Clyde vs Montrose

Something is seriously wrong at the club,definitely, I just don’t get what’s happened since we won the playoffs, it’s baffling.

Signings are just a mile off! Added to that the fact that Lennon seems to have an attack of the space jams, totally lost any idea of how to spit a player, set up a side, make substitutions. Today was regression straight back to Miller and Chapman.. that side will 100% be relegated no doubt about it.

I haven’t said it till now, but yes I do think Danny should go, thanks for getting us out of L2 but you’ve had your chance. No pleasure in saying it!

Has been painfully obvious, all season, that the current squad is outs it's depth. Goodwillie's fantastic run of 10 goals in 6 games helped us get some decent results but it really was just papering over the cracks.

Today was just as bad as anything under Millar, Ferguson or any other garbage manager we've had over the last 10+ years.

Lennon got the team wrong today and he's entirely at fault for the huge deficiencies in the squad.

The amount of wages that have been wasted is frightening. The fact that he favoured Rumsby over Mortimer or Munro at right back says it all.

Utter garbage, Montrose won't have an easier game all season.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Something is seriously wrong at the club,definitely, I just don’t get what’s happened since we won the playoffs, it’s baffling.

Signings are just a mile off! Added to that the fact that Lennon seems to have an attack of the space jams, totally lost any idea of how to spit a player, set up a side, make substitutions. Today was regression straight back to Miller and Chapman.. that side will 100% be relegated no doubt about it.

I haven’t said it till now, but yes I do think Danny should go, thanks for getting us out of L2 but you’ve had your chance. No pleasure in saying it!

It is fairly obvious what has went wrong.  The signings year on year have got worse and worse.

Whether than is to do with budget or the ability of DL to spot a player I dont know.  Probably a combination of the both.  But DL has got his player selection wrong more often than not.

The fact that some signings made this year are now out on loan at other clubs says it all.  It you werent going to play them what the point in signing them.  Much better to go with 14 good players than 20-22 of dross.

Just look at the team that won the play off v what dross we had the park today; Currie, Cuddihy, McNiff, Lang, Rumsby, Grant, Lamont, McStay, Goodwillie, Syvertsen, Banks (throw in Rankin who was injured for that game but would have played says it all).

3 players from then played today.  How many of the other 8 would have been picked ahead of what we had a couple of years ago.  Not many.

Football is all about progression but we have regressed since being promoted each year. 

Though must admit today was probably an all time low from DL.  Worst performance have seen in a long time.  Montrose are a good team but they werent even good today and could have easily scored another 3 or 4 goals but for good goalkeeping, the woodwork and poor finishing.  They didnt have to work hard for any of their goals.

Edited by Bullyweeno1

In a game where we had several abysmal performances on the pitch, amazingly none of them came close to being as bad as Lennon today.

He'd at least tried to address his appalling starting line up with two changes but what on earth possessed him to put Jones on when Cunningham got injured, I've no idea. 

I actually think Jones, if used correctly and sparingly, could occasionally be a useful player. But, at a time when we were kind of edging ourselves into the game, replacing a left winger with another striker was mental.

He could have stuck Mortimer on the wing, or put Mortimer/Munro at rightback and Cuddihy back to midfield. Instead he abandoned the idea of having anyone on the left side of the pitch and the performance became even worse than it had started out.

He also seems to have forgotten that Gomis wasn't really working in a deep midfield role. Before he mysteriously missed a game (for which we typically weren't told why) and then was only on the bench, he actually had a couple of games as a pressing midfielder - playing high up the park, putting the opposition under pressure and nicking the ball from them in good positions. He's too slow and ponderous at times to play deep but Lennon again completely forgets what he's seen before.

I'm not quite at the point of calling for Lennon to be sacked but I would be glad if he decided to walk away now.

One small aside: he made a few decent saves today but I wouldn't be sorry if we dropped Parry for Bradley-Hurst for a game or two. It's always harsh to judge a keeper playing behind an awful defence but his reactions seem a bit slow at times and his kicking is atrocious. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Good result in the end, should have been 7 or 8. 

(that was sarcastic obviously) 

Folk saying lennon out? yes this was his fault his tactics were awful. But who is going to come in and do a better job?? If you can give me a reasonable name I will take you up on that offer. 

Enjoy the journey up the road monty fans

Wonder how much money we actually got for Mitchell (probably not much) nice to see that making an impact to our season, would have thought we would have brought in someone after the loanees going out but. I know I said it earlier but we need to get this recruitment “team” in the bin as absolutely nothing has came of them and don’t even want to think about the money they have wasted.

Montrose:

1. Have consistently played in the same manner under Petrie and signed players to fit that.

2. Have retained players year to year. 

3. Started today with three established players on loan (Ballantyne, Lyons, Keatings).

Clyde:

1. Have chopped and changed pretty much any time we have had a poor result (Plan B indeed). It was blatantly obvious in the summer that regardless of quality, one half of the squad didn't match the other. 

2. Have not retained players, including those who chose to stay part-time but move elsewhere. There's Howie sitting on the bench again.

3. Started today with one weak, ineffective loanee who is as bad as the guys we have shipped to the Lowland League. 

Edited by David W

That was fucking dreadful today, I genuinely feel for Rumsby, what the f**k was Danny Lennon thinking?

We’re a quarter of the season in and I don’t think he knows who his best XI is. Signings have been woeful.

With Cove, Falkirk and Dumbarton in our next three games, and East Fife picking up form, I have the gear we’ll be bottom before too long.

Can anyone fill me in on what happened with Lennon and clapping back at the fans? I’ve just listened to the post match there and he’s on about it. I’d left at 5-0 (should’ve gone before then tbh), but I feel as if things like that reflect the malaise around the club and it’s only down from here.

Remember we were told that the recruitment was down to Lennon and that the aspiration was to be competing for the play-offs at the other end. That seems laughable, but if that’s the aspiration, then Lennon’s jacket is very much on the proverbial shoogly peg.

2 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Remember we were told that the recruitment was down to Lennon and that the aspiration was to be competing for the play-offs at the other end. That seems laughable, but if that’s the aspiration, then Lennon’s jacket is very much on the proverbial shoogly peg.

Anyone else who says we are just a few points of play off places are delusional.

We will not be anywhere near the play off places at the end of the season.

I have said from very early in this season that we are nearly guaranteed to go down.

The goals from DGW over the first quarter of the season has papered over the cracks that we have had one of the worst squads in a long time.  I have said that think we will end up with less than 30 points this season.  May end up with slightly more given we have more than what we should have to date.

Today was a result that didnt really surprise me based on what have seen so far this season.

Just listened to Lennon's audio.

He takes full responsibility for square pegs in round holes.

He takes full responsibility for the players signed.

However, the fans expressed their views on the wrong way. We should've all sat down and discussed it with him instead of booing and shouting.

Remember according to his pre-match comments, "Talk is cheap. Anyone can talk a good game. It’s time to get the sleeves rolled up and bring our best.”

Full responsibility? Yes Danny, talk is cheap

Lennon's surely been in the game long enough to know that not only a 0-5 defeat at home, but a completely inept uninterested performance to show, would bring shouts and boos. Can't believe he's came out with a comment like that. 

Woeful from start to finish today and it was getting toxic at times. Ferguson got some stick for clearing squads out and starting again but we could really, really do with it here. 

58 minutes ago, David W said:

Montrose:

1. Have consistently played in the same manner under Petrie and signed players to fit that.

2. Have retained players year to year. 

3. Started today with three established players on loan (Ballantyne, Lyons, Keatings).

Clyde:

1. Have chopped and changed pretty much any time we have had a poor result (Plan B indeed). It was blatantly obvious in the summer that regardless of quality, one half of the squad didn't match the other. 

2. Have not retained players, including those who chose to stay part-time but move elsewhere. There's Howie sitting on the neck again.

3. Started today with one weak, ineffective loanee who is as bad as the guys we have shipped to the Lowland League. 

Well said.

Ooft, between this and the lolkirk fans there's enough seethe to have a massive bath in tonight. Glad we've handed out the thumping we've threatened to dish out at some point (gutted I didn't see it) and hope we haven't spent all our goals for this quarter in one go.

Think Clyde could probably do with a new manager and new ideas. Seems very stale down in the windtunnel.

Im huge fan of DL but todays fan frustrations long time coming and he has got off lightly (massively) compared to Brown. Clark and beyond since ive went from 84

We all have our opinion and rightly so. Could be argued we have lowest budget BUT that doesnt account for releasing Mcniff and signing that defence. Changing midfield every 2 weeks, Playing Rumsby at RB or constamtly settin team up to allow every team to stroll it. 

What a difference when Ally Love came on and he closed down more Monty players in 15min that our full team have done all season

Horrific viewing and if East fife get their finger oot were fucked...

Foreva n eva.

Edited by shawfield shed boy