1881 Scottish Cup Final Rematch - DFC vs QP

Despite our league position, we're still not settled yet. It's a lot like last season actually, defence pretty stable and the main reason we are top - just seven goals against in nine games. The balance between middle and front is the challenge although to be fair most games we've dominated possession and shots attempted. We're fine-tuning really but there's an uncanny amount of nervousness and shaking of confidence, on and off the park. Can't really call this one yet. Looking forward to it though. 

56 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Despite our league position, we're still not settled yet. It's a lot like last season actually, defence pretty stable and the main reason we are top - just seven goals against in nine games.  

5 of those 7 have come in our past 3 matches though, which is slightly concerning. It seems to me that we're really missing Morrison (and in particular his pace) at the back, and I'm really hoping he'll be fit again as soon as possible.

I’ve no idea how we’ll lineup this game in all honesty, certainly some decisions to be made throughout the team. Our last encounter against Dumbarton has arguably been our finest and most complete performance. We had longridge up top with Murray that day and he caused all sorts of problems, yet we’ve not reverted to that since. Mchugh starting just hasn’t helped at all, he’s been slightly better than his usual but the bar is so low for him at this stage. Kilday looks completely out of sorts, which is a shame as he’s clearly a very capable defender for this level but he’s been rushed back into the team with so many injuries in defence

Id go for this:

Muir 

Doyle   Kilday(Morrison if fit) Fox   Robson

Gillespie 

Brown                     Connell

Smith 

Murray                Longridge 

7 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Aye. We don't insist that you buy e-tickets then spam you with marketing pish until you opt out.

Old school turnstiles. 

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd rather have the ticket on my phone. I generally never have cash on me these days, so while it's not the end of the world, having to lift 20 quid then being stuck with some change is a very slight pain in the arse.

Looking forward to this today. If we're going to pick up all 3 points I think it's important that we stop trying to play Murray out wide, which in turn would likely mean dropping McHugh. I'd be keen to see Longridge up there with him like in the first Dumbarton game, where we probably looked at our most threatening all season.

19 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Aye. We don't insist that you buy e-tickets then spam you with marketing pish until you opt out.

Old school turnstiles. 

Old school indeed. 

Just make sure you have cold hard shillings cause we don’t have modern technology. Once you actually get through the turnstile everything turns black and white.

7 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd rather have the ticket on my phone. I generally never have cash on me these days, so while it's not the end of the world, having to lift 20 quid then being stuck with some change is a very slight pain in the arse.

You can just donate the entire 20 quid to us, if change is an issue 😉

Looking forward to this today. If we're going to pick up all 3 points I think it's important that we stop trying to play Murray out wide, which in turn would likely mean dropping McHugh. I'd be keen to see Longridge up there with him like in the first Dumbarton game, where we probably looked at our most threatening all season.
You could save up the change until you have enough to pay into a match. 16 pound coins.

The Dumbarton stream website is an absolute shanner. Not showing the live event on the homepage, you can find it by searching for "Queen's Park", however on my laptop it isn't giving me the option to actually start the stream, but on my phone it is. Bad enough trying to watch a zoomed out pixelot camera on a laptop screen...

Edited by Dave

That’s a concerning result  and performance for me and that’s us now conceded 8 without reply in the last two games. The feel good factor is slowly draining away. 

First half we more than matched Queens Park and I was hopeful that we’d look to build on that and take the game to them in the second half. Unfortunately we done the opposite and our arses collapsed. When your captain gives away a penalty as daft as that then you always going to struggle.

I didn’t like the lineup today and I didn’t like the way we handed Queens Park 3 points without having to get out of 2nd gear. Faz really needs to sort it out before we play an inform Airdrie next weekend.