Motherwell v Celtic

Willie Collum as referee into the bargain. Might put a few £ on a Van Veen red card. If things are not going well it will be inevitable.

Celtic without McGregor and Furahashi are beatable as has been proved. With them it makes it an altogether different proposition. Our defence whilst not that bad will struggle to cope with pace and guile of the Japanese striker. 

The issue I have is that our key strategy seems to be to soak up pressure and to counter attack. Now that will happen anyway v Celtic. But they are likely to take their opportunities unlike Aberdeen, Dundee et al. 

Being realistic I expect a defeat by a few goals. Need to keep it at 0-0 or even 1-0 to us for as longs as possible. A start akin to the Hearts game and it will be a long afternoon. I Would bite your hand off for a draw right now. 

Decent article - https://www.celticway.co.uk/tactics/19647788.perfect-storm--celtic-wary-motherwell-title-credential-tester/

Edited by welldaft

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

Just this on the SPFL twitter account.

20211015_140242.thumb.jpg.ec0749ddb73571d8f94eed5e23bad778.jpg

Who would have thought at the start of the year we would have a better record than celtic? Also that possession value seems a little too high for me.

Well, for a start it adds up to over 110%...

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Van Veen, Ralston, Starfelt and Slattery to all get booked seems a decent prediction.

Definitely worth a punt that. I went for 3-1 'Well with Van Veen anytime scorer earlier in the thread, and you've got to have the courage of your convictions, would appear the bookies think I'm mental but hey ho!!. Praying we come up with the goods, 100/1 your money lol.

Screenshot_20211015-161211_William Hill.jpg

I would normally be nodding along with @Desp and thinking that we'll get turned over as people seem to be expecting us to actaully win today - but f**k it - I think we're well capable of taking something. 

Biggest unknown is who is going to be on the end of the Willie Collum decision that he makes so quickly that the incident hasn't actually happened yet.

I would normally be nodding along with [mention=39580]Desp[/mention] and thinking that we'll get turned over as people seem to be expecting us to actaully win today - but f**k it - I think we're well capable of taking something. 
Biggest unknown is who is going to be on the end of the Willie Collum decision that he makes so quickly that the incident hasn't actually happened yet.

An absolute certainty it will be Van Veen just after we score.