1881 Scottish Cup Final Rematch - DFC vs QP

Never had any problems with the stream, managed to log in a buy 5mins before kick-off and worked perfectly over here in the states. 

A fantastic result, I don’t think Muir was seriously challenged the whole game. I still think some of our passing was rather slack and aimless at times, maybe slightly rushed. Brown excelled for me though and if he ever adds finishing to his game he’ll stroll this league. 

It’s incredible to think we are without Grant, Quitongo, Connell and Murray, if we ever get to full strength I think we should really be challenging for the league title.

0-0 at half time was the right result. Close game with both teams having possession but no killer final ball or great shot testing the keeper.

3-0 at full time was the right result. Didnt see what Cook gave the penalty for but when it went in our arse collapsed. We made mistakes at the back for the 2nd and 3rd goals. We had some scrappy chances to get back into the game but couldn't take them and every time Queens Park came forward in the 2nd half we allowed them to threaten us because the defending was absolutely woeful.

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That’s a concerning result  and performance for me and that’s us now conceded 8 without reply in the last two games. The feel good factor is slowly draining away. 

First half we more than matched Queens Park and I was hopeful that we’d look to build on that and take the game to them in the second half. Unfortunately we done the opposite and our arses collapsed. When your captain gives away a penalty as daft as that then you always going to struggle.

I didn’t like the lineup today and I didn’t like the way we handed Queens Park 3 points without having to get out of 2nd gear. Faz really needs to sort it out before we play an inform Airdrie next weekend.

Bringing Geggan in was a strange one. 

That was a bitterly disappointing second-half performance. Our reaction to falling a goal behind was absolutely abject and, with the goals now not flowing, our rocky looking defence is starting to cost us games.

I enjoyed the first-half. There might not have been many clearcut chances, but it was a closely fought, very competitive, even encounter. And it felt like only a matter of time before there was a goal.

Queen's Park came out flying in the second-half, and from the moment they took the lead absolutely dominated things. They could (and should) have scored a few more and we really couldn't have complained about things if we'd been on the end of another 5-0. Given it was very even at half time that shows the scale of the collapse. 

I wouldn't be against giving Ryan Schiavone a run in the team ahead of Kalvin Orsi who, after Falkirk, hasn't really been in a game for weeks now. Despite us firing two blanks in a row now, the issues are clearly defensive.

The penalty was clumsy (for a second week in a row from Carsy) and the defending for the second and third goals, although very well worked, was far too weak. I've expected more from Buchanan and McGeever in recent weeks, and we have toiled a bit at full-back all season. 

Fair play to Queen's Park though. They were fantastic against us at Firhill, and I thought they were near enough flawless in the second half today. They created chances, kept things tight at the back, moved the ball well and managed the game really professionally. Given they still have Luca Connell and Simon Murray on the sidelines, I'd put decent money on them lifting the league this season. Laurie Ellis is a really impressive manager as well. So far he looks like a very shrewd appointment.

We were clinical when it mattered, with several important players missing, even when we didn't play especially well. Delighted with the result and it was really good to see both McHugh and Longstaff get their goals.

I also feel that Lewis Moore deserves a bit of credit. He was one of our better players last week against Killie, and looked excellent again today when he came on. I know our midfield is very strong, and we've got some phenomenal players in that area, but I'd like to see him start against Alloa next week. Maybe it's not a coincidence that he was part of our winning run at the start of the season?

After snatching draws from the jaws of victory, this was very welcome. Brown and Robson special mentions for me.

This from the Ministry of Truth last night:

On the squad front the gaffer confirmed that Jake Davidson is now available again for selection having spent a number of months battling back from the injury sustained against Cove Rangers at Firhill in early August. Laurie added that Stuart Morrison has continued to make good progress in his rehab, stepping this up with a returning to training with the squad this week, however the game comes too soon for him to be considered for selection.

So no Murray and Connell in the squad, and no mention in the post-match interview. However I do have a notification that we have a strategic partnership with Call Robert Repair Centre.

Happy with that one, we weren’t particularly amazing but I’ll never complain with 3-0 victories. First half was a bit of a non event but once we scored the opener, we never looked back and it could of easily been 4 or 5 by the 90. 

Murray and Connell missing pre match was concerning, especially when seeing Connell in the stands with a boot around his foot, hopefully nothing too serious. Again, there’s genuinely no point in publishing a match preview if there’s no mention of your 2 top players being unavailable, alongside zero mention on the progress of Will Baynham. 

Besides that, it was pleasing to see two attackers getting on the scoresheet. I’m still nowhere near convinced with Mchugh as he needs to start delivering the goals a lot more regularly but delighted for him nonetheless as it should do him the world of good with his confidence. As previously mentioned, Moore has looked really bright the last couple matches and I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing him start next week also. 

The only real talking point at half-time was “where’s a goal coming from” as neither team had offered any real threat. Queen’s insisted with swinging in balls from either side but as in previous games, two big defenders v one average attacker produced hee-haw in terms of goal drama. 

Second half started in a similar fashion but even on a dull day you’re hoping for an individual flash and Longridge, who had been fitful thus far, used his pace and guile to gain us a penalty. After a nice 1-2 with the goalie Gil managed a flying header into the net. Moore’s introduction made an impact and suddenly the direct passing game was back on. A beautifully flighted long pass by Robson saw big Foxy, who along with Kilday had elected to stay up after a short free-kick, steer a header toward goal. From where I was it looked to be going wide and then up popped Bob to claim his prize. A good poacher’s goal and hopefully the first of many.

By the time Longstaff joined in Dumbarton looked near finished. The youngster had a tough shift at Killie but with Moore and Brown both moving the ball well he was a much better offer and another bit of silky skill from Longridge, taking big Geevs out of it, left the Liverpool lad with space and he finished like Firmino. Brown had the best of what was left but still can’t pass the ball into the net like he can across the pitch. Enhance your calm, Liam.

A wee mention for Kilday who’s struggled the last few games but looked very steady yesterday. As a famous ex-Queensparker once said, attack wins you games, defence wins you titles. Good performance all round, great result. Cove and Falkirk fans would love to have an average day like this.

14 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The penalty was clumsy (for a second week in a row from Carsy)

Just seen the highlights and its Joe McKee that's pulling the player back that commits the penalty offence I think.

He's never a wide midfielder.  

I noticed after the 2nd goal that paddy and Bucky were asking the linesman which of the back 4 had played Queens onside, seems to have been Edin.

Stevie again picked quite a cautious line up with 4 centre mids, none of which would run at their opponent with the ball much.

Queens were really worth the victory and I thought Brown and Longridge were excellent again.

11 hours ago, qpfc said:

Murray and Connell missing pre match was concerning, especially when seeing Connell in the stands with a boot around his foot, hopefully nothing too serious. Again, there’s genuinely no point in publishing a match preview if there’s no mention of your 2 top players being unavailable, alongside zero mention on the progress of Will Baynham. 

I can understand why nothing was said in the preview about Connell and Murray, why advertise to your opponent that two of your most potent goal threats are going to be missing?

Agree with the point about Baynham, the veil of secrecy about him, Grant and Quitongo is baffling and infuriating in equal measure.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

I can understand why nothing was said in the preview about Connell and Murray, why advertise to your opponent that two of your most potent goal threats are going to be missing?

Agree with the point about Baynham, the veil of secrecy about him, Grant and Quitongo is baffling and infuriating in equal measure.

Indeed, but the time for information was surely in the post match interview when either the obvious questions were never asked,  edited out, or the interviewer was warned off.

Right chuffed with yesterday. Not much to say about the first half. Cross balls to McHugh isn’t very inventive. He got a few flicks but none with any conviction.

We looked liked a professional outfit in the second half. Dumbarton chucked it after the second really. Longridge assist for the third goal was lovely 🤤 

We’ve got McHugh, super Bob McHugh… 

My only moan is time wasting in the corner 3-0 up. What a joke that is 😂

5W 5D 0L 👍👏🏁

Edited by QPSpider1867

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Right chuffed with yesterday. Not much to say about the first half. Cross balls to McHugh isn’t very inventive. He got a few flicks but none with any conviction.

We looked liked a professional outfit in the second half. Dumbarton chucked it after the second really. Longridge assist for the third goal was lovely 🤤 

We’ve got McHugh, super Bob McHugh… 

My only moan is time wasting in the corner 3-0 up. What a joke that is 😂

5W 5D 0L 👍👏🏁

The time wasting was really strange... everyone else on the park and in the stand knew the game was comfortably won

Btw...that strip is absolutely honking

22 hours ago, qpfc said:

could of

Nothing to do with the game but why do people write and say could of, should of etc? It's a horribly tin-eared expression. It ought to be "could have" - shortened to could've, if you must.

For comparison, does anyone at all say "I of done this?" rather than "I have done this?" No.

1 hour ago, rockson said:

Nothing to do with the game but why do people write and say could of, should of etc? It's a horribly tin-eared expression. It ought to be "could have" - shortened to could've, if you must.

For comparison, does anyone at all say "I of done this?" rather than "I have done this?" No.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

2 hours ago, rockson said:

51afif.jpg