Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

49 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

If Dembele can play up front then he would be getting called up to be a striker not a winger. It’s pointless calling up wingers if we aren’t going to use a formation that would use them.

Christie and Fraser have been called up for the Denmark game, obviously. Christie can play in behind the strikers and in centre midfield and Fraser can play at wing back and also behind the striker.

Again you totally miss the point about subs giving a option to change the system if it doesn't work

Dembele can play up front sometimes even in his own in games,strange he hasn't been called in and is having as good a season as Brown like wise the same with Johnny Russell who is on fire just now

Jacob Brown can play on the wing. I wouldn’t expect we’ll use him there, because we don’t play with wingers, but he can play there. He’s also scored more and got more assists than Dembele, plays for a far better side, and has significantly more experience at Championship level despite being younger, so those are probably factors in why he got called up ahead of Dembele. 

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Jacob Brown can play on the wing. I wouldn’t expect we’ll use him there, because we don’t play with wingers, but he can play there. He’s also scored more and got more assists than Dembele, plays for a far better side, and has significantly more experience at Championship level despite being younger, so those are probably factors in why he got called up ahead of Dembele. 

I think he might. I think the wee tweak could be going to a 3-4-3 rather than a 3-5-2. The front three might have someone playing wide on the right to double up with the wing back the way Tierney and Robertson double up on the left. 

37 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Brown will start through the middle with Adams when they burn themselves outvthe only other natural striking option is Nesbet that is a terrible state off affairs unprofessional even

Brown has one more goal and three assists more than Dembele and as you say playing with better players around him

Just imagine what he could do in a much better side?

Look what Tony has done at Brentford they were deadly together 

Edited by General dissaray

2 hours ago, General dissaray said:

I mentioned McLean coming on up front if we hook a striker for a striker who has run himself into the ground,and then they other gets injured 

McLean is 6.1 foot tall very physical and strong and actually does hold up play and holds people off him.every game,you obviously haven't been watching him that closely 

And pretty sure his link up play would be exellent as well flick.ons and everything 

We should had a extra forward in the squad anyway and a winger called in as well

Russell 

Dembele 

Would have been happy with we are limited now for making changes 

Pfft, 6"1 is nothing. Big Zander Clark is 6"3, very physical and strong and is regularly seen holding onto the ball every game. Also known for causing havoc in the oppositions box leading to important goals.

Get big Zander up front David James circa 2005 style for an aerial bombardment the likes of which the world hasnt seen since WWII.

Just now, General dissaray said:

Brown will start through the middle with Adams when they burn themselves outvthe only other natural striking option is Nesbet that is a terrible state off affairs unprofessional even

Considering you only typed one sentence, theres an astonishing number of errors in it. I think what you meant was:

Brown is likely to start through the middle with Adams. Both are incredibly fit athletes each capable of lasting 90 minutes but in case we need a change, the only other natural striking option is Nisbet. That isnt an ideal state of affairs, a bit risky even. But its fucking Moldova and 3 striking options and goalscoring options in midfield like McGinn, Turnbull and Armstrong should be more than enough to beat fucking Moldova.

5 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

No it's not.

It's one game. Against Moldova. Dykes is out but we have three options upfront which should be enough to beat Moldova. If one or more of our strikers get injured we can call up others. We can also play with one upfront and Turnbull, Ferguson or McGinn would do a good job behind them. McTominay has played up front before for Man U as a target man and will almost certainly be good enough to body some Transnistrian jobbers if we want. 

Not much reason to drag along someone who wont get any game time. 

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Considering you only typed one sentence, theres an astonishing number of errors in it. I think what you meant was:

Brown is likely to start through the middle with Adams. Both are incredibly fit athletes each capable of lasting 90 minutes but in case we need a change, the only other natural striking option is Nisbet. That isnt an ideal state of affairs, a bit risky even. But its fucking Moldova and 3 striking options and goalscoring options in midfield like McGinn, Turnbull and Armstrong should be more than enough to beat fucking Moldova.

It's a criminal state off affairs actually absolutely no attacking threats to come on and keep the shape if the two up front is working if ones injured when we have made the switch 

Also look at the recent subs its always a striker that gets the hook,so really bit strange that you would even try to pick me up on something as pedantic as that but each to there own

Brown as Adams are speed merchants who if there putting 100 per cent effort in from kick off one will get hooked maybe both if we are two up and he shuts up shop in the second half

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

No it's not.

It's one game. Against Moldova. Dykes is out but we have three options upfront which should be enough to beat Moldova. If one or more of our strikers get injured we can call up others. We can also play with one upfront and Turnbull, Ferguson or McGinn would do a good job behind them. McTominay has played up front before for Man U as a target man and will almost certainly be good enough to body some Transnistrian jobbers if we want. 

Not much reason to drag along someone who wont get any game time. 

Can we aye oh thanks for that absolute pearl of wisdom,nothing to worry about then

Even though we been waiting days for a new attacker to come into the squad when Fraser pulled out

Also Christie is suspended as well just in case you never knew that,so who we sending the SOS to Kenny McLean if the shapes working and that scenario happens?

3 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Can we aye oh thanks for that absolute pearl of wisdom,nothing to worry about then

Even though we been waiting days for a new attacker to come into the squad when Fraser pulled out

Also Christie is suspended as well just in case you never knew that,so who we sending the SOS to Kenny McLean if the shapes working and that scenario happens?

Have we been waiting for days? Has anyone said "we're calling another striker up?". I think you mean you've been waiting for days. Everyone else realised we've called up a new striker, the three available strikers we have are enough, we have players who can play in forward positions and score goals from deeper, and if there are any more injuries we'll call up someone else if needed. 

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Have we been waiting for days? Has anyone said "we're calling another striker up?". I think you mean you've been waiting for days. Everyone else realised we've called up a new striker, the three available strikers we have are enough, we have players who can play in forward positions and score goals from deeper, and if there are any more injuries we'll call up someone else if needed. 

If that is the case people really don't understand football then or who to prepare for situations that may arise in a game 

But that isn't really true read quite a few people saying we need to go with four natural strikers and they were clearly right 

Christie and Fraser aren't those guys there wingers wide players that is it

Look at FI when Nisbet came on he looked natural when they ball came into the box with the runs he was making

We been left short here with absolutely no plan B to change the game from a attacking perspective 

It's all about the Moldova game that is the game we need to win,do that the Denmark games irelivent apart from the conference boost if we did take something and maybe go up a couple of places in the rankings

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

If that is the case people really don't understand football then or who to prepare for situations that may arise in a game 

But that isn't really true read quite a few people saying we need to go with four natural strikers and they were clearly right 

Christie and Fraser aren't those guys there wingers wide players that is it

Look at FI when Nisbet came on he looked natural when they ball came into the box with the runs he was making

We been left short here with absolutely no plan B to change the game from a attacking perspective 

It's all about the Moldova game that is the game we need to win,do that the Denmark games irelivent apart from the conference boost if we did take something and maybe go up a couple of places in the rankings

Presuming we go 3-5-2 with any two of the three starting up front I can think about four or five minor tactical switches, without altering the shape too much, that can be done with the squad we have. There's yer plans B, C, D and E. And I'm only a slightly better manager than Steve Clarke so I presume he has at least two back up plans. 

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Presuming we go 3-5-2 with any two of the three starting up front I can think about four or five minor tactical switches, without altering the shape too much, that can be done with the squad we have. There's yer plans B, C, D and E. And I'm only a slightly better manager than Steve Clarke so I presume he has at least two back up plans. 

Absolutely no such thing as a minor tactical switch it either is or it isn't see that is when the team goes backwards when that happens,instead off just going with what is working and having like for like options on the bench and the wild card options if your looking for something totally different 

Aren't having that noncence 

33 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Brown has one more goal and three assists more than Dembele and as you say playing with better players around him

Just imagine what he could do in a much better side?

Look what Tony has done at Brentford they were deadly together 

Your first paragraph is utter nonsense.

Brown plays for a better team with better players than Dembele. That would suggest that he’s also a better player than Dembele is. 

I’m assuming that you mean Ivan Toney, and yes he’s done well at Brentford. I’m not sure why you’ve brought it up because it’s completely irrelevant but ok.

If we sub one of the strikers for Nisbet, and then the other gets injured there are plenty of things we can do which make far more sense than “just stick Kenny McLean up front cause he’s 6’1” 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Your first paragraph is utter nonsense.

Brown plays for a better team with better players than Dembele. That would suggest that he’s also a better player than Dembele is. 

I’m assuming that you mean Ivan Toney, and yes he’s done well at Brentford. I’m not sure why you’ve brought it up because it’s completely irrelevant but ok.

If we sub one of the strikers for Nisbet, and then the other gets injured there are plenty of things we can do which make far more sense than “just stick Kenny McLean up front cause he’s 6’1” 

Tony and Dembele were at Peterborough together and played absolutely fantastic together

Peterborough chairman wouldn't give Dembele a move when he requested one at the start off the season,were a host off EPL players including Brentford were keen on him

Dembele will no doubt join a bigger team on a bosman in January and then the chairman arm will be forced to accept a bid for him

Aye just stick him up cos he is 6.1,not because he has played there for St Mirren before and can link it up middle to front and hold it up and win flick ons exactly what Dykes does

And let us use the long ball again as the outball tiring the Moldova players going back and forward for it like the Serbia game

But aye okay just cos he is 6.1 if that floats your boat

Adams and Brown will start the game that is a fact players with pace are needed against a team that camps 10 men behind the ball and parks the bus

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

It's a criminal state off affairs actually absolutely no attacking threats to come on and keep the shape if the two up front is working if ones injured when we have made the switch 

Also look at the recent subs its always a striker that gets the hook,so really bit strange that you would even try to pick me up on something as pedantic as that but each to there own

Brown as Adams are speed merchants who if there putting 100 per cent effort in from kick off one will get hooked maybe both if we are two up and he shuts up shop in the second half

A minor irritation when I read all of your posts but please....it's of, their and they're.  Sorry but it's just difficult to read otherwise.