Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

Moldova haven’t got a single player playing in a better rated league than the Scottish Premiership. Their best players, from the looks of things, play for Olympiacos (a left back who you’d assume will be decent), a Serie B side, and in the Slovakian and Romanian leagues.

Their recent squads have featured guys playing in Serie D, the Japanese second tier and the worst team in the Belgian second tier.

They're fucking pish, and we should be winning comfortably.

Edit: I suppose it should suffice to say that there’s good reasons why teams end up in pot 6 - because they have mostly quite bad players. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

27 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

It’s more of a formality than some doomsayers would have it.

In 8 (eight) years, Moldova have beaten Azerbaijan, San Marino, and Andorra. 

They are beneath Andorra in the world rankings, who’s starting XI will include teams from the second tier of middling European nations.

We should be winning this handily.

Maybe I'm wrong but after watching our game away in the Faroes I'd be surprised if even the most optimistic Scotland fan will be putting money on us to win handily. In fact anyone who thinks this will be a formality put your money where your mouth is and post a screenshot on here. 

Edited by 2426255

16 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but after watching our game away in the Faroes I'd be surprised if even the most optimistic Scotland fan will be putting money on us to win handily. In fact anyone who thinks this will be a formality put your money where your mouth is and post a screenshot on here. 

Why would The Faroes game have any bearing on this?

Moldova are - by world rankings - the third worst team we’ve played since the 1990s and quite possibly ever.

We’ll win this fairly routinely. It might not be pretty but I highly doubt it will be anything remotely like the last away match.

By all means, screenshot this and hang it on your wall.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

Just now, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

By all means, screenshot this and hang it on your wall.

I meant put a bet on Scotland to win handily (say 2 or 3 goals) and post it up so we can see you've put your money where your mouth is.

Count me among those expecting a fairly comprehensive win. Scotland have far better players, are well managed, have a good squad mentality and are in good form. There's nothing to fear here, beyond tired old 'aye but sometimes we struggle'. 

The home fixture was very one sided and but for slack finishing the scoreline would have had a fair dodd of gloss on it. Sort that out and we will stick a few goals on them. I still think we should change up our attacking approach in the absence of Dykes, but even if we don't, we still have enough about us to win this without hitting top gear. 

Moldova are howling and if we don't win the game it will be up there with our worst ever results. 

12 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I meant put a bet on Scotland to win handily (say 2 or 3 goals) and post it up so we can see you've put your money where your mouth is.

Sorry, I don’t bet on football. And neither do I need to prove anything to internet randoms.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

7 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Sorry, I don’t bet on football. And neither do I need to prove anything to internet randoms.

As it happens I enjoy putting the odd bet on here and there, usually put at least one on for a Scotland game, but we're talking a cupla quid or so. Regardless, I feel zero need to prove anything via screenshots to strangers online. Asking for 'proof', for people to 'put their money where their mouth is', good grief, we're talking absolute definition of wee guy behaviour. 

Just now, AndyDD said:

As it happens I enjoy putting the odd bet on here and there, usually put at least one on for a Scotland game, but we're talking a cupla quid or so. Regardless, I feel zero need to prove anything via screenshots to strangers online. Asking for 'proof', for people to 'put their money where their mouth is', good grief, we're talking absolute definition of wee guy behaviour. 

Well talk is cheap, isn't it? what's wee guy behaviour?

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

When you post up your bet slip with Moldova on it I'll put mine up with Scotland on it. 

I'm not saying Moldova will win. 🤦‍♂️ Just that it's rubbish to say it will be or should be a canter.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Moldova haven’t got a single player playing in a better rated league than the Scottish Premiership. Their best players, from the looks of things, play for Olympiacos (a left back who you’d assume will be decent), a Serie B side, and in the Slovakian and Romanian leagues.

Their recent squads have featured guys playing in Serie D, the Japanese second tier and the worst team in the Belgian second tier.

They're fucking pish, and we should be winning comfortably.

Edit: I suppose it should suffice to say that there’s good reasons why teams end up in pot 6 - because they have mostly quite bad players. 

The Olympaicos guy is suspended too.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why don’t you post your bet slip of Moldova plus one or two then...

I didn't put a bet on Moldova to win because I'm not certain they will win and because I don't normally gamble on football. If I was certain for whatever reason I would make the bet.

Edited by 2426255

People tend to lump all 'minnows' into one bucket. The Faroes are a much better side than Moldova. Even with the stakes, I expect this to be a comfortable win for us.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to be tense af while watching it though.

Comfy win in Moldova, narrow loss to the Danes meaning we're not seeded and then watch us draw Spain.