Motherwell v Celtic

A 3.00pm Saturday kick off, a rarity away from home for us these days but one I'm happy about personally. 

Celtic desperately need to build on the win at Pittodrie after getting the away day monkey off our backs to hopefully build momentum going into the winter, a string of wins is urgently required and while the defence doesn't exactly fill you with confidence we at least look like our attacking options can cancel out any howlers at the back.

Given that and the fact our trips to Fir Park are often entertaining and provide plenty goals, combined with the home side being in excellent form the head says 2-2 but the heart telling me 3-2 Celtic, Abada, Kyogo and Jota to grab the goals.

I've got a feeling big Kev is going to be in the mood to give Celtic's back line of overpaid, absolute jobbers a fucking torrid afternoon. 

They do have quality up front though, so we need Kelly back to his best following his Tynecastle bloopers. Hopefully both Ojalaa and Solholm in at centre back too.

Baws oot and go at them, fûck all to lose. 3-1 Motherwell, and I will be blootered 'til Tuesday. Would perhaps be an overreaction to victory over a steady, middle of the roads outfit but, hey, any excuse. 

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

No injuries from the International break and all of our previously injured players now back in training there is some reason for optimism.

Need these 3 points so only a win will do, 3-1 Celtic

I have no issues with a Celtic loss, don’t close your mind to it.

11 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

No injuries from the International break and all of our previously injured players now back in training there is some reason for optimism.

Taylor not out till November I thought?

Hopefully finally see the Greek guy, not sure how far Jullien is away.

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

The last break we went into it ull of positivity and came out of it stumbling , hopefully we have turned a corner

38 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hopefully finally see the Greek guy

Couldn't be bothered googling it then?

Van Veen is due a good game, living up very much to his 1 in 3 ratio conveyed by Scunthorpe fans, not really done anything of note for 3 games now. Sure the atmosphere and occasion will lift him. Tony Watt has been excellent and while he has history and a boyhood fan I get the impression he had a point to prove playing them and a degree of professionalism not exhibited to our former cigar smoking hobbit.

We're weaker in midfield and flanks, hopefully players to come in and improve. Fully prepared to have 25% possession here. No doubting Celtic are a bear with a wounded paw at present and have some tasty players going forward. If Furuhashi is up against either O'Donnell or Bevis I think they will get a torrid time. Will be interesting to see if we can soak that up for 90 and make no errors or if we do get away with them. I do rate Alexander as a tactician and someone who plays percentages, I bet the numbers have been crunched late into the night over the past fortnight. 3-2 Motherwell.

Edited by Kapowzer

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

Id like to see us play 2 strikers with Kyogo and the Greek guy both playing, I think thats a reason when we are against teams who are playing quite a defensive game we arent able to break them down even though we have the possession. Ive always liked Celtic playing 2 strikers

Edited by BigDoddyKane

Van Veen scores on Saturday, that I’m absolutely sure of. The result however, could go either way.

Hopefully Kelly got his horror show performance out of the way in the first half against Hearts and we have Sondre back in the defence, though I’ve not heard anything on that front.

Both teams will score in this game. I’m envisaging a 3-1 win with Van Veen having a performance similar to that of Higdon’s in our 2013 game of the same score.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

Sure i read something about him doing some light training however could be wrong.

Hopefully see Julien get some game time before the end of the month