General SWPL discussion - season 21/22

Thereisalight..

21 hours ago, Marten said:

I've been trying to find info on that one as well as I'm thinking of going there but I also couldn't find any information on tickets etc. Would it normally be pay on the day, even against Celtic?

They dont do pay on the gate but you can buy online according to their Twitter 

On 18/10/2021 at 00:57, Thereisalight.. said:

It's like they learned  nothing from the games with city and celtic last season. Yes I know one game was 0-5, but they treated City like they were Barcelona. Yeah I was suprised Ness didnt get on. Any news on when Howatt and Kerr will be back? Saw them in the stands when the TV panned to them. Definitely could do with those two back. 

Cheers. Where is the final being played? Might go along to it 

On 22/10/2021 at 08:54, Marten said:

Thanks! 👍

Still no ticketing info!  We're effing hopeless at this:

Edit:  You have to have an ST or MyGers points to buy a ticket...

Edited by The_Kincardine

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Still no ticketing info!  We're effing hopeless at this:

Edit:  You have to have an ST or MyGers points to buy a ticket...

4 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Hoping to get along to Rangers v Motherwell next Wednesday, hoping the season ticket / MyGers thing is only for the Old Firm game.

Poor show to only be available to ST holders or mygers members. Hopefully just a case of not wanting Celtic fans there to potentially cause trouble. I wouldnt have minded going along to a game some time so hopefully it's just for this game

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Poor show to only be available to ST holders or mygers members. Hopefully just a case of not wanting Celtic fans there to potentially cause trouble. I wouldnt have minded going along to a game some time so hopefully it's just for this game

I was at a women's Old Firm game at Benburb a couple of years ago and there were less than 100 people there. I know the women's game has garnered a lot more interest since then, but it still seems strange to lock out potentially a decent amount of people, even if it is (and you're probably right) to stop any potential trouble.

12 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I was at a women's Old Firm game at Benburb a couple of years ago and there were less than 100 people there. I know the women's game has garnered a lot more interest since then, but it still seems strange to lock out potentially a decent amount of people, even if it is (and you're probably right) to stop any potential trouble.

Yeah I went to a womens game at Benburb once and there was about 100 folk there max! Rangers played cracking teams in pre season at Auchenhowie - Chelsea and Man Utd and there wasnt restrictions on purchases like this. Surely more folk would want to have seen Chelsea which was full of household names and a few months after their champions league final appearance. Strange one tbh

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah - I know others have gone to previous games and weren't ST holders - so I suspect it's just 'cos it's Celtic.

14 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Not entirely sure of the capacity but I think it's only about 250 - so it will be full.

I assume (hope) that they will have given Celtic tickets for friends/family, too.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah - I know others have gone to previous games and weren't ST holders - so I suspect it's just 'cos it's Celtic.

Not entirely sure of the capacity but I think it's only about 250 - so it will be full.

I assume (hope) that they will have given Celtic tickets for friends/family, too.

I know for the Chelsea and Man Utd games it said on Twitter there was 500 tickets available. Think the wee stand holds a few hundred plus folk can stand at the side of the pitch (beside the stand) 

Any idea if Alba or anywhere online is showing it? 

16 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know for the Chelsea and Man Utd games it said on Twitter there was 500 tickets available. Think the wee stand holds a few hundred plus folk can stand at the side of the pitch (beside the stand) 

Any idea if Alba or anywhere online is showing it? 

I think it's only on RTV - but no mention of it being available for PPV.  If i see any change to that I'll give you a shout.

On 25/10/2021 at 21:48, Craig the Hunter said:

Hoping to get along to Rangers v Motherwell next Wednesday, hoping the season ticket / MyGers thing is only for the Old Firm game.

I assume they'll start selling the tickets for this once Sunday is out of the way, but you'd think such a big team would have the facility to sell for more than one game at a time. I should hopefully be able to get along now it's been confirmed as an 8pm kick off provided the roads aren't too bad with COP26 going on.

ETA: Just saw on the website that these are actually for sale now.

Edited by Craig the Hunter

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Anyone able to advise Where's best to park at the Rangers Training Centre since there's no on site parking available?

I saw online that there is a street nearby that fans park at on match day. It seemingly leads to a housing area and is about a 5 min walk from the centre 

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw online that there is a street nearby that fans park at on match day. It seemingly leads to a housing area and is about a 5 min walk from the centre 

I did see that one on Google Maps and hoped it would be alright to park on. Cheers.

Good battling point for Thistle at Spartans tonight. 

Had to withstand a lot of late pressure but again demonstrated that we are more than merely making up the numbers this season. That's us up to 5th after 8 games. Not too bad given our late elevation to SWPL1. 

Worryingly a few more injuries picked up tonight ahead of a really important game v Hearts at Petershill this coming Sunday 

I finally managed to get along to a game. Nice to see 7 (I think it was) Scotland NT players on the park for rangers, with another 2 still out injured. Good wee set up they have. Thought rangers should have scored a few more. They were dreadful in the final 3rd at times. Also nice to see a couple of youngsters get some game time, one with a lovely assist for the last goal. 

2 hours ago, John MacLean said:

Good battling point for Thistle at Spartans tonight. 

Had to withstand a lot of late pressure but again demonstrated that we are more than merely making up the numbers this season. That's us up to 5th after 8 games. Not too bad given our late elevation to SWPL1. 

Worryingly a few more injuries picked up tonight ahead of a really important game v Hearts at Petershill this coming Sunday 

Think yous should beat Hearts. They've been poor this season whilst your ladies seem to spring a few surprising results. Is the outfield player still in goals for you?

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Think yous should beat Hearts. They've been poor this season whilst your ladies seem to spring a few surprising results. Is the outfield player still in goals for you?

She wasn't last night but she might have been had she not had a wee injury. 

She has been so good in goals that we don't really think of her as an outfield player that can play in goals any more but one of three very capable keepers that we have. The fact that she offers experience outfield as well makes Danica a real asset.