Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

8 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Good god. Trawled through the last 4 pages of eye bleeding shite cos silly fckr I am thought they'd be about the game. Lesson learnt

On past evidence, there's a fair chance that this thread will be more interesting than the game itself.

Just now, accies1874 said:
58 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:
What a shit show this thread is. 
Anyhoo, fly out tomorrow. Been far to long since we had a proper away support at an away game. Can't wait. 

I'm flying out on Thursday morning so I'll probably just leave this account at home and use my other one while I'm over there.

See your quote system is working ok now.

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Despite me or I assume anyone else being able to quote that post with no issues?

Come on? You don't really believe that, its ridiculous 

Happens very often across the site.

Amazed at the lengths people will go to to make a fool of themselves.

10 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

We should be cuffing this mob.

Correct. 0-2 minimum. 3 or 4 goals should be where we're at. Not having this 'aw but we have struggled against bad teams before'. We had a struggle away from home against the second worst side, which is something we have previous for, but we are usually comfy home and away versus the worst team in the group. 

Besides. We have a good squad of players, a happy camp and a good manager. All this 'but but but typical Scotland' stuff is hoary old pish. 

Anything other than a victory will go down as one of the absolute low points of our international history. 

In a bid to end this tedious pish, and perhaps venture down a different road of tedium - who you starting here?

Gordon

McTominay -- Hendry -- Tierney

Patterson -- Gilmour -- McGregor -- Robertson

McGinn

Brown -- Adams

Calum McGregor has gone full circle for me, I loved him when he was younger, then went through a period of hating him and thinking he was useless, but it's been clear over the last year how important he is to the Scotland team, probably brought on by Ryan Jack being missing too. For that reason, I tend to agree that McTominay should drop into defence or to the bench. I'd be happy with a back 3 of Hendry, Cooper and Tierney also. I'd start Brown against Moldova, lads is buzzing to be involved and we've not got many other options there, Nisbet himself doesn't really think his form merited a call up so I'll be slightly annoyed if he's given the start. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

In a bid to end this tedious pish, and perhaps venture down a different road of tedium - who you starting here?

Gordon

McGinn

Brown -- Adams

Calum McGregor has gone full circle for me, I loved him when he was younger, then went through a period of hating him and thinking he was useless, but it's been clear over the last year how important he is to the Scotland team, probably brought on by Ryan Jack being missing too. For that reason, I tend to agree that McTominay should drop into defence or to the bench. I'd be happy with a back 3 of Hendry, Cooper and Tierney also. I'd start Brown against Moldova, lads is buzzing to be involved and we've not got many other options there, Nisbet himself doesn't really think his form merited a call up so I'll be slightly annoyed if he's given the start. 

I’d play Cooper over Hendry, but other than that I’d go for the same team. The only other question mark would have been who starts next to Adams, but Fraser being out answers that one for me. 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Gordon

McGinn

Brown -- Adams

happy with that. However think Clarke will give Nisbet the nod and unless he scores/plays an absolute blinder, which is unlikely, will get hooked for Brown around 60th min mark....

Edited by KingRocketman II
Now that I have said that, Nisbet to play the game of his life.

8 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

happy with that. However think Clarke will give Nisbet the nod and unless he scores/plays an absolute blinder, which is unlikely, will get hooked for Brown around 60th min mark....

Brown and Adams will play when we are playing a team that sticks ten men behind the ball we need skill and pace in the team to get in behind them

Nisbet isn't that pacey for me the rapid boys go at them from first kick tire themselves out then we put Nisbet on and maybe McLean up top cos we haven't any other CF just stick him up top let Nisbet play off him for 25 mons left or whatever 

“I’ve looked at Moldova a lot in between camps. They’re a well-organised team who will be hard to beat on their own patch. In our game at Hampden I played one sitting midfielder (Gilmour) with John McGinn and Ryan Christie pushing on behind the strikers. It worked to a point, but we didn’t get the goal return we were looking for so I will maybe have a little tweak our formation over there. The game plan we’ve had in recent matches has been pretty good so we won’t stray too much from our tried and trusted.

I guess Steve Clarke is telling us what he is thinking of doing partly here. I'm not sure playing two sitting midfielders against Moldova is what he means when he says he is going to tweak the formation. Whatever he does it's good to know he will be doing it to make us more attacking.

Edited by 2426255

19 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

All the nonsense posted in this thread today and this is still the worst shout of the day, fair play.

McLean has played as a CF and a CM when he was at St Mirren,he could still do a job up there for 20 mins as a make shift CF especially if we are winning getting on the ball drawing fouls and taking the sting out the game 

Aren't saying it's going to happen just saying it's a option when our two rapid guys burn themselves out

Aren't interested either about what you think about in terms off quality off the post

At least its a idea something that you never seem to do or contribute,all you do is red dot everyone because your so immature