Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

6 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

Love how part of the justification for McLean up top is so that we can play long ball.

Aye, playing one of the worst teams in Europe and we need to resort to route one with a make shift striker who played half a season there 6 years ago.

You know or we could try and actually play a bit with actual attacking players like Brown and Adams.

Didn't you watch the last game in FI?Scotland were hitting it long all night,its how we play it's how we have played for a long time 

I agree would love us to knock it about short quickly and create space and make chances at a high tempo,but we simply don't play that way

We are talking about McLean coming on so we keep the system if it's working 

Well it's what I've been talking about,don't know half the crap most off the others are on about

15 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Adams and Brown starting is an opinion. An opinion many, including myself, share. But its an opinion. Know the difference between opinion and fact.

Also, if Moldova park the bus and get 10 men behind the ball and kill space, genuine pace over 40-50m is irrelevant because they wont have space to run into. Its movement and control in tight areas you need in games like that, plus having someone with the ability to shoot from range.

As an aside, I assume English isnt your first language?

I agree which is why we need wingers and probably a change off formation 

I am dyslexic and half blind like some others in here no I'm Scottish I'm a Glaswegian 

We still need to penentrate them in behind even if its from the flanks the goal against FI came from a cross from the right

We tried wee slide balls in the space up the flanks all night to no avail 98 per cent off the times

Hopefully we score from set plays thanks to big Austin McPhee 

Edited by General dissaray

Would it be worth resting these guys against Denmark if we win against Moldova?

It’s a question of whether you go all out to play at home but risk the availability of key guys. 

If we're planning to rest them against Denmark anyway would it not be better for them to pick up a booking against Moldova and take the ban?

55 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If we're planning to rest them against Denmark anyway would it not be better for them to pick up a booking against Moldova and take the ban?

Actually yes. If not there’s a risk that they could be booked in the SF and miss the final. 

2 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Thread has more wild takes than Attenborough...

tbh its just one person living in a complete fantasy world commenting on things they have utterly no idea about. Then when questioned throw in some lies or create 2nd accounts to back themselves up with.

Edited by red23

12 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Adams and Brown starting is an opinion. An opinion many, including myself, share. But its an opinion. Know the difference between opinion and fact.

Also, if Moldova park the bus and get 10 men behind the ball and kill space, genuine pace over 40-50m is irrelevant because they wont have space to run into. Its movement and control in tight areas you need in games like that, plus having someone with the ability to shoot from range.

As an aside, I assume English isnt your first language?

Decent post but nae need for that last sentence.

Am I missing something with folk including Armstrong in their team? I love the handsome b*****d but his recent Scotland form wouldn't get him into my fives team.

Edited by velo army

20 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Nisbet had some tough questions from the press about his form. Thought he handled them well. 

Better if you'd quoted Graeme. but yeah basically getting asked about how shite he is playing at the moment. 

Edited by 2426255

Does anyone know if Moldovan defender Ion Jardan and ex Scottish journeyman Iain Jardine are by any chance related? Admittedly , years of self-abuse has undermined my eyesight, but the more i compare them, the more i detect similarities in their looks as well as their names. I think it's the nose. They could be father and son. Old timers will remember man-of-many-clubs Iain as a feisty midfielder with a reputation for off-field hellraising and skirt chasing. Question is: did he ever sow any of his wild Ayrshire oats in the vicinity of Greater Romania? I wouldn't be surprised. Iain certainly got around. He was quite the cosmopolitan, one of only a few Scottish players in the early-mid 80s to play his football in a foreign league, at a time when most of them (and us) were still holidaying in Dunoon caravans. Maybe there's a Scotland fan currently in Moldova, perhaps an autograph hunter, who could approach their team's hotel and ask Ion about his parentage? If my theory is correct, it would be a lovely story in these troubled times, I think you'll agree. 

ij1.jpg

ij2.jpg