The Conor Pepper Derby - ICTFC ~vs~ Morton

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Conor Pepper eh? What a player and what a boy.

He was a weird player for us.  Was with us for two season and was, for the most part, absolutely electric.  He came off injured in the final game of his first season and never played for us again.

Edited by Highland Capital

17 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

He was a weird player for us.  Was with us for two season and was, for the most part, absolutely electric.  He came off injured in the final game of his first season and never played for us again.

Really unlucky with injuries which has definitely held him back.

Q: Will the bar beneath the main stand be open, or has that been canned due to shan pandemic 'reasons'? 

Top at home to near enough bottom seems a straightforward call on paper, but bar the Partick debacle, we've been competitive in every game so far. The problem is that we're just not creating enough chances to score and win games - those narrow defeats/draws aren't going to be enough to even keep us in the relegation play-off pack this season. 

Inverness have had an excellent start but I don't look at their current squad and expect our usual bleaching* from it tbh. I think we'll get a low-scoring draw. 

1-1

Spoiler

So 6-0 it is then.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Q: Will the bar beneath the main stand be open, or has that been canned due to shan pandemic 'reasons'? 

IIRC it had been used by the away team as a changing room (or something for COVID) but with the JRG recently scrapping all that stuff maybe it will return to its former use.

That said I seem to recall some bumf about it being turned into a café to cater for NC500 tourists which would be a little bizarre.

Basically, don't bet on it being available and if you want to grab a drink head somewhere in town if you can and then get a taxi / bus to the ground.

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

IIRC it had been used by the away team as a changing room (or something for COVID) but with the JRG recently scrapping all that stuff maybe it will return to its former use.

That said I seem to recall some bumf about it being turned into a café to cater for NC500 tourists which would be a little bizarre.

Basically, don't bet on it being available and if you want to grab a drink head somewhere in town if you can and then get a taxi / bus to the ground.

Aye, not sure if it will be open for this game but it is still being used as a bar. We opened it for all the hearts fans who travelled up for their game against County.

Not sure what happened with the plans to turn it into a cafe but hopefully that stays quiet.

Hard to get that bothered about a game we expect to lose, but which won’t make any difference (unless it turns into a bleaching).

Most Morton fans would fast-forward straight to QoS, Thistle, Hamilton (the last two at home), which will probably define our season - or at least the manager’s fate.

Looks like a bit of a free hit?

Personally I am resting up before I head to the Queen's game  where in past season we have managed some decent results. I dare say we might need a result if this goes to form.

ICT X v 0 Ton.

As VT says we've at least been competitive in every game other than Partick rather than being hammered, but when you're six games without a win it's far too late to be clinging to performances. We need results and we need them now, but even grinding out a draw here is a huge ask.

Just not good enough today. Gus needs to start winning games. 

Strapp has been dreadful this season and a good part of last season too. 

We don't have goals in this team at all. We're struggling up front and today our defence gifted goals.

Don't think our overall play was that bad and ICT didn't over-run us or out play us at anytime. 

But we need to score and start winning games

Two points from seven games. A run this bad didn't happen under McElhone, Hopkin or Johansson. The last time it happened was 13/14, a season we're currently on course to get fewer points than. Speaking of that season, Gus MacPherson has a worse points per game record than Kenny Shiels, or any other Morton manager going back to Allan McGraw. I couldn't be bothered going back further but that gives him the worst record in 36 years anyway.

This is a game we were always expected to lose, but in the context of the season so far such an insipid performance is straw that broke the camels back stuff. I fully expect him to get the next three games, but even if we get one of the wins we desperately need there it feels a lot like delaying the inevitable for MacPherson now.