Motherwell v Celtic

16 minutes ago, welldaft said:

What an annoying pr1ck. 

The facts are Celtic average salary is £700k and ours is £70k. It is a two horse race every year. 

Same rhetoric your lot come up with after Barcelona or PSG scud you 12-1 on aggregate. 

You’re doing really well though. 

29 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I have seen us ship 7 goals at home to Celtic so today gets filed under business as usual. A team with 10 x our wage bill wins. The only surprise is that some are surprised and that Celtic fans celebrated at the end like they had won the Champions League. Embarrassing to be quite honest. 

It is genuinely like us playing a team whose annual player wage is £10-15k PA. Like playing Forfar Athletic. I would expect us to win pretty much every game against them. Not bitter at all just stating facts. 

Complaining about the levels of celebrating from fans who have barely been to an away game since March 2020 is a new one for me to be honest 

I can’t help but think if the level of celebration was toned down people would accuse the fans of not being enthusiastic enough.

You might not get excited about seeing your team win games, but I wouldn’t criticise others who do. 

I know you’re saying you are not bitter but it really comes across as sour grapes 

9 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I wasn’t bothered about the exuberance of the Celtic support, but the loud chants about Davie Cooper’s death in the first ten minutes of the game were a tad on the classless side. Disappointing.

Agreed, that chant is awful. 

8 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I wasn’t bothered about the exuberance of the Celtic support, but the loud chants about Davie Cooper’s death in the first ten minutes of the game were a tad on the classless side. Disappointing.

That is a legitimate complaint.

I find that sort of thing extremely distasteful, especially since the guy died over 25 years ago.

I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the people singing that had even been born or old enough to remember him playing 

It comes across as just being nasty for the sake of nastiness 

36 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You might not get excited about seeing your team win games, but I wouldn’t criticise others who do. 

Hello…..you are talking to a Motherwell fan here ! In the all time top flight table Celtic have won almost twice as many games as Motherwell. 

Fair comment re away games and fans reactions post pandemic. 

Never heard the Davie Cooper song thankfully. Rather disappointing if not entirely unexpected sadly 😤

29 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Cause it hit the Motherwell players hand 1st, if it was anything it was a freekick to Celtic. 

Correct. Same bollocks as few weeks ago when Dundee Utd fans were claiming bias despite casually ignoring the clear foul on Starfelt to get the ball before hand. 

Edited by gannonball

8 minutes ago, well_said said:

Would you have said it was a free kick to motherwell if it happened in the other box I sincerely doubt that , now p*** off.

Unless I saw the latter hand ball in real time and not the other then no as it’s a fucking red neck. 

Edited by gannonball

Gap in budgets and hideous fans aside, I think that’s 9 defeats in a row to Celtic now. Can’t remember a worse run of results against them. We even managed the odd win v them when they had Larson etc in the team!

Aside from probably Dundee (naturally) is there a team in the league on a worse run v them?

Edited by Allroy for Prez