Cowdenbeath -vs- Stenhousemuir

Much needed result but still questions about his team selection.  Was Thomson injured early in the second half?  The stats look good however according to BBC 15 shots to their 2.

Just need to keep this going next week.  Still not confident about the man but we will wait and see.

25 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Much needed result but still questions about his team selection.  Was Thomson injured early in the second half?  The stats look good however according to BBC 15 shots to their 2.

Just need to keep this going next week.  Still not confident about the man but we will wait and see.

Thommo looks out for the season to me. A real bad one from a rugby player.

No doubt if he stays on we win that by 4 or 5. They are the worst team I've seen at this level since the Shire.

No doubt if he stays on we win that by 4 or 5. They are the worst team I've seen at this level since the Shire.

Ooft. That hurts. Probably spot on though. Well aimed.

Lost 2-0 and our keeper was man of the match. Not unreasonable of the manager to start with the same team that played well at  Edinburgh, but we were never at it. Did nobody tell the players this was an important game?  Second to every ball, players hiding, really really poor. Better effort in the second half but why wait till the game is lost? If Thomson is out for Stenny for a while that's a big blow for them ,but as long as we're playing like that they won't have to worry about finishing bottom.  The manager's new signings  Cammy Gill ,Craig Thompson ,Liam Buchanan all look decent but something clearly isn't right. Our midfield is powder puff, easily brushed aside. That's the issue the manager hasn't addressed.

Was feeling really uneasy going into this one given how poor we’ve been and the lack of dynamism in our midfield but after watching the game anything other than the 3 points would’ve been the end of the road for Swift as that is the worst Cowden teams I’ve seen.

It’s nice to get a win on a Saturday but I don’t think there’s much we can really take from the game.  We played well in spells and dominated the chances but the team selection was a concern and now our best player is likely out for a long time.

Bollan is a fucking dick and an appalling manager. There are umpteen items of evidence to back this up which I genuinely cannot be bothered going into however it is clear for us all to see the players don't want to play for him. That squad aren't blameless in fairness - Stenny showed the attitude and fight us as diddy team fans expect as a bare minimum, especially in the position we are in.

I suspect the players are fed up of Bollan too.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Robbie must be the weest rugby player in the world.

Let's bin Bollan and get Johnny Harvey in a gaffer. The post match interviews will be a laugh as we tumble down to the Lowland League. 

That was fucking shite from the players today. No bottle or fight. Worse than a gang.

Well done Stenny. Who was your no 16 today? 

Terrible terrible performance. Stenny deserved it. Players showed zero out there. I dont think stenny are that good however that's not a slight on them that's actually an indication of how bad we are. Out fought outplayed outworked. That for the biggest game of the season is not good enough.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Big Al, Aberdeen Cowden

delia-smith-lets-be-havin-you.gif

Just home. Sorry, it's a 2 1/2hr drive for me.

Stenny well worth their win.If they had played in the second half like they did in the first they would have scored five or six Thought 16 was outstanding.

Cowden were awful, no plan other than hoofball.

It'll take time to get over that.

Happy now?