Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

15 minutes ago, the snudge said:

This with McGinn just off Adams up top. No messing just get the job done. I'd maybe even leave McTominay out. He's not been great recently for club or country

scotland-selector-moldova2-2021-e38ee2184fcc9cfa7256e5271101f141.jpg

Mcgregor on the right of midfield and McTominay on the left? 

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Back on Friday's game, Clarke may come up with an excuse for this however no shock that Eddie Howe joins Newcastle and Ryan Fraser is back to his old tricks of pulling out the squad with little appearing wrong on the surface.

I like Ryan Fraser as a player however I'd back Clarke in bombing him out after that.2551eaf382cad4d85ab88d43bb2c306f.jpg

I don't think there is anything in this. Just the papers making trouble.

At his best, I think Fraser is amongst our most dangerous players. His pace, his skill, his delivery and his shooting; he's played a part in several Scotland goals over the course of his caps. He linked up very well with Dykes a few times and got us what turned out to be a massively important point in Israel and 

Hopefully Howe plays him regularly at Newcastle and he gets back to his best. 

50 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Mcgregor on the right of midfield and McTominay on the left? 

No, the wing backs covering. Mcginn to push up and McTominay to move over to the middle. It didn't really have an option of the tactics on the BBC site. Apologies.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It does look incredibly shite but it could be possible that he’s fit enough to do some training but not for enough to take part in an actual match. I’m not saying that’s the case as obviously I have no idea, but sure we had this with McBurnie before playing in a bounce game after pulling out the squad. 

Think Mcburnie was more believable as he had been getting f**k all game time iirc so may have been well short of fitness but don’t think the same could be said for Fraser as he has been getting game time this season I think.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Think Mcburnie was more believable as he had been getting f**k all game time iirc so may have been well short of fitness but don’t think the same could be said for Fraser as he has been getting game time this season I think.

Aye, he’s probably taking the piss and completely fine - but I think he’s quite good so I just don’t want to completely write him off yet.

This is wildly hypocritical of me because if it was someone shite like Kenny McLean then I’d be fine with just saying they’re at it, but f**k it. 

28 minutes ago, the snudge said:

No, the wing backs covering. Mcginn to push up and McTominay to move over to the middle. It didn't really have an option of the tactics on the BBC site. Apologies.

Ah I see I see. Yeah it is a bit limited with what it allows. I'd still rotate them so that Mcgregor is to Gilmour's left and McTominay is to Gilmour's right, but fair enough. 

image.png.e3d16c91e22243a2b99706992a5f8a56.png

The Moldovans aren't in particularly good shape going into this. Avram, Armas, Reabciuk, Potirniche, Platica and Ghecev (all players who have been involved since September) aren't in contention for the Scotland game.

The players were summoned on November 8 at the Center for the selected teams from Vadul lui Vodă. Due to health reasons, goalkeeper Cristian Avram (FC Buzău, Romania) and defenders Oleg Reabciuk (Olympiacos, Greece) and Alexandru Belousov (Sheriff Tiraspol) are missing from the national team. In their place, Nicolae Calancea (Sf. Gheorghe Suruceni) and Igor Arhirii (Milsami Orhei) will join the team tomorrow.

Moldovan FA

https://fmf.md/noutate/4168/echipa-nationala-a-inceput-pregatirile-pentru-ultimele-meciuri-din-campania-preliminara

2 hours ago, General dissaray said:

So all the red dotters in this,I've a question for you

So the system is working with the two up top,Brown scores runs his socks into the ground and gets hooked off

Nisbet comes on just as Adams pulls up a calf string 

Why would Clarke want to change the system when the shape and tempo is working?

Off course someone goes up through middle 

Any other contenders who has has done it before for club or country

If it isn't going to be McLean answering the SOS getting a rare opertunity up front?

Exactly like I thought absolutely no thought provoking intelligent reply just more red dots by the same old usual suspects,tactical analysis isn't there game

16 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

I question how far Clarke has taken us and think we should be doing a lot better with the current crop of players available to us. I also question squad selections and with the current squad, the inclusion of Brown over Russell is perplexing. Our performances have not been consistent and we haven't built on good performances (which the manager takes credit for and rightly so), regressing on the back of what could be termed false dawns. 

But despite this, I do concede that you have to hand it to Clarke and the results he has pulled together. Clarke's "style" is not to try and hold on to a one - nil; the game may pan out that way but in a lot of games, not putting the ball in the net despite a host of chances has been one of our biggest problems. That's not down to the manager but bad luck and lack of composure and a real quality striker available to us. 

If you can't see that, then you haven't been watching the games which may suggest you are just trolling on the back of the tone of your first hand dozen posts.....

Trolling? Explain yourself in coherent language please because your logic baffles me. Here's a fact: 6 out of the last 8 wins under Clarke in regulation time have been one-nils. That's a whopping percentage of one-nils you will agree. It might even be unprecedented. You really think this a coincidence rather than tactical astuteness? It's not a coincidence; it's a pattern. Clarke clearly has a happy knack of winning games one-nil over the past year or so. Long may it continue. I would rather win 1-0, ugly or otherwise, than lose playing swashbuckling football (if the words "Scotland" and "swashbuckling" is not too mind-bending a concept!) The point I was making regarding the Moldova game is that if we find ourselves a goal up and Clarke decides to shut up shop rather than chasing a decisive second - holding out for his 7th one-nil, no less  - it will be torture to watch, for obvious reasons.  If, as you suggest, it is "bad luck" and "lack of composure" responsible for that astonishing percentage of one-nils, then your judgement is clearly awry. The facts don't lie. Clarke, the best manager we have had in decades, irrefutably knows how to hang on to a one-nil lead.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You’re not allowed to have a go at others “tactical analysis” when your own shout is playing Kenny McLean up front.

I gave you the scenario were that would be acceptable to happen in the Moldova game

Unlike you I've already foreseen situation and problem solved it because I know Fraser Christie Dykes are unavailable 

I already have told you that I couldn't care less about what you or anybody else thinks about it

If the shapes working he isn't going to change it if a striker goes on and the other gets injured 

Obviously big McLean is the only option left to go on and do a fill in job up front 

19 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

image.png.e3d16c91e22243a2b99706992a5f8a56.png

The Moldovans aren't in particularly good shape going into this. Avram, Armas, Reabciuk, Potirniche, Platica and Ghecev (all players who have been involved since September) aren't in contention for the Scotland game.

Moldovan FA

https://fmf.md/noutate/4168/echipa-nationala-a-inceput-pregatirile-pentru-ultimele-meciuri-din-campania-preliminara

This is great news, thanks. I knew one of their midfielders was suspended after getting a red against Israel, but those other absentees must surely enhance our chances. Am wondering how many players who played for the Moldovan side that won v Real Madrid are in their squad. Hopefully none!

17 minutes ago, nate said:

Trolling? Explain yourself in coherent language please because your logic baffles me. Here's a fact: 6 out of the last 8 wins under Clarke in regulation time have been one-nils. That's a whopping percentage of one-nils you will agree. It might even be unprecedented. You really think this a coincidence rather than tactical astuteness? It's not a coincidence; it's a pattern. Clarke clearly has a happy knack of winning games one-nil over the past year or so. Long may it continue. I would rather win 1-0, ugly or otherwise, than lose playing swashbuckling football (if the words "Scotland" and "swashbuckling" is not too mind-bending a concept!) The point I was making regarding the Moldova game is that if we find ourselves a goal up and Clarke decides to shut up shop rather than chasing a decisive second - holding out for his 7th one-nil, no less  - it will be torture to watch, for obvious reasons.  If, as you suggest, it is "bad luck" and "lack of composure" responsible for that astonishing percentage of one-nils, then your judgement is clearly awry. The facts don't lie. Clarke, the best manager we have had in decades, irrefutably knows how to hang on to a one-nil lead.

24 of his 40 wins as Killie manager were by a single goal too. It's definitely a pattern for his style of play.

We’ll have to get there and see what the pitch and the conditions are like, but I’m sure we’ll have quite a bit of the ball but we can’t go gung-ho, thinking that we can throw everything at them from the first whistle. We have to manage the game.

Look at the Faroes game – it took us until the 86th minute before we broke them down, but this group is good at finding a way to break teams down.It might take the last five minutes but they’ve shown they can do it.”

We’ve brought young Jacob (Brown) in and he’s looked lively on the training ground, which is good. Kevin Nisbet is chomping at the bit because he sees an opportunity. We’ve got other players who can operate in advanced areas, depending on what system we play, so it’s a chance for someone else to give the manager a headache.

John Carver on the  Moldova game.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish/3659583/john-carver-scotland-avoid-drama-world-cup-play-off/

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

:lol: Aye, alright pal.

It's exactly what I've done and done it days ago,where as all you want to do is pick holes in the logic

And can't come up with a better alternative I'm the one taking the pelters 

All cool though when others put Armstrong starting up front in there team,and mad stuff like that they get a pass though 

29 minutes ago, nate said:

Am wondering how many players who played for the Moldovan side that won v Real Madrid are in their squad. Hopefully none!

None. Sheriff have money to buy good players so don't sign any Moldovans. Which is yet more proof that we should win this at a canter.