Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It was never going to be a yellow for Patterson.

The thing that concerned me is that the VAR check showed that had Patterson not handled, the ball may well have fallen on a plate for their striker. That concerned me that the ref would interpret this as a yellow card offence. 

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Playing in the championship didn’t help his case.

Fair play to Hearts, done him a right turn getting him back to what he is again after what happened to him in Glasgow. Between the injury and that, to come a third time and be in a world cup playof playing at this level .

the man is a legend imo . And loves playing for Scotland.

(sorry for the 4 edits, indulged in a few lagers to celebrate getting through the group lol) 

Edited by greenockraver

25 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Maybe, but I'd have still picked him. He's not going to suddenly become shite just because he's played a season in the Championship.

Gordon has always been better than Marshall.

Plus Marshall was being terrible for Derby at the time. 

9 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Good overall performance, all contributed.  I thought McGregor was really good controlling the tempo.

Personally I'd rest any of the key guys on a booking.  You want to be seeded, but I'd rather play Serbia away with McGinn, Gilmour and Robertson than the Czechs at home without them

I thought McGregor was excellent as well, always available for a pass and didn’t shirk any of the battles in the middle of the pitch. He had a similar performance when I watched him in Celtics Europa League game away to Ferencvaros a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was outstanding in that game. Last season under Lennon he looked like he didn’t have the confidence to take the ball and at times looked like he was actively hiding from it, but the Celtic captaincy and the responsibilities that brings, along with Postecoglus different style of play has definitely helped McGregors game. Long may it continue for Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I thought McGregor was excellent as well, always available for a pass and didn’t shirk any of the battles in the middle of the pitch. He had a similar performance when I watched him in Celtics Europa League game away to Ferencvaros a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was outstanding in that game. Last season under Lennon he looked like he didn’t have the confidence to take the ball and at times looked like he was actively hiding from it, but the Celtic captaincy and the responsibilities that brings, along with Postecoglus different style of play has definitely helped McGregors game. Long may it continue for Scotland. 

McGregor and Jack probably suffer from the rest of us, and our antipathy of all things OF but in truth they rarely let us down in a Scotland shirt. I was guilty of mumping at McGregor playing the side or backward pass today but invariably his retention of possession lead to a chance soon afterwards so it shows how little I know. We do have a ridiculous amount of options, in midfield especially, right now  and long may it continue.

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not quite getting all the digs at Israel.  

Yes, we're sick of the sight of them, having played them a lot lately.  George Galloway would feel uneasy about some of the targeted gloating evident on here though.

Targeted gloating :lol: that’s excellent, it really is. 

I don’t know if you have recently landed on Earth from another planet, but football fans that have a rivalry with another team will almost certainly gloat when they come out on top to the detriment of the other. To try and paint some of the posts on here in any other context is bizarre. 

11 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Targeted gloating :lol: that’s excellent, it really is. 

I don’t know if you have recently landed on Earth from another planet, but football fans that have a rivalry with another team will almost certainly gloat when they come out on top to the detriment of the other. To try and paint some of the posts on here in any other context is bizarre. 

Yes, maybe.

It just sounds a bit pathetic and childish.  Being drawn with Israel a few times hasn't made me hate them personally, but hey, we're all different.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have to say that this is about as good a Scotland team as I've ever seen.

Some of the play tonight was absolutely brilliant and we could have racked up an absolute cricket score.

We have several genuinely world class players now and I can't remember the last time I've been able to say that.

Calm down for God's sake.

We've had much better sides in living memory and although World Class is an ill defined term, we sure as Hell don't have "several" players in the category.

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Mcgregor and Gilmour continues to look very comfortable next to each other 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have to say that this is about as good a Scotland team as I've ever seen.

Some of the play tonight was absolutely brilliant and we could have racked up an absolute cricket score.

We have several genuinely world class players now and I can't remember the last time I've been able to say that.

Scotlands last actual team with world class players in it