Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

I can't say I thought McGinn and Armstrong off Adams was great, I certainly didn't see the positives in Armstrongs performance that others appear to. I also don't think Patterson was bad or rash in defence either, he gets caught up the park because he's an attacking wing back but he has excellent ability to recover his position. I thought we controlled the game and could've won by 3 or 4. Biggest thing for me is we feel like a team, everybody works for each other and we've got decent competition for places. It feels good watching us right now.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I can't say I thought McGinn and Armstrong off Adams was great, I certainly didn't see the positives in Armstrongs performance that others appear to. I also don't think Patterson was bad or rash in defence either, he gets caught up the park because he's an attacking wing back but he has excellent ability to recover his position. I thought we controlled the game and could've won by 3 or 4. Biggest thing for me is we feel like a team, everybody works for each other and we've got decent competition for places. It feels good watching us right now.

I love it when you feel good, makes me really happy.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We have several genuinely world class players now and I can't remember the last time I've been able to say that.

Definitely our best team in a long time. The results are testimony to that.

World class though? A bold claim for me, let's see how we perform on Monday against a top side.

5 minutes ago, printer said:

It's not bold, it's preposterous.

Indeed.

It's completely ludicrous.  The claim bears no scrutiny whatever.  If we've several World Class players, that means there must currently be about a thousand of them worldwide right now.  That would require quite a dilution of the term.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Indeed.

It's completely ludicrous.  The claim bears no scrutiny whatever.  If we've several World Class players, that means there must currently be about a thousand of them worldwide right now.  That would require quite a dilution of the term.

And the rest.

World class I'm not too sure about.

The most pleasing thing about this team is the ability to keep going. It's the most hardworking and dogged Scotland squad I've seen I'm my life. 

There will be a few teams hoping we're not seeded because a packed Hampden in a playoff could be a great leg up for our players.

Edited by the snudge

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I thought Armstrong was shit. A waste of a jersey.

Using the barometer if world class means getting a game for any team in the world at international or club level you are only looking at Andy Robertson being world class.

KT is very close imo I think he is outstanding, he shows it time and time again.

Gilmour could be but needs way more games at club level. 

McGinn, needs to kick on again. Will see how he does under Gerrard, not sure he gets into most big national teams or the elite clubs.

Not to shit on the parade of this group of players as they have exceeded expectations in finishing 2nd in the group.

2 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:
10 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
3 yellows for a suspension would seem more realistic

Just do away with the whole system, it's crap.

Good point. Given that bookings are so much easier to come by now, the original reason for suspensions (to disincentivise fouling) has been satisfied by stricter refereeing in games. Suspensions just seem overly draconian, compromise competition (and therefore spectacle) and disproportionately punish smaller nations.

I'm loving @oaksoft's exuberance about this team and I'm not going to discourage that. Gilmour is excellent and I feel he was underused last night. The midfield three were great. Armstrong, sadly, looks a shadow of the player he was a few seasons ago.

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

Now that Austria have beaten Israel, it looks like we've absolutely skooshed second place  :lol:

Despite most of our wins being pretty narrow, I kind of feel we have skooshed it. If you looked at each of the last 4 games in context, a draw wouldn't have been a disaster in any of them, but we won all of them and qualified with a game to spare. There was a fair bit of margin for error in this group, even after a couple of early draws, but we didn't need it.

20 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Despite most of our wins being pretty narrow, I kind of feel we have skooshed it. If you looked at each of the last 4 games in context, a draw wouldn't have been a disaster in any of them, but we won all of them and qualified with a game to spare. There was a fair bit of margin for error in this group, even after a couple of early draws, but we didn't need it.

Don't have a clue what happened to the Austrians, but them having a mare helped us.

The strong team beat everyone this time, not just us, so that was helpful.  We also failed to slip up against the minnows as so often happens.

These facts allowed our 4 points against our rivals to be decisive.

Edited by Monkey Tennis