Hibernian v Dundee United Saturday 16 October

I thought we suffered from poor refereeing decisions in the Cup game and kept pressing right to the final whistle; I also think we have improved since that game.  That said Hibs have had a very good start to the season and this will be a tough game.

I reckon it will be too early for our new signing so probably Clark as a sole striker with Pawlett in support?

i’d probably take a point now from this.

Hibs to be awarded a penalty in the first minute due to the opposition having the cheek to turn up.

After that Hibs coast to a routine 2-1, with a late United equaliser chalked off for Offside, despite Levitt beating the keeper with a long range effort from 3 yards inside his own half....

Whilst I suspect the 14 men of Hibs will ultimately prove too much for a plucky United, I'm just glad that our cultured footballers will be safe from the outright thuggery of Porteous.

We may not leave with any points but at least with our shins intact.

9 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

At least United fans aren’t bitter.

Hibs fans have spent the last two weeks complaining about an entirely merited red card, so careful about damaging that glass house there.

Anyway. We won't win. We just won't. We never do. And if it looks like we are going to, Hibs will get their obligatory offside goal/dodgy penalty/both. And I'm buggered if I am spending £30 to watch Martin Boyle fall over for 90 minutes.

49 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Hibs fans have spent the last two weeks complaining about an entirely merited red card, so careful about damaging that glass house there.

Anyway. We won't win. We just won't. We never do. And if it looks like we are going to, Hibs will get their obligatory offside goal/dodgy penalty/both. And I'm buggered if I am spending £30 to watch Martin Boyle fall over for 90 minutes.

Yup, still frothing.

image.png.2c0abdec1907156e6a371457b8271c0b.png

I reckon it has to be more of the same from us.  McMann and Freeman might have less opportunity to go forward given Hibs goal threats but we have only conceded five in the league in eight games so can hopefully continue with our good defensive record.

Fuchs will be key in this game imo and will hopefully be the guy that can help protect the back line whilst opening up attacking opportunities.

It has to be the same team/formation as against County though the bench still looks weak.  Hopefully this is the game that Nicky Clark rediscovers his scoring touch.

Don't think you can really have much respect for a club who voluntarily both changed their name from the rather majestic Dundee Hibernian and changed their colours from green and white to *checks notes* Day-Glo orange ?

212673090_image.png.2b24142db40de52ec9320396c7ddf16e(1).png.0bb5062fcce1218d023680a425473289.png

Edited by Namond Brice