Cowdenbeath -vs- Stenhousemuir

I think this could well be the first six-pointer of the season as basement boys Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir duke it out at Central Park on Saturday. Both sides have been in dreadful form over the campaign so far, with only goal difference separating them, and both sides can perhaps feel as though they're badly underachieving at the moment. There are capable players in both squads but, for whatever reason, it just hasn't worked.

Stenny were mediocre in their last match, a 1-1 draw with Forfar Athletic, and only looked capable after the introduction of Robert Thomson and Adam Brown. Why on earth Thomson isn't starting every game, I do not know, but surely he has to play ahead of the wretched Tam Orr. I also think Ross Forbes and Declan Hughes should make for someone who can run and someone who is good at football respectively. I'd also like to see a left-footed player fielded at left-back - it just makes more sense to me!

How about we go with:

- Euan O'Reilly - Robert Thomson - Cammy Graham -

- Nat Wedderburn - Adam Brown - James Lyon -

- Bernard Coll - Sean Crighton - Nicky Jamieson - Michael Miller -

- Davie Wilson -

There's surely no way we can continue with Orr, Forbes and Hughes after their last couple of showings! There might be some clamour for Darren Christie's addition but I've never been convinced by him as starter and think he's at his best off the bench.

I'd like to think we can win this match but who knows after that awful first quarter. If we lose, I reckon the last drop of goodwill Stephen Swift and his team have will evaporate.

This might sound daft as we're bottom of the table but I can see us scoring a few here.  We're creating chances and I think a nice early goal will lead to us running out 5-0 winners. Hat-tricks for both Renton and Buchanan.

This game is huge for Swift and co, fail to win and the Board must act and get rid of him, 9 games played so far with 1 win and 3 draws and only 8 goals scored tells its own story. 

How he can start with Orr, who has been a major let down, and leave Thomson on the bench is beyond me. Would not surprise me to hear that there has been issues and Thomson will leave in January, if this is not the case then Swift must say why he prefers an ineffectual player to someone who has a bit of skill and talent.

Agree with FF that Forbes, Hughes and Orr have had their day and have shown little to nothing so far and must make way which will probably mean Swift will have them in the starting line up. 

Given the talk and promises we were given when we appointed Swift I can only say we have been well and truly conned. High Intensity football with the full-backs bombing up the park - only in his dreams, the standard of some of the signings and his inability to see that certain players are rank rotten is there for all to see.

Defeat on Saturday and he must go, if the Board fail to act then they must tell us about their ambitions of playing in the Lowland League next year.

win on saturday and he gets a little bit longer

lose and he should be sacked within an hour of the final whistle

a draw would be the difficult one

i wonder if we are looking at options already - easier decision if there is somebody out there

(sorry, i'm not available to knock on davie iron's front door)

if he does get sacked then almost all the players are "his players" so i don't expect they will necessarily be pumped up to perform for a new manager.

hmmm

2 hours ago, true fan said:

win on saturday and he gets a little bit longer

lose and he should be sacked within an hour of the final whistle

a draw would be the difficult one

i wonder if we are looking at options already - easier decision if there is somebody out there

(sorry, i'm not available to knock on davie iron's front door)

if he does get sacked then almost all the players are "his players" so i don't expect they will necessarily be pumped up to perform for a new manager.

hmmm

Sad that I couldn't tell at first if this was posted by a Cowden fan or a Stenny one!

51 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Should be a "big" game but we are superior all over the pitch and will run out comfy winners here and leave these neanderthals hoping precious events has the top ready for the Lowland League.

Sad that I couldn't tell at first if this was posted by a Cowden fan or a Stenny one!

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR COWDENBEATH v STENHOUSEMUIR

Tickets for Cowdenbeath v Stenhousemuir FC: The Warriors on Saturday 16th October are now on sale via the club’s online advanced ticketing system. Secure your place now by clicking on the link and purchasing your ticket online. The e-ticket QR code you then receive can either be printed off or exhibited on your mobile phone at the Central Park turnstiles where it will be scanned before admission.

https://buytickets.at/cowdenbeathfootballclub/594520

Ticket prices for this match are £14 adult and £8 concessions (65 and over, 16 and under, disabled). If you though are unable to make it on the day Blue Brazil TV offers an alternative as it will also be broadcasting the match live via Pay per View – a subscription to our streaming service for this match is £11 and can be purchased at www.bluebraziltv.co.uk

OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT WHY THE SHIRE ARE NO LONGER STREAMING LIVE . ILLEGAL STREAMING BEING DONE IN BREACH OF EUFA RULES ? 

UEFA Article 48 – Blocked Hours Protection means that there can be no live matches shown in England on a Saturday between 14:45 and 5:15, a rule the English FA have now insisted on and all clubs have been told to adhere to by the Scottish FA.
Any financial costs for us to enable a geoblocking of our broadcast to block only England would run into thousands of pounds which we just don’t have meaning we have to unfortunately restrict all locations.
We invested in providing this service last season when it was encouraged to allow fans to see games and to give clubs some much needed income and to allow those fans unable to attend a chance to still support their club.
We have now had it confirmed that it isn't possible to continue the service unless we can block our service to England, so along with a number of other clubs, we have to stop with immediate effect.

13 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT WHY THE SHIRE ARE NO LONGER STREAMING LIVE . ILLEGAL STREAMING BEING DONE IN BREACH OF EUFA RULES ? 

UEFA Article 48 – Blocked Hours Protection means that there can be no live matches shown in England on a Saturday between 14:45 and 5:15, a rule the English FA have now insisted on and all clubs have been told to adhere to by the Scottish FA.
Any financial costs for us to enable a geoblocking of our broadcast to block only England would run into thousands of pounds which we just don’t have meaning we have to unfortunately restrict all locations.
We invested in providing this service last season when it was encouraged to allow fans to see games and to give clubs some much needed income and to allow those fans unable to attend a chance to still support their club.
We have now had it confirmed that it isn't possible to continue the service unless we can block our service to England, so along with a number of other clubs, we have to stop with immediate effect.

image.png.521feff085abbc3584e4af88c17f28e9.png

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=2994

Comfortable home win for me on Saturday. Cowden are a very good side and their league position doesn't reflect their true quality and the way they want to play the game. Bollanball will go on a run after this victory, mark my words.

Cowdenbeath 3-0 Stenhousemuir.