Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

52 minutes ago, velo army said:

The lad Brown to get an absolute hatful. The boy McGinn to net about 5 and the Gilmour fella to finally score a goal or two in a re-run of Australia's "Arbroathing" (as it's known in world football terms) of American Samoa. Moldova will resign from UEFA and FIFA the next day, and the country will re-form with Romania, never to be seen again.

Easy peasy.

Some day, we're bound to give a debut to an attacking player who scores a hat-trick and looks lethal.

The shock will probably kill me, but I can't think of many better ways to die, offhand.

We will undoubtedly either labour to a 1-0 like the home game/away to Faroes or completely shit the bed and draw. 

The only tricky away game in a hostile Eastern European trip that I remember us winning comfortably was the 3-0 in Lithuania. Trips to places like Georgia, Macedonia, Lithuania (apart from 2017) and Moldova regularly end in tears for us.

I fancy us to do the business but 1-0 most likely and I'd bite your hand off for that.

55 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

If all the players in the squad are good enough to play for Scotland then now is the time to rest and rotate so our best players are ready and at their best for the game against Denmark. 

That would be a good counter point if anyone had actually said it.

“There’s not a player to swap in that would weaken us” is not the same thing as saying out B team - that has never played together - would swat aside Moldova. 

For what its worth, using the Elo ratings archive, in the 2004 game we were ranked 55th in the world and Moldova 105th, whereas on Friday we'll be 44th and Moldova 158th. 

Or if you believe that you can't compare across federations, we're 25th in Europe (down 3 from a year ago) and they're 51st of 55, down eleven places in that same time span.

That said, the Faroes are 50th... 

Moldova. Tough away game. We should win but won't be easy. But we could cuff them. At the same time won't be unexpected if we drop points. And you can take that to the bank. 

I will be returning to this to post to pin it following the result. Once I have made a similar point 30 times in a variety of fashions ahead of the game, arguing with anyone and everyone who says differently as well as those who say exactly the same. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

Moldova. Tough away game. We should win but won't be easy. But we could cuff them. At the same time won't be unexpected if we drop points. And you can take that to the bank. 

I hate shite posts like this. You could say this with majority of games we play in.

Oh we could win, oh might drop points... oh eh typical Scotland.

Shite chat.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

For what its worth, using the Elo ratings archive, in the 2004 game we were ranked 55th in the world and Moldova 105th, whereas on Friday we'll be 44th and Moldova 158th. 

Or if you believe that you can't compare across federations, we're 25th in Europe (down 3 from a year ago) and they're 51st of 55, down eleven places in that same time span.

That said, the Faroes are 50th... 

Their 2004 team was a lot better than this mob.  In the 5 home games they beat Belarus, drew with us and Norway and had single goal defeats to Italy and Slovenia.

While we drew there with a team including both Caldwells and Ian Murray

43 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I hate shite posts like this. You could say this with majority of games we play in.

Oh we could win, oh might drop points... oh eh typical Scotland.

Shite chat.

still miles ahead of the whole 'should be cuffing this mob' crap

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

Some day, we're bound to give a debut to an attacking player who scores a hat-trick and looks lethal.

The shock will probably kill me, but I can't think of many better ways to die, offhand.

If he scores a hat trick, he'll never play for Scotland again.

Henry Morris (footballer) - Wikipedia

Morris scored a hat-trick in his only Scotland cap, an 8-2 win over Ireland in October 1949.

ETA. My mate's an East Fife fan and told me that little nugget. Big in the NE tartan army as well.

Edited by Suspect Device

Rather than fear the unknown, Clarke is embracing the chance to make more history. He said:

“I’ve looked at Moldova a lot in between camps. They’re a well-organised team who will be hard to beat on their own patch. In our game at Hampden I played one sitting midfielder (Gilmour) with John McGinn and Ryan Christie pushing on behind the strikers. It worked to a point, but we didn’t get the goal return we were looking for so I will maybe have a little tweak our formation over there. The game plan we’ve had in recent matches has been pretty good so we won’t stray too much from our tried and trusted.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-robertson-liverpool-scotland-comparison-25394867

Love a wee tweak. 

Edited by 2426255

Rather than fear the unknown, Clarke is embracing the chance to make more history. He said:
“I’ve looked at Moldova a lot in between camps. They’re a well-organised team who will be hard to beat on their own patch. In our game at Hampden I played one sitting midfielder (Gilmour) with John McGinn and Ryan Christie pushing on behind the strikers. It worked to a point, but we didn’t get the goal return we were looking for so I will maybe have a little tweak our formation over there. The game plan we’ve had in recent matches has been pretty good so we won’t stray too much from our tried and trusted.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-robertson-liverpool-scotland-comparison-25394867
Love a wee tweak. 
No sitting midfielder = more goals IMO.

Gordon
McTominay Hendry Tierney
Patterson Armstrong McGinn Turnbull Robbo
Adams Nisbet

Just now, accies1874 said:

Love a wee tweak. 
No sitting midfielder = more goals IMO.

Gordon
McTominay Hendry Tierney
Patterson Armstrong McGinn Turnbull Robbo
Adams Nisbet

Interesting you have used the exact same link and sentence 🤔

Did you forget you had changed accounts?