Clyde vs Montrose

On 11/10/2021 at 13:03, David W said:

If there are two teams who are due to give us an absolute thumping, then it's Montrose and Cove. Seven games unbeaten against those two and very much second best for much of those matches.

That said, we have picked up positive results at Broadwood this season so you'd give us half a chance. Gomis will surely be back in the side. 

You have the gift of second sight my friend!

17 hours ago, Adam said:

That was fucking dreadful today, I genuinely feel for Rumsby, what the f**k was Danny Lennon thinking?

We’re a quarter of the season in and I don’t think he knows who his best XI is. Signings have been woeful.

With Cove, Falkirk and Dumbarton in our next three games, and East Fife picking up form, I have the gear we’ll be bottom before too long.

If you're bottom before too long you're going to need that "gear"...

Not gloating at the score but please for help.

Our diehard fan Hamish Brannen left Montrose at 12:20 yesterday heading to the match. He never made the match and hasn't returned home.

Some of you might know Hamish. He is the old lad who sings on his own for the entire match. He is 60 years old and has learning difficulties.  If anyone saw Hamish in the vicinity of Cumbernauld yesterday please get in touch. 

Not gloating at the score but please for help.
Our diehard fan Hamish Brannen left Montrose at 12:20 yesterday heading to the match. He never made the match and hasn't returned home.
Some of you might know Hamish. He is the old lad who sings on his own for the entire match. He is 60 years old and has learning difficulties.  If anyone saw Hamish in the vicinity of Cumbernauld yesterday please get in touch. 

Hope he’s OK and someone has spotted him at some point during the day.

41 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just wondering how involved/useful Keatings looked versus Clyde? I know he was playing during all the goals, but is he showing any signs of adding anything to the team?

May simply be a lack of match fitness but so far I’d have to say no. One shot on target (yesterday) in 3 starts does not a striker make. 

6 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

May simply be a lack of match fitness but so far I’d have to say no. One shot on target (yesterday) in 3 starts does not a striker make. 

Right, agree there, but is he offering any distraction, holding play, distribution or anything else?

On 16/10/2021 at 17:04, Clydeside said:

They could've taken us for eight in the way they did some eleven years ago. And we could've had no complaints.

11 years ago?? no way! 

heads off to google it..... 

Edited by maz1974
typo

1 hour ago, maz1974 said:

11 years ago?? no way! 

heads off to google it..... 

Hard to believe eh? Gruesome game of football from our point of view. You hope defeats like that will fade in the memory but they're as vivid for me as beating Celtic four years prior.

I agree, that performance on Saturday was long time coming, both in terms of the lack of ability in the team and the unbelievable starting team formation.
What  was more worrying is that Lennon could have altered the formation after 5 mins but did nothing till nearly half time. Even then it was totally inexplicable, formation changes could have been made without making that humiliating substitution. 

Scott Rumsby is, we all know limited in what he can do, but given what he has done for us over the years he did not deserve that! I would still argue that he is still a better basic CH than Balatoni or Elsdon.

Again, as we all know, that is the squad, certainly at least till January, even then we are not exactly placed to bring in. 6-7 new faces of any quality. For one they won’t be available and two we don’t seem to have the cash. Also we don’t seem to have the capability to recognise said players anyway!

Finally, on Danny Lennon’s formation/ tactics on Saturday; once again looks like he overthinks the opposition and over complicates things. He obviously knew Montrose were better than us, that they keep the ball well and are excellent in wide areas. However, I can’t understand why he thought that back four and midfield would combat that? Just put players into in correct position for one thing at least try to keep tight and support Goodwillie. We are limited so just play it simple and to whatever strength we have. Playing 2 LB’s and a CH at RB with Cunningham in front of him was suicidal. Cunningham cannot defend areas at all, leaves space all over the place and opposition just run by him, he has zero awareness. Needs to be up top or nothing else. 

lll stop my rant now.. I could go on n all day!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

I've been thinking of Danny's comments about the fans on Saturday.

I'm my opinion he (and the team) got off very lightly. The booing lasted all of three seconds and I heard only one person shout towards the team.

When you compare it to fan fisticuffs with Chapman's assistant and fences being climbed at Cowdenbeath it was very very mild.

For what it's worth, the team and Danny deserved much louder and vociferous booing on Saturday. They were lucky so many fans left before full time.

22 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

I stumbled across the fact that James Keatings has a better goals to game ratio against us than pretty much any other active player in Scottish football. So if you stick with him until December, he'll eventually break his duck then.

11 goals in 14 games against Dumbarton.