Ross county v St Mirren (w**k v Good guy)

If it's any consolation, most of our players "are a suitable enough colour" for MacKay not to get outraged. We'll see if Erhahon plays, if so we might need to "white-face" him meanwhile there is a chance that Dunne will be on the bench, so I'm thinking maybe a blanket over him of something?

To continue on this tedious 'analogy' I'm guessing we will be wearing our away strip. Nothing to do with kit clashes, as it seems that MacKay will be visibly distressed by seeing black and white in such close proximity.

Right, with that out of the way, in terms of the game the international break came at the best time for County imo. It sounds (not sure if this is correct or not) that County are improving but could have done with a spare week or two to work on it in training, which is exactly what they got. If the manager has any sense (and we've seen that he has little of that) then he will be impressing on them that the break is the opportunity to "start afresh" and the like. For us, it's sort of the opposite, we've had our teething problems with this system and it very much looked like it wasn't going to work (..even now it's far from perfect) however we pushed past that and are now seeing the results on field. We'd have much preferred continuing on, as we had momentum, and that break may have tempered it somewhat.

In short, I feel County will be at their most dangerous this Saturday. They'll be revitalised and reinvigorated (if the manager is doing their job right) and keen to get that first win after the pressure release of a week away. Us, meanwhile, will need to get back up to speed, speed that will have no doubt lessened over that same week away.

Edited by Ric

Before Jim we had a poor record up there, but we won both of our Dingwall games last season.
The last game between us was post split when we had nothing to play for and County were fighting for their lives, we went up the road and beat them 3-1. They were hopeless and looked very much like a relegated team to me then.
I was surprised as anyone when they won their final three games following and got tenth.
A lot of bizarre stuff has happened with County since, on and off the park. Their next three games are us, Livi and Dundee. Surely Malky can’t survive if they don’t win at least one of them.
We’ve been doing just fine and have found a bit of consistency in results and selection. Expect us to name an unchanged team for the third game in a row.
We are unbeaten in five games and have won our last two. We don’t often win three games in a row in the top flight, but this is a good chance to do so and put some proper daylight between us and the bottom three.
Draw probably the most likely outcome though. Stops County’s losing run and keeps our unbeaten run going.
1-1

On 12/10/2021 at 13:20, Coventry Saint said:

We'll stick to the 3-6-1 that seems to be finding a bit of a groove at the moment. Ronan and McGrath playing off Brophy/ahead of Erhahon   & Power.

I really, really want Brophy to start finding his range. He's played well and I like him a lot: sooner or later he's going to top bin a couple and hopefully that'll help him relax a bit.

Is Brophy just firing shots in from all angles? I like Brophy but I never felt he was really a calm and composed striker.  A lot of his goals for us did seem to come a bit from the element of surprise.

Is the young boy Jay Henderson getting much game time this season?

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Is Brophy just firing shots in from all angles? I like Brophy but I never felt he was really a calm and composed striker.  A lot of his goals for us did seem to come a bit from the element of surprise.

Is the young boy Jay Henderson getting much game time this season?

Brophy does like a shot from distance, to be fair it makes a change having someone willing to take a shot on. I like him, he is quite instinctive though and has missed a few sitters, often when he has too much time to think about it.

Young Jay hasn't even been on the bench since about the 2nd or 3rd week of the league season, wouldn't surprise me to see him go out on loan.

On 13/10/2021 at 19:50, Hendo said:

Brophy does like a shot from distance, to be fair it makes a change having someone willing to take a shot on. I like him, he is quite instinctive though and has missed a few sitters, often when he has too much time to think about it.

Brophy is the Scottish Alex Schalk. Give him time, space and something to think about and he'll drag it wide or blast it miles over the bar. Give him no time and just let him hit it and there's a decent chance it'll go in.

On 13/10/2021 at 09:11, Ric said:

If it's any consolation, most of our players "are a suitable enough colour" for MacKay not to get outraged. We'll see if Erhahon plays, if so we might need to "white-face" him meanwhile there is a chance that Dunne will be on the bench, so I'm thinking maybe a blanket over him of something?

To continue on this tedious 'analogy' I'm guessing we will be wearing our away strip. Nothing to do with kit clashes, as it seems that MacKay will be visibly distressed by seeing black and white in such close proximity.

Right, with that out of the way, in terms of the game the international break came at the best time for County imo. It sounds (not sure if this is correct or not) that County are improving but could have done with a spare week or two to work on it in training, which is exactly what they got. If the manager has any sense (and we've seen that he has little of that) then he will be impressing on them that the break is the opportunity to "start afresh" and the like. For us, it's sort of the opposite, we've had our teething problems with this system and it very much looked like it wasn't going to work (..even now it's far from perfect) however we pushed past that and are now seeing the results on field. We'd have much preferred continuing on, as we had momentum, and that break may have tempered it somewhat.

In short, I feel County will be at their most dangerous this Saturday. They'll be revitalised and reinvigorated (if the manager is doing their job right) and keen to get that first win after the pressure release of a week away. Us, meanwhile, will need to get back up to speed, speed that will have no doubt lessened over that same week away.

A mate of mine from the south coast once told me about Mark McGhee’s attitude towards players of colour. It was quite an eye-opener. Don’t know if he’s on here, I’ll need to ask him. Certainly took me by surprise though.