General SWPL discussion - season 21/22

Thereisalight..

2 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

He definitely got it wrong. It's 3 rounds of games for a total of 27. I heard them say it as well and was confused, but it's definitely 3 rounds. The SWPL social media have said the season is 1/3 done, and that's everyone played each other once now.

Cheers for that. Utterly strange that he made the same point in 2 different games and wasnt pulled up about it by the co commentator. 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cheers for that. Utterly strange that he made the same point in 2 different games and wasnt pulled up about it by the co commentator. 

Yeah it's really odd that no one has picked up on it. You'd expect the broadcaster to have better info!

16 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Anyone heading to Stirling for the SWPL Cup semis on Sunday? I'll be at Glasgow City v Spartans but unfortunately won't be able to stick around for Celtic v Hibs, which on paper should be the better game.

I'm heading that way too, probably for both. :) 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Watching the games on YouTube and holy fck, that camera work certainly makes you feel dizzy

Hibs Hibsing it as usual. Looking like a Glasgow City v celtic final 

Just bought a ticket for the final. Should be a good game, hopefully the parking at Firhill won't be too bad!

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

SWPL site still advertising Glasgow City v Celtic and Rangers v Hamilton on the 28th. Surely these games will be postponed due to the international game on the Fri?

I'd expect them to be postponed. Probably want to get the publicity for the sponsorship out of the way first.

On 08/11/2021 at 20:46, Thereisalight.. said:

Was that the girl that was playing in goals for Partick who scored yesterday? Pretty shit that the SWPL show doesnt show replays of the goals outwith the big games 

I keep forgetting about this thread. 

Yes it was Danica that scored v Hearts. Thrown on up front as a sub and 4 minutes later she scores. 

Outstanding in central defence v Rangers yesterday. 

Been some season for her so far. 

On 22/11/2021 at 14:06, John MacLean said:

I keep forgetting about this thread. 

Yes it was Danica that scored v Hearts. Thrown on up front as a sub and 4 minutes later she scores. 

Outstanding in central defence v Rangers yesterday. 

Been some season for her so far. 

She had a great game on Sunday, as did the rest of the defence. Very good performance. 

Glasgow City 0-1 Celtic Women

Celtic win the SWPL Cup but it was in truth a poor game. Celtic took the lead after 25 minutes and then for some reason decided to sit on it. It only worked out for them because City were extremely wasteful. Not a great final for the 3,645 in attendance but definitely worse ways to spend an early Sunday evening.

20211205_160650.jpg

20211205_161200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...