Clyde vs Montrose

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I've been thinking of Danny's comments about the fans on Saturday.

I'm my opinion he (and the team) got off very lightly. The booing lasted all of three seconds and I heard only one person shout towards the team.

When you compare it to fan fisticuffs with Chapman's assistant and fences being climbed at Cowdenbeath it was very very mild.

For what it's worth, the team and Danny deserved much louder and vociferous booing on Saturday. They were lucky so many fans left before full time.

Perhaps one reason for the lack of reaction was the sheer tiredness and sense of destiny permeating the fan base 10 years on? I stayed until around 80 minutes and if I had not brought a neutral along would have gone much earlier.

Just now, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Perhaps one reason for the lack of reaction was the sheer tiredness and sense of destiny permeating the fan base 10 years on? I stayed until around 80 minutes and if I had not brought a neutral along would have gone much earlier.

I have also cancelled a long planned trip to Cove next week, and I suspect my season ticket will have a healthy balance sitting on it come spring.

1 hour ago, broomiesniper said:

Are the Clyde media team too embarrassed to upload the match highlights?

I think Danny banned it.

Apparently there was one or two people booing, can’t understand why they would be? not sure if the microphone picked it up right enough!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

8 minutes ago, mo83 said:

A know sort it out Clyde! get the highlights up,Quick enough to post highlights when you came from 2-0 down to draw with us last time.

We only posted the highlights that Montrose uploaded. 

Edited by C. Muir

Five, count 'em, five goals for the glorious Mo.

Missed the first goal on Saturday as I wasn’t even in my seat yet but brilliant movement, overhead kick and first time finish. Our defence though made it all too easy.

The rest of the goals are just horrific, school boy stuff. Absolutely roasted down the flanks, balatoni has had a shocker and is at fault for at least 3 of the goals. (Just look at how far he is from his man on the 5th).

The cheap way we lost possession by splaine for the 4th and Jones for the 5th is pathetic.

We made Montrose look like Real Madrid, utterly hapless.

23 hours ago, PortyMo said:

A bit harsh. Didn't see yesterday's game but was ar Queens Park a couple of weeks back. I thought he looked decent. Some really good runs making a real nuisance of himself. 

He did well in the lead up to the first goal but watch his reaction after the 4th goal … he was gutted that Lewis had the temerity to score when he could’ve passed to him.  I suspect Keatings has an attitude problem. 

1 hour ago, Paul Kersey said:

Five, count 'em, five goals for the glorious Mo.

You don’t even see the Montrose keeper in the highlights

You just about see him but Splaine f**** it up by losing the ball before the 4th goal

Goals even worse watching back than remember first time round

On 17/10/2021 at 15:00, TxRover said:

Just wondering how involved/useful Keatings looked versus Clyde? I know he was playing during all the goals, but is he showing any signs of adding anything to the team?

Watching the highlights back there, he played a delightful ball in the lead up to the first goal, was unlucky with a shot at the near post, where the keeper makes a great save and he was slightly disappointed that he never received the pass, whilst wide open as Milne slots home his second.

As I said on Twitter, I thought that Saturday was his best performance for Montrose so far. 

9 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

He did well in the lead up to the first goal but watch his reaction after the 4th goal … he was gutted that Lewis had the temerity to score when he could’ve passed to him.  I suspect Keatings has an attitude problem. 

Attitude problem going by his reaction on the 4th goal? Behave yourself!

He is probably just gagging to score for the club hence why he was brought to the club to score goals which unfortunately for him at the moment hasn't happened.

Those goals are horrific. We have 3 players ball watching at the first goal and the Montrose number 7 ghosts past the lot of them to put the ball in the box.

The 3rd goal is so poor and completely half hearted in trying to clear the ball.

Splaine passes straight to the Montrose player for the 4th then makes no effort to make up for the mistake. He's jogging back to the centre circle while the Montrose player he passed the ball to is at the edge of our box.

Easily one of the worst performances I've seen from Clyde at Broadwood. [emoji2961]

Special mention for Rumsby claiming a Clyde ball when it was nowhere near going out of play, then getting absolutely rinsed by Lyons when chasing back. Only a good save from Parry preventing another laughably bad conceded goal.

The first goal is a direct result of playing Rumsby at right back. He's tucked in too far because of his natural inclinations and the Montrose 10 has all the space he wants to to get his shot off.

I actually think that second goal is superb, what a ball from the right back up to Webster and the same with the subsequent cross in - straight into the 'corridor of uncertainty'. Balatoni should have done better as an experienced centre half right enough.

The rest of the game was absolute amateur hour. Although Keatings didn't score I thought he done well up there dragging out defence about.

We were garbage but I really like Montrose and hope they do well this season. Great squad.