Motherwell v Celtic

Meh. 

Celtic looked suspect as f**k at the back but we never really bothered our arse having a go.

Giving Tam Rogic the freedom of Fir Park was a bold Motherwell tactic and unsurprisingly it didn't pay off. Unbelievable strike from Turnbull but we know more than most that he's got that in his locker. 

A little reality check after our decent start. That's two poor performances in a row. Think Alexander needs to pick an XI and stick with it. Goss offered hee-haw today and don't think he's the answer and for all Grimshaw puts a shift in, he's not a footballer. 

Frustrating.
Should have pressed a yard harder and KVV should jave started.
Celtics backline an absolute bombscare when you're them pressing high.
Disappointing game all round tbh with the only real bit of quality being Turnbull inevitability pinging one in the top corner.
I'll leave the ref chat as its a formality.

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Might want to look again.

larry nance jr. basketball GIF by NBPA

Your bravado was amusing though, now you’re just mid table pish again

aw naw, how will I ever show my face around these here parts again?

Not great. Badly outnumbered in the middle of the park. Goss was the wrong pick for this sort of game. For all the ball they had Celtic offered little, superb strike by Turnbull though. Our front three were feeding off scraps, disappointed they didn't put a shaky looking Celtic defence under more pressure.

Penalty all day long as Bolingoli did his best Kobe Bryant impression. Maybe if we'd scored that it brings us back into the game but we weren't exactly carving Celtic open.

Disappointing day overall, hopefully we can put it behind us and move onto Utd.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

Am I going to have to eat my words when I see it or was it a foul in the lead up to the first goal? 

I've only seen a couple of replays but Furuhashi slid in from behind (ooooh matron), stretching for the ball, and wiped out Slattery with the follow through.
I didn't think he made contact with the ball when I saw it live and I still think probably not from the replays, but it has to be said that Slattery didn't seem to complain, so maybe he got a touch.

:Shrug:  we weren't getting anything from the game today anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

aw naw, how will I ever show my face around these here parts again?

Couldn’t paint a red neck on you mate so i’m sure you will be ok. 

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

Don’t recall a bad tackle from either team 

The Mugabi tackle on Turnbull is a shocker as was the decision not to give Motherwell a penalty 

The Mugabi tackle on Turnbull is a shocker as was the decision not to give Motherwell a penalty 

Was that right at the end? Didn’t look much in it to me but I was in the middle of heading towards the stairs to leave.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Was Ange joining in with Ooh Ah Up the 'Ra?

You were on the fucking 4lhad thread fuming and now you are looking away when it is your own team...

Every away game match thread on here descends into song chat, can’t blame the home supporters but for me it’s Groundhog Day. There’s only about half a dozen or so Celtic fans on here, some are happy with the songs and some, like myself, hate that we sing that stuff. I’ve condemned the songs on multiple occasions but it gets a bit repetitive, hence me ‘looking away’. 

As pathetic a performance as you’ll ever see against the old firm. Understand what Alexander was trying to do but the players executed it terribly.

McGinley is not good enough for this level, numerous times you just want him to stick a foot in to get the ball and instead he stands back and watches the Celtic player take it, was the exact same against Airdrie.

The midfield was non-existent, Celtic really should’ve punished us more.

Liam Kelly, for me, topped his hearts performance. Firstly, his positioning for the first goal is terrible, he moves to his left and gives the boy an open goal. His distribution for the entire game was brutal to watch.

As for the penalty claim, it is 100% given up the other end. As clear and obvious as you’ll get.

Strike a mark through the game and go again, nothing to take from it.