Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

Great performance but I do think it’s time we start putting these teams away 3-0 or 4-0 as standard. There was a heart in the mouth moment when I expected us to be 2-1 up with 10 men for the last 10 minutes. Thankfully we got a bit lucky with Patterson avoiding a second yellow and then the heroics of both Gordon and Tierney cemented the points.

This was a bit more comfortable than the home leg or the trip to the Faroes but even still, slightly too close to comfort for me. 

8 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Very good performance I thought, even if we were wasteful in the first 20 mins- could have been three up- and then Ioanita and Ginsaro threatened.

Other than that wobbly few minutes thought we controlled the game really well. Great finish from Patterson for the opener, to settle the nerves at a critical time.

Cruised through the second half largely. The penalty very soft but brilliant work from Gordon to push it away.

Attitude & application first class tonight and you can’t ask for any more really. Moldova were up for it & although a limited team they put in a good shift. Hard to see how they’ve sunk so low in recent years- far from the worst international team I’ve seen.

San Marino and Gibraltar were much worce hope we get FI again in Eurors if there still pot 5,we could get a worse draw like Georgia or someone 

The booking - suspension system hasnt been done right by UEFA imo . 

Somethings went amiss. 2 bookings over the whole group and yer oot for the playoff? kind of hammers the 2nd place teams. 

Maybe im only noticing it noo because we have qualified for hee haw bar twice in the 20 odd years ive watched.

good problem to have in that regard

Edited by greenockraver

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Great performance but I do think it’s time we start putting these teams away 3-0 or 4-0 as standard. There was a heart in the mouth moment when I expected us to be 2-1 up with 10 men for the last 10 minutes. Thankfully we got a bit lucky with Patterson avoiding a second yellow and then the heroics of both Gordon and Tierney cemented the points.

This was a bit more comfortable than the home leg or the trip to the Faroes but even still, slightly too close to comfort for me. 

It was never in doubt look at the chances we squandered and the offside goals some were really tight getting caught offside by a standing foot

Was only one team in it tonight and if they scored the penelty they would been very lucky 

Cos they threatened us very little in the game bar a few standard saves expected from a guy as good as big Gordon

1 minute ago, greenockraver said:

The booking - suspension system hasnt been done right by UEFA imo . 

Somethings went amiss. 2 bookings over the whole group and yer oot for the playoff? kind of hammers the 2nd place teams. 

How would you improve it?

Cannot have people going into final group games on one yellow knowing a second would be meaningless and acting like Claudio Gentile?

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not quite getting all the digs at Israel.  

Yes, we're sick of the sight of them, having played them a lot lately.  George Galloway would feel uneasy about some of the targeted gloating evident on here though.

Sir, I salute your courage, your strength your indefatigability. And I want you to know that we are with you until victory.......

hopefully in the upcoming playoffs.

Your subservient servant

George

3 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

It was never in doubt look at the chances we squandered and the offside goals some were really tight getting caught offside by a standing foot

Was only one team in it tonight and if they scored the penelty they would been very lucky 

Cos they threatened us very little in the game bar a few standard saves expected from a guy as good as big Gordon

They would not have been lucky to score a properly awarded penalty.

That they didn't was down to our best player on the evening and astonishing awareness by Keiran Tierney on the rebound.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

They would not have been lucky to score a properly awarded penalty.

That they didn't was down to our best player on the evening and astonishing awareness by Keiran Tierney on the rebound.

I never questioned the validity off the penelty just questioned if he could beat our goalie cos he never exactly looked like Mr Confidence stepping up

Everyone one off us watching it in here tonight all said bet he misses it was that obvious 

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I never questioned the validity off the penelty just questioned if he could beat our goalie cos he never exactly looked like Mr Confidence stepping up

Everyone one off us watching it in here tonight all said bet he misses it was that obvious 

I have to say that I was pleased it was that wee rata guy that missed it as he'd been trying to throw his weight around earlier.

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I'll try again:

On what basis would he have been lucky (your words) to have scored the penalty?

It was never going to be a yellow for Patterson.