Jump to content

Ross county v St Mirren (w**k v Good guy)


Recommended Posts

Just now, Rcfc fan said:

Take a look at Liam boyce’s celebration , or lack of against county a few weeks ago pure class act and a mark of respect to a club that treated him well and gave a platform for a bigger move

Yeah, you are absolutely at it.

If Fraser celebrating in front of his own fans, some distance from the County fans, and in turn a celebration that didn't happen until he was running away from County fans, is what has boiled your piss then I'm guessing you are easily riled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, you are absolutely at it.

If Fraser celebrating in front of his own fans, some distance from the County fans, and in turn a celebration that didn't happen until he was running away from County fans, is what has boiled your piss then I'm guessing you are easily riled.

Tbh it’s more the celebration he did last time he was in dingwall mixed in with this one , I just know if I was in his position having won the league cup , championship and challenge cup with us as well as being captain I wouldn't celebrate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Tbh it’s more the celebration he did last time he was in dingwall mixed in with this one , I just know if I was in his position having won the league cup , championship and challenge cup with us as well as being captain I wouldn't celebrate.

Got a video to the last celebration, as it's clear our opinions of over exuberant emotion may differ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Did County release him? Or was it a mutual thing?

These things can play a part. 

He rejected an offer of a new contract. Not sure if we offered a lower amount, but it was at a time where we had bit of an exodus. 

Personally don't mind him celebrating, in all honesty anything that takes Mackay closer to the sack is welcomed imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Was Fraser not hounded out by the County boo boys in his final season with them? I seem to recall County fans here being less than complimentary about him.

When we signed him our thread was absolutely chock full of county fans telling us how shite he is and what an awful signing he'd be. Considering he's one of the first names on the teamsheet for us, would walk into their team, and seems to score everytime he's back in Dingwall you can see why it's a bit of a sore point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Erhahon suffers from being one of our youth players so is held to higher standard by some sections of the support.

The lad is very talented indeed and keeps getting better and yet some folk seen to still dislike him.

I think it’s the fact we know he’s got the talent but he rarely shows it consistently. His lack of effort in some games is a real frustration.

if he continues to play the way he is at the moment, he won’t have any supporter on his back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

When we signed him our thread was absolutely chock full of county fans telling us how shite he is and what an awful signing he'd be. Considering he's one of the first names on the teamsheet for us, would walk into their team, and seems to score everytime he's back in Dingwall you can see why it's a bit of a sore point.

In his last season, Fraser was horrific for us and it had looked like he was starting to look like a player more suited to a Championship team, however it looks like a change of scenery was needed to capture that form he showed when he was first with us. 

There is absolutely no issue with him celebrating that goal at all, in fact I would have preferred it if he ran towards were our board and directors were, removed his shirt showing a "Show Racism a Red Card" t-shirt underneath all will staring direct at MacKay.....maybe someone will before we sack him.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I think it’s the fact we know he’s got the talent but he rarely shows it consistently. His lack of effort in some games is a real frustration.

if he continues to play the way he is at the moment, he won’t have any supporter on his back.

Tend to agree. Though we must all be careful not to equate running around a lot with doing well (I'm not saying that's what you're doing here), the visibly increased effort we've seen from EE over the past three games has been a welcome sight.

I suspect Power is the partner he's needed for a while now, and I think the pair of them have the makings of a very good partnership for us. As much as the 3-6-1 is getting the most out of Brophy and McGrath, I dare say it also suits Ethan as well because he has a couple of willing runners right in front of him for those neat forward passes that he's very capable of playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Take a look at Liam boyce’s celebration , or lack of against county a few weeks ago pure class act and a mark of respect to a club that treated him well and gave a platform for a bigger move

That's a completely different situation. Boyce left because there's no way we could have possibly kept hold of him. We let Fraser go (IIRC), so I don't see any reason for him to hold back against us.

What a thing to get worked up about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marcus Fraser helped us win our only major trophy in our history he can celebrate how he wants against us he's earned that. Maybe we should be more concerned with why none of our players can defend well enough to stop him scoring against us and directing our displeasure at that?

I said at the time a squad filled with loan players won't be up to it. Winless with piss poor attendances and no recognised goal scorer in the team. Surely the Malky defenders are running out of excuses.

Baldwin and Maynard-Brewer for the third goal by the way, wow. Worst I've seen, I'd bring back Jordi Balk and Tim Dreesen over this lot.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fraser is a weird one.

He was great to begin with, then was horrific at CB, then got put back to RB and had decent games here and there but never ever looked like the player he once was. A section of our fans gave him pelters on a regular basis and I don't think he has a lot of time for our fans due to this.

Him leaving isn't like Boyce, where nobody really wanted him to go. I think virtually all of us realized Fraser's time was done up here but I for one wish him well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/10/2021 at 09:22, Rcfc fan said:

Take a look at Liam boyce’s celebration , or lack of against county a few weeks ago pure class act and a mark of respect to a club that treated him well and gave a platform for a bigger move

Is that the one where he turns to the county fans and makes crying gestures to show how sorry he is to have scored against his old club 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/10/2021 at 09:24, Ric said:

Yeah, you are absolutely at it.

If Fraser celebrating in front of his own fans, some distance from the County fans, and in turn a celebration that didn't happen until he was running away from County fans, is what has boiled your piss then I'm guessing you are easily riled.

Yup, not celebating a goal is one of these new things that an old fogey like me doesn't like although I do remember Denis Law doing similar back in the 70s when he scored for City against United the day they (United) were relegated, so maybe it's not that new.

Edited by btb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Is that the one where he turns to the county fans and makes crying gestures to show how sorry he is to have scored against his old club 

Yeah, There was a lot more to it than just it being against his old club though. A well known and respected County fan had just passed away and Boyce was aware of that and that definitely played a part in his apologetic reaction to scoring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Girth said:

Saw the highlights...County look horrendous. 

How come Malkolini hasn't been punted yet?

 

A number of factors, including, but not limited to:

it's a long-term project
high player turnover in the summer
pre-season disrupted by covid
tough opening fixtures
we're not getting routinely hammered
the chairman stuck his neck out on a controversial appointment

However, there's no getting away from the fact this is our worst ever start to a league campaign. Ross County managers have been sacked for much less. Unless we see a marked improvement in the next two games, hopefully that'll be an end to Mackay's sorry tenure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...