Ross county v St Mirren (w**k v Good guy)

FT 2-3
Phew, huge three points. We’ve went away to Livi and County and we’ve beaten them both. It’s quite a run we are on and we’ve put some proper day light between us and the bottom two. We are now 10 points clear of 11th after nine games, superb.
Second half we started on top and should have killed it, but we were wasteful when in good positions.
Then County made a couple of subs and the game changed completely. They started to dominate and their second was deserved when it came.
Then it was nervy. County hit the post, half hearted penalty claim (it wasn’t one) and seemed like they had about twenty corners.
But like last against Livi, we dug in, done enough, saw it out and won the game. We’ve just got that bit of street smart about us now.
Power good again, Captain Joe good again, Fraser good again. It’s the experienced back bone that we have that’s winning games for us.
Good times. Onto Rangers in Paisley next week, looking for our fourth win in a row.

Good result and we are on a decent run now. Jim does need to find a way to get 90 minutes out of this team though, because when we are good, we are very good, but that last 40 minutes was awful. We seem to spend the second half of every game either fighting back or clinging on. Would be nice if things could just be comfortable for once!

I think the game swung on those County subs, and also McGrath went off a cliff, tiredness-wise. The past 10 days he's had were bound to take their toll. Without his energy and movement, County dominated.

Hilarious penalty appeal from Hungbo, by the way. To be fair, the only reason it might have been given was because the ref had been giving them that sort of shite all afternoon. 🤷‍♂️

That said, what a game that was. Generally really entertaining. I hope Tanser's hamstring is ok because he didn't look massively happy with that.

Should have finished the game off just after half time but fair play to County, yous showed up and gave us a hell of a doing for long parts of that 2nd half. We'd have drawn or lost that in previous times but this team are a tough nut to crack.

Shaughnessy was immense again, Tanser, Power brilliant. Millar was playing well but tailed off with about 20 to go. Brophy is just a machine, chasing back with 5 minutes to go in our half.

Worth remembering it has taken our manager 2 seasons to mould the team into this.

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think the game swung on those County subs, and also McGrath went off a cliff, tiredness-wise. The past 10 days he's had were bound to take their toll. Without his energy and movement, County dominated.

Hilarious penalty appeal from Hungbo, by the way. To be fair, the only reason it might have been given was because the ref had been giving them that sort of shite all afternoon. 🤷‍♂️

That said, what a game that was. Generally really entertaining. I hope Tanser's hamstring is ok because he didn't look massively happy with that.

Even more hilarious from Craigen saying well folk can't complain if it was given. Eh whit.

3 wins on the bounce, don’t care much about how we got them it’s results that matter. Marcus Fraser loves a goal in Dingwall [emoji3]. Enjoy your sat night fellow buds.
Especially those who travelled up in good numbers. Its been a few years since I stayed over in Inverness and made a proper weekend of it.

I think we hit the woodwork 3 times. Would a draw have been a fair result?

Downside is we gave ourselves an uphill struggle after the first half performance and mistakes cost us, especially for the third goal. What is even more frustrating is we got ourselves back into the game and then we concede again almost straight away to go 1-3 down.

It seems the story of our season so far, play well in patches but errors come back to haunt us.