are Celtic average salary is £700k and ours is £70k. It is a two horse race every year. 

Same rhetoric your lot come up with after Barcelona or PSG scud you 12-1 on aggregate.