Jump to content

Ross county v St Mirren (w**k v Good guy)


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Biscuits said:
16 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Well we made harder work of that than we needed to.
3 points and we move on but our players look unfit.

Whit????

In that second half we had players cramping up with 20 minutes to go.

Tanser and McGrath were blowing out of their arses and most of the team looked dead on their feet.

They hit the post twice and Jak had to be at his best to keep them out. so we rode our luck a bit at the end of a game where we had been miles ahead in the first half.

Jim accepted that as well - that at 3-1 we started to coast a bit. You can't ever do that at this level because the teams are too evenly matched.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd imagine County fans being pretty annoyed with that, as McKay's changes at half time really made an impact and if he had made them earlier I'm not sure if we'd have taken all three points, and perhaps not even one.

The annoyance for them, btw, is that despite losing he can go to McGregor and give it the "we're nearly there" speech. When I feel many would prefer him to take a few heavy tankings, in order to get him out of the door, and see what damage remains once he's gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

I wonder why McFadden and Foster on Sportscene, never mentioned the fact that County’s goal from the free kick, was a deflected fluke, but they were at pains to point out the keeper should have saved Brophy’s rocket shot goal. A pair of p***ks the two of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I wonder why McFadden and Foster on Sportscene, never mentioned the fact that County’s goal from the free kick, was a deflected fluke, but they were at pains to point out the keeper should have saved Brophy’s rocket shot goal. A pair of p***ks the two of them.

Two keepers wouldn't have saved that. He absolutely hammered it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Ryan Flynn seemed to enjoy goal number 3 yesterday.

Screenshot_20211017-095441_BBC iPlayer.jpg

Screenshot_20211017-095422_BBC iPlayer.jpg

Noticed at the time, he was howling.

We missed Ethan when he went off injured, Flynn looked miles off the pace, which is understandable. Lack of game time and he came on just when County really put us under pressure.

Erhahon is getting better every week, hope he's back for next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Noticed at the time, he was howling.

We missed Ethan when he went off injured, Flynn looked miles off the pace, which is understandable. Lack of game time and he came on just when County really put us under pressure.

Erhahon is getting better every week, hope he's back for next week.

Erhahon suffers from being one of our youth players so is held to higher standard by some sections of the support.

The lad is very talented indeed and keeps getting better and yet some folk seen to still dislike him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Disappointed (again) to see ex county captain and player of 6 years including 3 trophies , Marcus Fraser celebrating like he’d won the World Cup 

Footballers refusing to celebrate a goal against their former club is a horrendous trait and all too common. Marcus Fraser did the right thing, as he often does, however not quite in the manner you suggest.

The only time a player should not celebrate is if they intend to do that cringeworthy love-heart thing or kiss the badge. Both of which should be a bookable offence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure whether I just missed it or not, but for me he didn't over-celebrate at all, in fact for a man who scores few goals (he's a defender, that's fine) and to be scoring against a team you used to play for I thought he was pretty dignified not to do a "giruy" to the home fans directly behind the goal he scored in.

I'd suggest @Rcfc fan is either taking the piss or didn't bother watching his reaction and is just guessing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Footballers refusing to celebrate a goal against their former club is a horrendous trait and all too common. Marcus Fraser did the right thing, as he often does, however not quite in the manner you suggest.

The only time a player should not celebrate is if they intend to do that cringeworthy love-heart thing or kiss the badge. Both of which should be a bookable offence. 

Take a look at Liam boyce’s celebration , or lack of against county a few weeks ago pure class act and a mark of respect to a club that treated him well and gave a platform for a bigger move

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...